Sexy in Six Challenge - PURPLE Team (CLOSED GROUP)

Options

Replies

• tjutrostina
    tjutrostina Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    Does anyone know if I'm on the purple team, I think so. Was I suppose to get an e-mail. Sorry for the dumb question!

thanks!

Hi Nicole! I think you might have been listed as AJNicole in the list that was out on the main forum. Welcome to the Purple Team! :)
  • arcticbear
    arcticbear Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Good morning Team Purple! Looks like most of you did the challenge last night, but well done! I have to admit I am a fiercely competitive person - did anyone notice the Team Pink glittery signature someone has made? Well, I want one ! Does anyone know how to do that for Team Purple? A bit of corporate identity?!! Plus it would be easier to pick out the Team Purple responses on the challenge.... But my IT skills aren't my strongest point......

Staying below daily calorie allowance - I have been managing this, but when I weighed in this morning, I got a message which asked if I wanted to recalculate my amounts as I had lost a lot of weight quickly. Does anyone know what that's about?

I am both pleased and worried to be losing weight, but I am hungry nearly all the time....and I seem to have got into a mind set where I can just refuse food if it hasn't got the right number of calories in. Still, at nearly 240 pounds, I don't suppose I am in any danger of developing an eating disorder. I just have never done calorie counting before!
  • persanta
    persanta Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Hi Purples!

How is everyone doing???

Hope we all manage to keep under our calorie intake, and earn us some bonus points.

I think we should all motivate each other and keep our team on top!!!

Speak Soon

Paula x :flowerforyou:
  • NicholeAJ
    Options
    Arcticbear,
    I have been told not to recalculate when it says that unless you want to allow yourself more calories. I could be wrong though!
  • arcticbear
    Options
    That was for Persanta - but I do definitely eat my extra calories from exercise. That's what MFP recommends too - so that might be good news for you!
  • kristyann86
    kristyann86 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    i talked to the logo creater and she said she googled the image. i'll look and see what i can find...is there a way one can be made from microsoft word or some program like that and get it to the site with a code? i have no idea lolol
  • arcticbear
    Options
    I'll have a look too - but I am a bit of an ignoramus here....
  • kristyann86
    kristyann86 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    team-purple.png

well nevermind. that one didn't work
  • arcticbear
    Options
    nor did this one!
  • SiyaL8R
    SiyaL8R Posts: 17
    Options
    :noway: My knee is telling me not to run today, so I tried really hard and stayed under my calories today. I really hope my knee feels better tomorrow, because I don't want to miss my soccer game. How did everyone else do?

This time of night is the hardest for me. Although now that I live in a two story once I come up for the night, I tend not to sneak back down for a snack. So maybe moving last month was a good thing in more ways than one :tongue:
  • arcticbear
    Options
    I've found us our own Team Purple banner - has taken hours!!! I had been hoping for something more glitzy, so if anyone can find anything better, please do. In the meantime to add this one to your signature this is the code!

resize3c.gif

If all of the team add it, we will find it easier to spot each other on the main sexy in 6 forum.....
  • arcticbear
    Options
    OK - so you can all see that I am not the brightest kid on the block when it comes to IT...so the code is: but change the capital IMGs to lower case img when you have added it to your signature.

teampurple.jpg

I'm off to bed now. Good night all x
  • tjutrostina
    Options
    WOW!!! So much happened while I was asleep! Logo looks great, Arcticbear! How did everyone do on their calorie intake yesterday?

It was a little challenging for me yesterday, but the thought of keeping to the challenge really helped. :P
  • arcticbear
    Options
    Hi Tina - I stayed under, but then for some reason, MFP has given me extra calories since my last weigh in! You did well, didn't you? Keep thinking about that wedding dress....do you already have it?

Good morning Team Purple! Hope you all have good days!
  • tjutrostina
    Options
    Hi Tina - I stayed under, but then for some reason, MFP has given me extra calories since my last weigh in! You did well, didn't you? Keep thinking about that wedding dress....do you already have it?

Good morning Team Purple! Hope you all have good days!

That's great! Must be cos you've lost alot more weight, so MFP re-evaluated your calorie needs. I tried pretty hard to stay under. The sandwich I had drove me crazy trying to put in the calorie amount as close as I possibly could. Don't have the dress yet, and due for a fitting soon, so pretty excited!

I'm having a stressful day, and really trying hard to keep from emotional eating. It's a conscientious effort and hopefully will get some healthy dinner later. :P

How's everyone doing? Hope everyone's got your answers in for today's question! :)
  • sakus32
    sakus32 Posts: 101
    Options
    Hey my sista's!! Hope everyone's day has been a successful one. I spent all morning orienting to my clinical floor home for the next 8 weeks. One 15 minute break around 10 and I wolfed down a kashi bar and guzzled some water and away I flew. I find that when I am really super busy, when I get a few minutes to de-stress, I realize I am really super starving and then its like a rabid animal is let loose in the kitchen trying to find anything that will fit in my mouth. This is one of my worst and hardest habits to break. Waiting too long in between meals until I get to the point I would eat one of my children if they stood still long enough. I make the poorest food choices just because its convenient. I did re-direct myself with some water and made a decent sandwich, but that isn't always the case. Anyone else ever find their self in this predicament?
  • zaiikaa
    zaiikaa Posts: 112
    Options
    Hey my sista's!! Hope everyone's day has been a successful one. I spent all morning orienting to my clinical floor home for the next 8 weeks. One 15 minute break around 10 and I wolfed down a kashi bar and guzzled some water and away I flew. I find that when I am really super busy, when I get a few minutes to de-stress, I realize I am really super starving and then its like a rabid animal is let loose in the kitchen trying to find anything that will fit in my mouth. This is one of my worst and hardest habits to break. Waiting too long in between meals until I get to the point I would eat one of my children if they stood still long enough. I make the poorest food choices just because its convenient. I did re-direct myself with some water and made a decent sandwich, but that isn't always the case. Anyone else ever find their self in this predicament?

I'm about the opposite of you right now, but it's just as bad. I'm a new grad and job hunting, so I'm at home all day with nothing but time on my hands. And when I have a lot of free time, I think about nothing but food!!! :( Ugh.
  • arcticbear
    Options
  • arcticbear
    Options
    Sakus - you really made me laugh. !! I really understand that desire to eat anything - anything! - once the chaos subsides ever so slightly at work. I wonder what that's about? At school, people are always bringing in chocolates, cakes and biscuits , even doughnuts.....the stuff is everywhere! Then classes that are cooking bring you something to try - which you say you'll save for later, but then when the gap in the manic traffic happens, I tend to just guzzle everything up. This is going to be a big challenge for me. I go back in on a regular basis on 1 September.
  • arcticbear
    Options
    Where is everyone in purple team anyway?.........What are you up to?