February 2019 Self-care Challenge

Options

Replies

• thisPGHlife
    thisPGHlife Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I made myself say yes. I went to the advanced class and stayed even though I didn't really know anyone and I was the only female. I did fall breaks even though I was scared. I'm really glad I did because I struggled but I finally wrapped my head around the technique of falling. I pushed myself and was paid off with learning and I got to do rooming which I feel really good at and it's fun. My favorite part was that I think the guys were afraid of hurting me. I go to these classes knowing full well I'm going to come home with at least one bruise. It ended up being fun and I got into a conversation about movies afterwards with a couple of the guys. I need to just keep going. Every class I go to regularly, I end up finding that everyone is helpful and supportive. This class seems no different.
  • 57discovery
    57discovery Posts: 3,109 Member
    Options
    Had coffe witha very nurturing friend
    This weekend I will govisit a newborn baby holding a baby is amazing
    Willalso get my nails done. Looking forward to it all
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,972 Member
    Options
    RubyRed427 wrote: »
    Self care weekend begins:
    First a visit to my therapist for a mental tune up
    Then, shopping and lunch
    Finally check into a hotel with friends and sister and scrapbook all weekend
    Lots of laugther and fun

Sounds delightful!! Enjoy❣️
  • jmgr9993
    jmgr9993 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Super busy stressful week. Took time out to meditate, read a good book, spend time with my family, and made sure to stay on track eating the right kinds of food. Now I am relaxing in my warm cozy bed. I hope everyone has a fantastic weekend !!!
  • PKM0515
    PKM0515 Posts: 2,937 Member
    Options
    Self care weekend begins:
    First a visit to my therapist for a mental tune up
    Then, shopping and lunch
    Finally check into a hotel with friends and sister and scrapbook all weekend
    Lots of laugther and fun

This sounds like a great weekend! Have fun! 💖
  • PKM0515
    PKM0515 Posts: 2,937 Member
    Options
    skram01 wrote: »
    Yesterday I made myself say yes. I went to the advanced class and stayed even though I didn't really know anyone and I was the only female. I did fall breaks even though I was scared. I'm really glad I did because I struggled but I finally wrapped my head around the technique of falling. I pushed myself and was paid off with learning and I got to do rooming which I feel really good at and it's fun. My favorite part was that I think the guys were afraid of hurting me. I go to these classes knowing full well I'm going to come home with at least one bruise. It ended up being fun and I got into a conversation about movies afterwards with a couple of the guys. I need to just keep going. Every class I go to regularly, I end up finding that everyone is helpful and supportive. This class seems no different.

This is awesome! 🌟
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    jmgr9993 wrote: »
    Super busy stressful week. Took time out to meditate, read a good book, spend time with my family, and made sure to stay on track eating the right kinds of food. Now I am relaxing in my warm cozy bed. I hope everyone has a fantastic weekend !!!

@jmgr9993 Great self-care! I’m writing you from my warm, cozy bed, too!
  • jmgr9993
    jmgr9993 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    jmgr9993 wrote: »

@jmgr9993 Great self-care! I’m writing you from my warm, cozy bed, too!

Awesome!!! Nothing better than a warm cozy bed
  • HatherM
    HatherM Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Went for a lovely walk up a mountain yesterday with my hubby & friend, then we went out to lunch. Had some lovely food and company, was a wonderful day :)
  • 57discovery
    57discovery Posts: 3,109 Member
    Options
    Went to visit my friends little,baby....nothing like holding a baby. Joy and peace and all else goes away...at least for thosemoments
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    Worked with a student, sharing my love & knowledge of portrait sketching & watercolor.

Learned that I need to do MUCH more of this teach/coaching❣️

Paying attention & creating (baby step by baby step) the life I always dreamed of.
  • MaelynMayhem
    MaelynMayhem Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    I'm hooking again. I had forgotten how relaxing it could be to create something. So, on my hook is a heart scarf that I'm making for me. And before anyone panics, hooking is another term for crocheting.
    I cuddle with my precious Alex the Mighty. My doctor found a hair from his fur in one of my ears today! LOL
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,162 Member
    Options
    My sister bought me a diamond painting kit (like paint by number but with tiny dots. It's a Japanese art kit; very meditative. It requires no art talent. )
    https://www.diamondartclub.com/blogs/diamond-painting/what-is-diamond-art-painting
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    My sister bought me a diamond painting kit (like paint by number but with tiny dots. It's a Japanese art kit; very meditative. It requires no art talent. )
    https://www.diamondartclub.com/blogs/diamond-painting/what-is-diamond-art-painting

That looks so zen. B)
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    I'm hooking again. I had forgotten how relaxing it could be to create something. So, on my hook is a heart scarf that I'm making for me. And before anyone panics, hooking is another term for crocheting.
    I cuddle with my precious Alex the Mighty. My doctor found a hair from his fur in one of my ears today! LOL

LOL ;)
  • HatherM
    Options

I loved this, it made me smile, thank you.
    I used to do crocheting, & I've never heard it called that :D
  • HatherM
    Options

Wow this looks amazing, I hope you enjoy :) I've never heard of this before.
  • HatherM
    Options
    Worked with a student, sharing my love & knowledge of portrait sketching & watercolor.

Paying attention & creating (baby step by baby step) the life I always dreamed of.

How lovely to have this realisation, I hope it works out well for you :)
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    HatherM wrote: »

How lovely to have this realisation, I hope it works out well for you :)

@HatherM
    Thank you so much!
  • nelja
    nelja Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Finally colored my grey hair. Set up a walking goal for 1km every day for the rest of the year. Doing very well with that.