What healthy food do you hate?

Replies

• Jeeplet18
    Jeeplet18 Posts: 57 Member
    I hate grapefruit.
  • pfcladyjane0
    pfcladyjane0 Posts: 2 Member
    Almost all of it
    Let me start buy saying I never liked eating it used to make me feel bad. And I never ate green things till I was in college. :/ anyway I am 38 and tring to lose weight cause a box of ho ho’s is not good for my bowle movements. I learned I do like some green stuff but not a lot. Dose anyone know of things with iron that are not green. I do love meat I am a meat an potato’s kind of person.
    As for what I do t like- cooked Spinach, cooked broccoli of any kind, cauliflower, sauerkraut, I can’t eat sausage it’s too hard on my stomach, I now only drink almond vanilla milk because the others either don’t taste good or don’t agree with my stomach,Asparagus I can only eat if it’s drenched in teriyaki sauce, I don’t like pears or peaches or actual pineapples but I do you like the juice to each one of those I’m allergic to lime, I don’t eat actual fruits I just like the things that are supposed to taste like them for example love lemonade I don’t eat lemons, Love strawberry lemonade don’t like to eat strawberries.
  • JessAndreia
    JessAndreia Posts: 540 Member
    Almost all of it
    Let me start buy saying I never liked eating it used to make me feel bad. And I never ate green things till I was in college. :/ anyway I am 38 and tring to lose weight cause a box of ho ho’s is not good for my bowle movements. I learned I do like some green stuff but not a lot. Dose anyone know of things with iron that are not green. I do love meat I am a meat an potato’s kind of person.
    As for what I do t like- cooked Spinach, cooked broccoli of any kind, cauliflower, sauerkraut, I can’t eat sausage it’s too hard on my stomach, I now only drink almond vanilla milk because the others either don’t taste good or don’t agree with my stomach,Asparagus I can only eat if it’s drenched in teriyaki sauce, I don’t like pears or peaches or actual pineapples but I do you like the juice to each one of those I’m allergic to lime, I don’t eat actual fruits I just like the things that are supposed to taste like them for example love lemonade I don’t eat lemons, Love strawberry lemonade don’t like to eat strawberries.
    Legumes - beans, lentils...
  • lkpducky
    lkpducky Posts: 16,636 Member
    Beets - they taste like dirt.
    Raw broccoli - I prefer it cooked
    Green beans, unless sauteed in garlic or spicy sauce like in Thai or Chinese restaurants
    Green bell peppers - too bitter and one little piece added to a dish takes over the whole dish. I do like yellow and orange bells though.
    Sea urchin (maybe I've had bad luck and gotten a bad batch each time) but they tasted foul.
    Eggplant is too rich for me (although my grandma's spicy eggplant-tomato spread is good).
    Cream sauce. I don't want something heavy and bland covering up something I want to taste.
    Pasta if it has too much sauce
    Mac 'n' cheese if it's too soupy and bland or goopy. I want some cheese I can sink my teeth into (baked mac), not baby food.
    Mayonnaise, especially on seafood. I want to taste the fish or shellfish, not the mayo! I think mayo is for people who hate fish. And I want tangy condiments on burgers, not mayo or thousand island dressing.
  • lkpducky
    Insert my husband's F-bomb-laden rant on kale here - something about it being a roadside weed that a badger pissed on, etc etc.
  • carakirkey
    carakirkey Posts: 199 Member
    Dont like cauliflower, Brussel sprouts. And seafood. Love fish but not a fan of slimy bottom feeders. And dont like rice cakes. ( does anyone truly like these?!)
  • lkpducky
    crazyravr wrote: »
    lkpducky wrote: »
    Green beans, unless sauteed in garlic or spicy sauce like in Thai or Chinese restaurants
    Green bell peppers - too bitter and one little piece added to a dish takes over the whole dish. I do like yellow and orange bells though.
    Sea urchin (maybe I've had bad luck and gotten a bad batch each time) but they tasted foul.
    Eggplant is too rich for me (although my grandma's spicy eggplant-tomato spread is good).
    Cream sauce. I don't want something heavy and bland covering up something I want to taste.
    Mac 'n' cheese if it's too soupy and bland or goopy. I want some cheese I can sink my teeth into (baked mac), not baby food.
    Mayonnaise, especially on seafood. I want to taste the fish or shellfish, not the mayo! I think mayo is for people who hate fish. And I want tangy condiments on burgers, not mayo or thousand island dressing.

Reading this made me LOL........ maybe just maybe learn to cook ;)

I can cook just fine, you silly bugger! :p I just won't make the dishes I don't like.
  • lilithsrose
    lilithsrose Posts: 752 Member
    Cottage cheese, tomatoes, bell peppers, grapefruit, and bananas.

I don't mind the taste of cottage cheese, but the texture bothers me. It feels like chunky vomit. :s
  • midlomel1971
    midlomel1971 Posts: 1,283 Member
    edited February 2019
    Oatmeal. I've tried so many times to like it and eat it in the morning, but it makes me gag. And raw broccoli. I LOVE it roasted or in stir-fry but I can't eat it raw.
  • foreverslim1111
    foreverslim1111 Posts: 2,602 Member
    I HATE Liver. I had a step father who tried to force 8 year old me to eat it. He would force me to sit at the kitchen table until he thought I would give in and eat it. LOL, I never did. One time I sat there till midnight, he finally went to bed and I threw it in the trash Another time I fed it to the dog under the table. No one should ever try to force a kid to eat any food.
  • TanyaHooton
    TanyaHooton Posts: 249 Member
    Cabbage. I won't eat it, not in any form - raw, cooked, baked, sauerkraut, kimchi. Really don't care for brussels sprouts by extension too.
    Oysters. Like swallowing snot.
    Oatmeal - I'll only eat it one way with blueberries and cinnamon, and I can't look at it. It looks like vomit and kind has a texture like that too.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member

I can cook just fine, you silly bugger! :p I just won't make the dishes I don't like.

But read what you wrote. You simply wont eat certain food only because they are done a certain way. Anything cooked properly will have good taste and texture. I find this is the reason why most ppl simply dislike various foods.
    For me as a child it was breaded bone in pork chops my mom would make. It was nothing but a fat soggy overcooked peace of meat. Ditto steak. Steak was like leather. It wasnt until I learned how stuff should be prepared that I started eating many things.

Actually, she said she doesn't like certain foods IF they are prepared in a certain way. Completely different. I also refuse to eat raw broccoli, but steamed or roasted, it is one of my favorite foods.
  • tripitena
    tripitena Posts: 554 Member
    Kale.
  • slipslimo
    slipslimo Posts: 18 Member
    Fish .
  • jseams1234
    jseams1234 Posts: 1,216 Member
    edited February 2019
    Bell Peppers. I don't care how they are prepared... I hate them. Strangely - when I was a kid I loved them and ate them like apples.
  • lkpducky

But read what you wrote. You simply wont eat certain food only because they are done a certain way. Anything cooked properly will have good taste and texture. I find this is the reason why most ppl simply dislike various foods.
    For me as a child it was breaded bone in pork chops my mom would make. It was nothing but a fat soggy overcooked peace of meat. Ditto steak. Steak was like leather. It wasnt until I learned how stuff should be prepared that I started eating many things.

@crazyravr I see where you're coming from on your experiences. However, what I don't like is the way some foods are prepared in some restaurants, as @pinuplove noted.
    My favorite mac n cheese, for example, is either baked or with just enough sauce to coat. It's just that I keep running into the goopier kind at restaurants.
    Oh drat, my post makes it look like I don't like pasta. Should have reworded it to "heavily-sauced pasta"

Unfortunately, there's not much I can do to improve sea urchin sushi :p
  • lkpducky
    Probably depends on the dish and preparation. I imagine with the pasta example I can say "light on sauce". In some cases, if the cooking style I want is too different (baked vs goopy mac) I'll just order a different dish.

• lkpducky
    edited February 2019
    Oh geesh, this is a thread about HEALTHY foods we don't like, and I just put a list of foods in general.
    Guess ANY food can be healthy in the right amount.
    (oh no, where am I going with this? now people are going to start arguing about that)
    ...wanders off in a daze
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Oh geesh, this is a thread about HEALTHY foods we don't like, and I just put a list of foods in general.
    Guess ANY food can be healthy in the right amount.
    (oh no, where am I going with this? now people are going to start arguing about that)
    ...wanders off in a daze

:lol: No worries. I wasn't quite as evolved when I started this as I am now. "Healthy" is about as useful a descriptor as "clean."
  • mgtz69
    mgtz69 Posts: 7 Member
    Kale. Tough and bitter. No amount of dressing, toppings or combination with fruit can mask this nasty green. Not a fan of collards either but I can eat them. Kale, disgusting. It should have stayed as a garnish on your restaurant appetizer or entree plate.