30 Pounds and Counting! (Closed Group)

Options

Replies

• rmjj5
    rmjj5 Posts: 55
    Options
    So just wanted to share, I hit an all time low of 154.8 this morning! WOOOHOOOO! I cannot wait to be in the 140's again!

That is amazing!! You will be in the 140's in no time!
  • rmjj5
    Options
    So just wanted to share, I hit an all time low of 154.8 this morning! WOOOHOOOO! I cannot wait to be in the 140's again!

wow!! I can relate since I'm just at 154.4!! I can't wait to be in the 140's again either :laugh:

on another note: I have an nsv for this board. My husband mentioned last night that my arms are looking more defined than before!! :bigsmile:

MissFit - That is a great nsv... I think the arms are one of the harder areas to tone up too!
  • rmjj5
    Options
    So Friday morning are my weigh-in time. This morning I lost 2.0 pounds. I attribute it to having started doing boot camp. I have burned 4457 calories this week :smile: which is crazy for me. I am finally in the 170's I have not seen the 170's in 2 years so I am stoked and it has motivated me to keep up my hard work. I have yet to see any difference in my body or the way my clothing fits but hopefully that will come in the next month.
  • cdevine10
    cdevine10 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    So Friday morning are my weigh-in time. This morning I lost 2.0 pounds. I attribute it to having started doing boot camp. I have burned 4457 calories this week :smile: which is crazy for me. I am finally in the 170's I have not seen the 170's in 2 years so I am stoked and it has motivated me to keep up my hard work. I have yet to see any difference in my body or the way my clothing fits but hopefully that will come in the next month.

AWESOME!!!! Wow that was quite the calorie burn this week!! Hopefully I will be in the 170's next week too :) I am sure there are positive changes going on in your body and outside. You may not be able to tell but I am sure there is. Keep up the good work!
  • cdevine10
    Options
    So my goal for last week was to run for 30 minutes straight without having to stop to walk. Well I didn't accomplish that this last week but I did do it on Wednesday! I was so excited.

This weekends goal is to work out twice a day. Yup I am going to do it. I am going to do cardio on both days and then do upperbody P90X on one day and lower body P90X on the next. haha I will probably hate myself Monday morning :)

What are your goals?
  • rmjj5
    Options
    So my goal for last week was to run for 30 minutes straight without having to stop to walk. Well I didn't accomplish that this last week but I did do it on Wednesday! I was so excited.

This weekends goal is to work out twice a day. Yup I am going to do it. I am going to do cardio on both days and then do upperbody P90X on one day and lower body P90X on the next. haha I will probably hate myself Monday morning :)

What are your goals?

Congrats on the 30 mins run on Wednesday!

My goal this weekend is to work out on Saturday and Sunday (I usually don't). Your running has inspired me! I think that I will try to go for a run both days. Two years ago I ran a half marathon and literally have not run one day snice then...which is kinds funny because I did enjoy running then.
  • campbellcjdm
    Options
    2 more pounds today .... total of 19 so far !! OMG I never thought I would get here ... yeah me :love:
  • rmjj5
    Options
    2 more pounds today .... total of 19 so far !! OMG I never thought I would get here ... yeah me :love:

Congrats!! That is a great loss!
  • cdevine10
    Options

What are your goals?

My goal this weekend is to work out on Saturday and Sunday (I usually don't). Your running has inspired me! I think that I will try to go for a run both days. Two years ago I ran a half marathon and literally have not run one day snice then...which is kinds funny because I did enjoy running then.

WAIT!!! You ran a half marathon???!!! WOW what an accomplishment! I would love to work my way up to a half or even a :devil: full marathon! I cant believe you never ran after that though! All that hard work and then no running. :(
    How was the half? Was it so bad that you never ran again lol maybe I shouldnt make that a future goal. :laugh:
  • cdevine10
    Options

Wow! That is awesome!! have a great weekend!
  • rmjj5
    Options

What are your goals?

It was great, I finished in 2 hours and 17 mins. Keeping through the first hour was the hardest then after that I just keep telling myself u just ran for an hour straight you can keep going. I was fortunate to have a great running partner who keep me encouraged through the whole run. I literally have not run since that day. It was my goal to run the Toronto half before I turned 30 and had talked about doi g for years then the year I was 30 I finally did it and after was kinda just like yep, I have proven that I could do it. Check that off the goals list. I know it seems strange but that is what went through my head.

WAIT!!! You ran a half marathon???!!! WOW what an accomplishment! I would love to work my way up to a half or even a :devil: full marathon! I cant believe you never ran after that though! All that hard work and then no running. :(
    How was the half? Was it so bad that you never ran again lol maybe I shouldnt make that a future goal. :laugh:
  • rmjj5
    Options
    Cdevine- not sure how I managed to get my reply in the middle of the qoutes confusing but it is in there
  • aganey
    aganey Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    I am so proud of all of you. I am getting super motivated to keep this up! I feel like monday is taking forever (my weigh in day). I hope i will be sharing good news. I do however want to share that today at work was a food day and i tried hard to go for the healthy choices. I went over my calories but not by much so im not too disappointed in myself. My goal is to workout both days this weekend and at least 5 days before my next weigh in. Im ready to see my number drop!
  • Betheroo
    Betheroo Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    My goal this week is to work out five of the seven days. I'm totally inspired by hearing about everyone else's progress. Here's hoping that I'll be reporting in with weightloss by next weekend, too! For now, I'm off to run some stairs with my new HRM. I'm curious to see if my calorie burns according to my HRM are the same as what MFP says they are. So far circuit training was about the same and running actually was a higher burn that what MFP says, but I'm a little worried that stairs (which MFP says should burn a ton of calories in a short period of time) won['t be as high a burn according to my HRM as I hope it will be. Only one way to find out!
  • happyjacks
    happyjacks Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Sounds like Friday was an awesome day!!! I hope all that awesomeness carried into the weekend!

My son's birthday party was yesterday - made his cake and frosting, so of course I nibbled some of the batter/frosting to taste test it. Wasn't too bad though and I only ate one piece of cake and a small scoop of ice cream. Normally I would have down 2-3 pieces of cake before getting irritated with myself and pitching the cake out. I can say that 1/2 of it is still sitting on the kitchen counter and I could care less.

So that is my victory this weekend - I made sure to only have fruit and veggies to nibble on yesterday (though, there was veggie dip for the carrots and broccoli and I have an olive habit that is a bit over the top whenever I crack a can open) but I didn't chow down on chips and dip or drink any soda/alcohol, so it was overall good.

I got a new HRM on Thursday - yesterday was my first time taking it out for a spin (Friday is my rest day) and so far so good. It shows a higher calorie burn than the machines or MFP was showing me, but I think it's because I was working out at a higher intensity of HR than the machines or MFP accounts for. I may need to alter my calories a bit (increase by 100-150) to account for this. I was likely under eating to begin with. I will play around with that over the next few weeks to see what works.

Anyway - rambling a bit (okay, a lot). Hope everyone is having a fab weekend!! :)
  • aganey
    Options
    So we celebrated my husbands birthday this weekend with a big fish and shrimp fry. I managed to have my mom cook me some baked fish and grilled shrimp instead. I dodged the cake and ice cream not only for his bday but two other bday parties this weekend too. I didnt excersize both nights this weekend like i wanted to, but as long as i do every night this week i will be happy. Tomorrows my weigh in and hopefully my good eating habbits will pay off!
  • aganey
    Options
    So today was my weigh in and i lost two pounds!! Im excited to see my hard work payoff. I really wanted to see the 170s but hopefully next monday i will. Im still very pleased with the results. I started doing this only two weeks ago and have lost 5 pounds so im pretty proud of myself. I hope everyone is still as motivated as i am and also has good numbers to report. Have a great day everyone!
  • MissyFit08
    MissyFit08 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    So today was my weigh in and i lost two pounds!! Im excited to see my hard work payoff. I really wanted to see the 170s but hopefully next monday i will. Im still very pleased with the results. I started doing this only two weeks ago and have lost 5 pounds so im pretty proud of myself. I hope everyone is still as motivated as i am and also has good numbers to report. Have a great day everyone!

wow!! That's fabulous! Hard work does, indeedy, pay off! It does help not eating cake and ice cream at every party. Good for you!!
  • Betheroo
    Betheroo Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Way to go! You inspire me - I need to get off my butt and exercise, but first wanted to touch base with people. I've got another goal for this week for myself, which is to drink my 8 glasses of water every day. I have already caught myself a couple times the last few days thinking I want to eat something, only to realize I was just thirsty. Any ideas on making water more appealing or on keeping motivated to get all the H20 in?:drinker: (Let's pretend that's water, not beer :blushing:
  • cdevine10
    Options
    Way to go! You inspire me - I need to get off my butt and exercise, but first wanted to touch base with people. I've got another goal for this week for myself, which is to drink my 8 glasses of water every day. I have already caught myself a couple times the last few days thinking I want to eat something, only to realize I was just thirsty. Any ideas on making water more appealing or on keeping motivated to get all the H20 in?:drinker: (Let's pretend that's water, not beer :blushing:

Do you keep a water bottle with you at all times? I keep a 40oz one on my desk and before lunch I make sure i have one bottle full and make sure I drink one before I leave. Thats 80oz before I leave work at 4:30. I also drink a lot of water after my work out and at least one for dinner. I have always been a water drinker though. My parents never let me have pop and that is one thing I praise them for. I have never had "cravings" for pop. But if I didnt have that water bottle I would never get my recommended amounts. Once you start to get the hang of it you crave water.