What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• slessofme
    slessofme Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    slessofme wrote: »
    How it's possible for college educated people to not know how to flip the switch on a garbage disposal or trip the sensor on an auto flush toilet, if it doesn't go itself.

They know. They think it’s someone else’s problem

Ignorance can be forgiven, assholery... Not so much.
  • RomaineCalm
    RomaineCalm Posts: 3,972 Member
    Options
    April8114 wrote: »
    Trying to deal with a partner that replies to every comment, no matter how benign, with an opposing view, arguing any point just so he sounds like he’s the only one that is correct. Or he’s evasive when asked a direct question. Or defensive, acting like my simple inquiry of asking if we’re out of something is accusatory when nothing could be farther from the truth. Then he wonders why I’m quiet most of the time now and no longer want to engage in his idea of a conversation and actually avoid him. Oh, and now that I’m making a big (but quiet) effort to be more accountable for my health, bring on the sabotage! Can you say “BAGS of candy and snacks from the dollar store”??!

Pardon my bluntness, but I don't understand why people stay in relationships that are clearly not healthy or positive forces in their life. You don't have a "partner" you have an antagonist.
  • honeybee__12
    honeybee__12 Posts: 15,688 Member
    Options
    Sleeping naked.
    I was reading thru the how you sleep thread and realized so many people sleep naked.
    I just can't do it.
    What if the house catches fire?
    What if there's a tornado?
    What if I have to shoot someone who has broken in?
    I don't feel prepared for any situation if I'm naked and living alone I like to feel prepared for any situation.
    I'm a little jealous.
  • CoffeeAndContour
    CoffeeAndContour Posts: 1,466 Member
    Options
    Sleeping naked.
    I was reading thru the how you sleep thread and realized so many people sleep naked.
    I just can't do it.
    I don't feel prepared for any situation if I'm naked and living alone I like to feel prepared for any situation.
    I'm a little jealous.

I am one of those people and our situations are just different. I don’t live anywhere, where there are tornadoes, thankfully. I have a robe and an emergency bag if their was a fire and my area is pretty low crime, but they’d have to break in through two dead bolted doors while an alarm was going off to get in so I’m fairly confident no one is breaking in and by then I’d be dressed and have already called 911.

I say try it, you’d sleep so much better.
  • RomaineCalm
    Options
    I quite like the word 'asinine'.
  • RhiAnLewis17
    RhiAnLewis17 Posts: 2,299 Member
    Options
    I quite like the word 'asinine'.

There should be a word of the day thread. That would be cool.
    For the logophiles.
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Options
    bojack5 wrote: »
    bojack5 wrote: »
    Say what you want about Cardi B, but she went from being a stripper in the Bronx just a few years ago to being on top in the music industry. Dont gotta like her, but hard not to respect the hustle.

Lil Kim and Eve did too

Yes... but Eve carries herself differently now. Cardi B is all over the place. I'm not a fan.

Maybe when Cardi is 40 she'll carry herself differently as well. Not a fan either, like i said, just respecting the hustle.

+1.

I have seen the Vice coverage on stripping in the Bronx ... It's not even normal stripping - they're exposed. Much respect to her.
  • bootyrubsandtacos
    bootyrubsandtacos Posts: 775 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    F?%! It! I’m buying my OWN chocolates on Valentine’s Day 😤😤😤😤 I might even buy myself some flowers *sings* 🎶Me myself and I is all I got in the end🎶 😝💁🏽‍♀️💁🏽‍♀️
  • RomaineCalm
    Options
    Man, I hate a mealy apple!
  • Tankiscool
    Tankiscool Posts: 11,105 Member
    Options
    Sleeping naked.
    I just can't do it.
    I'm a little jealous.

You can live life in fear of the unknown or just love life. I say try it!

But to entertain your questions. Easily
    Put the fire out or say fawk it and get the hell out.
    Go to basement/or enclosed room with no windows. Let's be honest if a tornado is coming you usually have time to grab clothes by the time you hear the alarm. If you can see a tornado coming it's probably too late anyways...
    Pretty sure I can still hold/shoot my gun naked. That theory shall never be tested tho. Don't want to get poison ivy or oak somewhere while Im in the woods cuz God knows my luck I would lol!
  • Tankiscool
    Tankiscool Posts: 11,105 Member
    Options
    Sleeping naked.
    I just can't do it.
    I'm a little jealous.

I am one of those people and our situations are just different. I don’t live anywhere, where there are tornadoes, thankfully. I have a robe and an emergency bag if their was a fire and my area is pretty low crime, but they’d have to break in through two dead bolted doors while an alarm was going off to get in so I’m fairly confident no one is breaking in and by then I’d be dressed and have already called 911.

I say try it, you’d sleep so much better.

I'm sorry madam although I agree with you, you don't sleep naked. SOCKS man! 😜
  • robbell678
    robbell678 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Turning 55 in April and didn't have kids,... :(
    :(:(:(
    Enjoy them if you have,..life seems kinda meaningless,...I'm ok...still,...
  • Reckoner67
    Reckoner67 Posts: 3,344 Member
    Options
    Curiosity got the better of me
  • Competeballpythons
    Competeballpythons Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Sex
    Duh
  • MrSunshinez
    MrSunshinez Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    Yesterday's events made me feel like I was slipping into a path I wasn't meant to be on. I could feel this weird future ahead of me. I'm trying to shake off that feeling this morning. So trying to get back on course...did I tell you you're wonderful?
  • SirMxyzptlk
    SirMxyzptlk Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    Clearwater before heading home, I think.