Tell me your weird deams

Replies

• TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    I had a dream once that I was outside the house and an Intruder had my wife and daughter inside. I was outside looking in through a window. I made up my mind that I had to go in. I convinced myself that if he didn't hit me in the heart or the head I could get to him and put him down. In my dream, I raised the window I was looking through and started to pass through. He turned, looked at me, raised the gun and pointed it at me. Everything went black and I woke up. I guess he got me.
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    On the topic of dreams? What do you guys think? Do the actually mean something... like a suppressed subconscious emotion coming to surface or are they just random images. Is there any significance to their interpretation. Also have you ever woken up from a dream and not be sure if you’re still in a dream?

Yes, often.
    Also sometimes wake up and know I'm awake, but think my dream was a real memory for a bit until I realize it was just a dream

• Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    With sleep apnea, sometimes you can't tell if you were lying awake, or if you were actually asleep...

It's like I feel like I was awake, but looking back, I'm pretty sure I was asleep... It's the weirdest feeling

Lost a stupid peace to mask, so sleepings been a *kitten*... The headaches are knarly, gotta order another...
  • Deadman_Diggingup
    Deadman_Diggingup Posts: 3,082 Member
    A few nights ago, I had a dream @_Deadman_Walking_ showed up at my front door with a body wrapped in a shower curtain and asked me if I had built that new shed yet.

I’m mostly honoured that my dream version of him trusts me enough to hide his murderous ways.

Sooooo, about this shed.........
  • amorfati601070
    amorfati601070 Posts: 2,861 Member
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    On the topic of dreams? What do you guys think? Do the actually mean something... like a suppressed subconscious emotion coming to surface or are they just random images. Is there any significance to their interpretation. Also have you ever woken up from a dream and not be sure if you’re still in a dream?

Yes, often.
    Also sometimes wake up and know I'm awake, but think my dream was a real memory for a bit until I realize it was just a dream

Yes it is quite freaky when that happens. Also when you only sleep for like 2 hours but still have a dream and you think like 8 hours have passed and it throws you off. That happen to me and my mum thought I was on drugs lol. I thought it was the next day.
  • CaptainFantastic01
    CaptainFantastic01 Posts: 9,557 Member
    ZabBabs wrote: »
    I had a dream the other night where I got a bunch of tattoos. I also got full custody and my ex was super sweet about it.

I don't dream often and it was really nice.

I dream about you nightly

DAMN BOI
  • zorander6
    zorander6 Posts: 2,711 Member
    The only recent weird dream I remember is that a persian princess was missing (that I knew nothing about) and that I could not find my socks. None in my house anywhere.

How that is related I have no clue.
  • Mean_Spice
    Mean_Spice Posts: 279 Member
    I have this reoccurring dream, 1-3 times a week.

Just thought I would share :-)

I am a fox hole in the middle of a jungle firefight. Rounds, flares, explosions are happening all over the perimeter of our base. The enemy start assaulting our positions so we start to set off our claymore mines (these are a type of anti-personnel mine that blow ball bearings toward the way they are facing). The enemy had turned several towards us, so we ended up fragging ourselves.

Flash forward:
    I am sitting in an OP position with my spotter overlooking a large wire fence. We start to take some incoming fire and call forward for permission to engage. It takes 10-15 minutes to clear the rules of engagement. By the time the permission is given, the shooting has stopped.

Flash forward:
    I am flying over a scene for hell. Burning vehicles and ruined tanks are scatter along dessert highways. Bodies are hanging from all of the vehicles, some are broken/crashed and others are still smoldering from fires. In the distance I see plumes of smoke towering into the sky and some of it is bellowing across the arid sands.

Thanks Army, love you big time.

They do not affect quite as much as they did in the past. Have counseling once a week to help me out. DO NOT wake up in a total panic anymore (most times). The wife and I are working our way through it and we support each other. Kids have a hard time understanding when they are visiting over-night. Grandson thinks they are cool and always tell that I had a BIG dream last night when he hears me.
  • SirMxyzptlk
    SirMxyzptlk Posts: 841 Member
    The other night I dreamed I was a teepee.
    The next night I dreamed I was a pop-up Coleman 4 person.
    Went to see the docutor yesterday and he said probably stress, or I am just too tense.
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    I sleepwalk sometimes.
    When I was a kid I had a few episodes of sleepwalking with a "theme". On different occasions I was looking for sharp objects, knives, scissors, needles. I spoke (I guess?) I don't remember.
    I do wonder what I was dreaming about.
  • Iscah13
    Iscah13 Posts: 1,954 Member
    I just dreamt a family member was talking about a murder that just happened....but we all knew he was the murderer.