160 pounds off... Maintained for almost 2 years

jcvd9me8dg9a.jpeg
mwgfdipyoejs.png
I waited a long time to post a success story. I think there are lots of successes in life, but also lots of challenges. I wanted maintenance to be part of the success! Now I've kept the first 50 pounds off for more than five years, and I've maintained within ten pounds of my lowest weight for about 2 years now. It was both easy and hard. Easy because it was just calories in versus calories out, and hard because it takes a lot of consistency and practice. Weight loss isn't the only or most important success, but it does feel good. At my heaviest, I was over 300. I lost the first 80 pounds before MFP, and about 80 since joining. Thanks to everyone for the support, inspiration, and fun.

Replies

• Fflpnari
    Fflpnari Posts: 975 Member
    Amazing!!
  • mariag5846
    mariag5846 Posts: 1 Member
    Congratulations a real inspiration thank you for sharing.
  • Sew3rin
    Sew3rin Posts: 115 Member
    Way to go!!!
  • dhiammarath
    dhiammarath Posts: 834 Member
    Wow! Amazing! Congratulations on not only weight loss but maintenance!
  • imxnianne
    imxnianne Posts: 216 Member
    So did skin tighten up with 2 years mt?
  • chasitystiff160
    chasitystiff160 Posts: 31 Member
    You look great when your maintaining do you still have to count your calories
  • beatthereaper2016
    beatthereaper2016 Posts: 55 Member
    Simply amazing! I really appreciate that you wanted the lasting result. What a fantastic outcome for a beautiful soul. I love that you are smiling all the way through.
  • yweight2020
    yweight2020 Posts: 591 Member
    Amazing, thanks for sharing. You inspire :):)
  • reboot1818
    reboot1818 Posts: 13 Member
    I still count calories because it helps me maintain. I'm sure some people don't need to but I still find it worthwhile and a good way to keep thinking about what I eat.
  • jasonpoihegatama
    jasonpoihegatama Posts: 496 Member
    wow good one!!!
  • Dame_sans_merci
    Dame_sans_merci Posts: 74 Member
    You look fabulous.
  • linda2017th
    linda2017th Posts: 4 Member
    Congrats! And thank you for sharing. Needed to see a lost like this right now. I agree that the weight loss (for me 70lbs) was both easy and difficult for the reasons you note. For the past six months, I've been in maintenance and it feels like as much of a success for me, too.
  • Soul_Gazer
    Soul_Gazer Posts: 3 Member
    Thank~you for sharing... your before/afters made my day!! :) Congratulations!!!!
  • TayaCurragh
    TayaCurragh Posts: 709 Member
    Well done! You look so much younger and happier in the after photos.
  • AmyC2288
    AmyC2288 Posts: 386 Member
    Absolutely amazing. What amazing inspiration!
  • urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,325 Member
    ix6w8g776k8a.gif<3
  • reboot1818
    reboot1818 Posts: 13 Member
    Thanks to everyone who took the time to read and/or to comment. It is another incentive to keep going on the same path.
  • frida001
    frida001 Posts: 437 Member
    You look amazing - and so much younger! Thank you for sharing your story.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!