Cheap sneaks recommendation

Options
2»

Replies

• justinejacksonm
    justinejacksonm Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Do you notice a difference? I love Asics. Everyone’s feet are shaped differently though. I’ve found that with narrow heels I “walk out” of some brands because they fit too loosely in the heel. Asics and Nike do well for me.

So far so's good! My feet feel much better in them and my form/balance is way way way improved when I'm working out in them. My left knee is still hurting me at times, and even with the shoes both knees and feet are telling me they've had towards the end of the workday but I suppose that's a given.

Thanks everyone for your help!

I never went with Nike or a brand like that cause my feeling is that maybe they're just really overpriced poop because of the large brand name? Perhaps an incorrect attitude of course.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,951 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Hey everyone! Just thought I'd update after all your helpful posts.

I found an Asics store at the outlets. Little bit of a drive from where I live but it was a nice day for a drive.

These are what I went with.... The GT-Express

Thanks for the update! Asics is my brand as well.

Re-read your OP and was wondering if you should sub out some of those 4-5 mile walks on your days off for strength training, as you get so much walking in at work.

However, I get a lot of mental health benefits from walking in nature, and maybe you do as well. I'm lifting weights less these days - saving it for when it's raining and I don't want to walk due to the weather. (Also I hurt my elbow so am going easy on it.)
  • Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,209 Member
    Options
    My left knee is still hurting me at times

Asics have a raised heel, which, like i mentioned last month, adds to joint stress when walking. If you have Vans or Keds laying around, give them a try.
  • ceiswyn
    ceiswyn Posts: 2,256 Member
    Options
    In footwear, you get what you pay for.

Wearing professional or dress shoes, or in cheap trainers, just walking around the office for a day makes my ankles ache.

In my Brooks Ghosts, I can walk five miles without any problems at all. And regularly do.

In my world, that's worth paying the £120 price tag for.
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,106 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Do you notice a difference? I love Asics. Everyone’s feet are shaped differently though. I’ve found that with narrow heels I “walk out” of some brands because they fit too loosely in the heel. Asics and Nike do well for me.

So far so's good! My feet feel much better in them and my form/balance is way way way improved when I'm working out in them. My left knee is still hurting me at times, and even with the shoes both knees and feet are telling me they've had towards the end of the workday but I suppose that's a given.

Thanks everyone for your help!

I never went with Nike or a brand like that cause my feeling is that maybe they're just really overpriced poop because of the large brand name? Perhaps an incorrect attitude of course.

I had overpronation issues as well that caused me horrendous back, knee and hip problems. I have bought Asics ever since, started with the Stability type. You can also take out the insole and replace it with an orthotic insole, you can get the very expensive fitted ones or I picked up some online from Amazon that have helped no end, I have a pair in almost every pair of shoes/trainers now. Corrected my gait in about 3 months and alleviated the knee and hip pain altogether.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Orthotic-balance-correction-pronation-fasciitis/dp/B01GTTF2MQ/ref=pd_sim_309_4/258-6928046-0919803?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B01GTTF2MQ&pd_rd_r=6abf4f6a-2b88-11e9-a783-452c40dc4b7f&pd_rd_w=tpmVD&pd_rd_wg=ATtC4&pf_rd_p=1b8636ae-4f21-4403-a813-e8849dd46de4&pf_rd_r=0NMQABRYS6G6BG8Z7XVB&refRID=0NMQABRYS6G6BG8Z7XVB
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    I heard a wise saying years ago--never skimp on your mattress or shoes because that's where you spend the majority of your life.