13»

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    FL_Hiker wrote: »
    What in the world is a thigh gap?

When you have your feet together, if your thighs don't touch, that's thigh gap.

which is totally genetics. some of us can be sticks and still not have a thigh gap

Yup. I'm not a stick, but I've got narrow-set hips. I have a keyhole gap, but I will likely never have a thigh gap, and I don't want to sacrifice my muscle to get there.

Do you mean a toblerone tunnel?! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

This is the first I have ever heard of a toblerone tunnel. Is this for real a trend? Or one of those dumb things that 1 person does, then there is an internet article saying "oh, this new trend..."?

Google says it's a thing... but on inspection of an actual real size toblerone I'm not 100% certain... :laugh:
  • FL_Hiker
    FL_Hiker Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    Fatty_Nuff wrote: »
    FL_Hiker wrote: »
    What in the world is a thigh gap?
    It's the chunk of meat the cook has eaten out of your extra crispy meal at KFC. :/

Haha 😂
  • mitch16
    mitch16 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Options
    I think you are a bit dysmorphic - your thighs are slim!

Not just a bit--maybe a lot! OP, how tall are you? You're already at a healthy BMI and yet you say mfp has you on 1200 calories a day? And you're a distance runner? Unless you are super short (<5 feet), that isn't enough calories to fuel your workouts. Set your goals to lose at a more reasonable rate (if any), be patient, and be realistic about your genetics.
  • cmhubbard92
    cmhubbard92 Posts: 5,018 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    So after gaining a couple kgs over the last year I’m back at calorie counting, mfp is giving me 1200 calories and I’m eating roughly 50% exercise calories (I’m a distance runner, exercise calories can be huge). Since I’m back on the weight loss train I’ve decided that rather than an arbitrary number, my goal will be to finally eliminate the body fat I hate and that just won’t seem to shift: my thighs.
    I’ve hated my legs since I was 8. I feel with the amount I run I deserve legs I like.
    So I’m gonna stick at this till my thighs shrink or I hit an underweight bmi, whichever comes first (as in, I’m not gonna go into the underweight bmi range for this). What I wonder is, how low do I need to go?
    My bmi is currently 20.85. My lowest bmi has been 19.9
    I’m guessing I’m going to need to hit the bottom of 19 to see improvement.
    Has anyone else had success getting rid of that one area that just won’t go? I’d really like to reduce chafing, wobbling, and not feel self conscious in running shorts finally. And maybe fit pants without them falling off my non-existent hips or squeezing my thighs ridiculously.

Is this picture at all current? If so, your thighs aren't fat. I hated my big feet and calves (which are truly big - shoe size Women's 11 and I am not especially tall) when I was a kid, but got over it by the time I was an adult. If this is seriously impacting your life, I suggest discussing body dysmorphia with a medical professional.

82d3f613122d86760e40b6b676435bc1c325.jpg

I'm 5'3" and have had size 11 feet since I was in high school... I don't wear open toe shoes unless I am home. So tricky to find cute shoes(or any shoes depending on where you go!)

OP, I would love to have that shape someday! Those are amazing legs, give them credit for all those miles you can run with them!!!
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,906 Member
    Options
    So after gaining a couple kgs over the last year I’m back at calorie counting, mfp is giving me 1200 calories and I’m eating roughly 50% exercise calories (I’m a distance runner, exercise calories can be huge). Since I’m back on the weight loss train I’ve decided that rather than an arbitrary number, my goal will be to finally eliminate the body fat I hate and that just won’t seem to shift: my thighs.
    I’ve hated my legs since I was 8. I feel with the amount I run I deserve legs I like.
    So I’m gonna stick at this till my thighs shrink or I hit an underweight bmi, whichever comes first (as in, I’m not gonna go into the underweight bmi range for this). What I wonder is, how low do I need to go?
    Has anyone else had success getting rid of that one area that just won’t go? I’d really like to reduce chafing, wobbling, and not feel self conscious in running shorts finally. And maybe fit pants without them falling off my non-existent hips or squeezing my thighs ridiculously.

Is this picture at all current? If so, your thighs aren't fat. I hated my big feet and calves (which are truly big - shoe size Women's 11 and I am not especially tall) when I was a kid, but got over it by the time I was an adult. If this is seriously impacting your life, I suggest discussing body dysmorphia with a medical professional.

I'm 5'3" and have had size 11 feet since I was in high school... I don't wear open toe shoes unless I am home. So tricky to find cute shoes(or any shoes depending on where you go!)

OP, I would love to have that shape someday! Those are amazing legs, give them credit for all those miles you can run with them!!!

@cmhubbard92 I wear men's shoes as often as I can get away with it :lol:

Since I work from home that is most of the time :smiley:

I do wear the below in the summer and have rec'd compliments on them. Got them at Zappos but they are no longer available there, but there are 11s on Amazon still. (I get most of my shoes on Amazon or Zappos.)

https://smile.amazon.com/Azura-Spring-Step-Womens-Ruby-mae/dp/B00GCKFMUK/

426cb738b78fdeb37fb422e8b8324bb8.jpg
  • cmhubbard92
    cmhubbard92 Posts: 5,018 Member
    Options

@cmhubbard92 I wear men's shoes as often as I can get away with it :lol:

Since I work from home that is most of the time :smiley:

I do wear the below in the summer and have rec'd compliments on them. Got them at Zappos but they are no longer available there, but there are 11s on Amazon still. (I get most of my shoes on Amazon or Zappos.)

https://smile.amazon.com/Azura-Spring-Step-Womens-Ruby-mae/dp/B00GCKFMUK/

426cb738b78fdeb37fb422e8b8324bb8.jpg
    Yes, mens sneakers are often a go-to for me when I can't find my size (and sometimes you can't even tell!)

Those are cute! I am going to check those out! Thank you for the link!!!
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options
    OP I hear ya. I actually did not have that as a goal in 2017 when I was losing because I just figured ugly legs was what it was gonna be. I am a runner as well. I think you just need to see what happens for you as you lose. Everyone is different. I was literally shocked that the last 4-5 pounds DID make such a huge difference in my thighs. And even if you do end up going a LITTLE underweight BMI you probably will not put it back in that area when you recomp. So it actually CAN happen.
  • savithny
    savithny Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    yirara wrote: »
    I noticed my first weight loss on my fingers - I can wear my wedding band again! Now I wonder if my pinky - toe is next. I don't think you can hope for weight loss in a specific area - unless you choose serious fat / skin removal surgery or lose a limb.

This. I have a near-six-pack at a BMI of 21.6-ish... my ribs and collarbones show big time. And I carry all my weight on my thighs. if I wanted slim legs... well.. I had a BMI of 19.5 at one point in the past. It just didn't happen.

I can have a BMI over 30 and my collarbones are still prominent and some of my ribs are visible, but my thighs met and chafed even when I had a dead-on-normal BMI.