Bombshell Betty's (closed group)

Options

Replies

• djenna8girl
    djenna8girl Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Week 1 Challenge: nutrition.

Step 1. Pick up a copy of the Low GI Diet Shoppers Guide. COMPLETE!

Now on to

Step 2. Learn how to replace those 'bad' carbs I love so much with a lower GI alternative. STARTED...
  • HeatherMarie1174
    Options
    Week 1

Fitness - the rows will be done tonight - do we do them everyday?? That is in one of the P90x videos, but I'm not sure which one. Hmmm ...

Nutrition - I read all my labels due to making sure they are veggie and I have cut out high fructose corn syrup as well. I need to make better choices and not as much processed food.

Mind and Body - that bubble bath sounds heavenly. Might have to do that every day too! LOL
  • Amber393
    Amber393 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Still no word from my buddy. :cry:

For the challenges I'm definitely in for all and can't wait to get started!

Fitness - This will be done in the four hours I've got off during my split in the afternoon plus a walk thrown in somewhere. Hey! It's better then taking a nap.

Nutrition - Oh definitely need to start looking at this closer. Grocery shopping will be Saturday since that's my off day from work.

Mind and Body - Can do! Will let you know when done.

Check in has also been completed. Though I admit I started to get:mad: when I was measuring but in time it'll get down both the pounds and inches.

Amber
  • nomerebutterfly
    nomerebutterfly Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Amber - I'm sorry your buddy hasn't contacted you! That's not good. :( Add me as a friend. I would love to provide encouragement as a fellow BB!

Just checking in. Still motivated on day 2! I feel just perfectly sore from my workout yesterday.

Fitness - I'll be adding this move to my regime no problem.

Nutrition - I've never had a problem with reading food labels. I read everything. I'm a nerd. :P However, I used to be very good about living in denial. I'll fix that by logging faithfully.

Mind and Body - My tub isn't exactly conducive to a bubble bath, so instead I'm going to meditate before I go to bed every night. I'll picture I'm in a bubble bath. :P Teehee!
  • Amber393
    Options
    Amber - I'm sorry your buddy hasn't contacted you! That's not good. :( Add me as a friend. I would love to provide encouragement as a fellow BB!

Aw! Thank you I'll clicky and send a friend request just in a quick minute here.
  • mistyb47711
    mistyb47711 Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    Alrighty! I did the exercise challenge- do we do this every day? Also- does watching True Blood count as 'me' time? lol. I'll weigh in tomorrow morning!

Thanks for hooking me up with KRKMFP- she seems great!

If you can do it everyday that is awesome, but Just include it in the days that you exercise :)....If it was time just for you you can count it :)
  • mistyb47711
    Options
    Might I propose a slimmer banner? Feel free to shoot this down, Misty.

BBsmall.jpg

Honey, you can have what banner you want :)
  • mistyb47711
    Options
    Hello everyone,

Really excited about this - its going to be great. And cheers Misty for all the hard work you have put into this - it is very much appreciated.

I have to say I do like the more compact banner, it makes reading everyones replies a lot easier too.

Can I have some clarification for this weeks tasks please.
    Are we meant to do the exercise task once / a couple of times / everyday?
    What do you mean by learn to read food labels? Should we just glance at everything we buy, or are we meant to read up on the internet? Maybe its just because I'm from a scientific background, and not meaning to criticize at all, but its not a very clear task with an obvious "tick".

Is anyone else from the UK too?

The goal is to learn what you are eating and stay in green numbers :) So when you go shopping make better choices. For example, pick up what you usually buy and look at the label then find something that is healthier. That is if you haven't done this already. I started out with this because it was an easier start for some. Some have not been on MFP that long :)
  • mistyb47711
    Options
    Week 1

Fitness - the rows will be done tonight - do we do them everyday?? That is in one of the P90x videos, but I'm not sure which one. Hmmm ...

Nutrition - I read all my labels due to making sure they are veggie and I have cut out high fructose corn syrup as well. I need to make better choices and not as much processed food.

Mind and Body - that bubble bath sounds heavenly. Might have to do that every day too! LOL

If you can do the rows everyday that would be awesome, but just put it in with your normal exercise routine.
  • mistyb47711
    Options
    Still no word from my buddy. :cry:

For the challenges I'm definitely in for all and can't wait to get started!

Fitness - This will be done in the four hours I've got off during my split in the afternoon plus a walk thrown in somewhere. Hey! It's better then taking a nap.

Nutrition - Oh definitely need to start looking at this closer. Grocery shopping will be Saturday since that's my off day from work.

Mind and Body - Can do! Will let you know when done.

Check in has also been completed. Though I admit I started to get:mad: when I was measuring but in time it'll get down both the pounds and inches.

Amber

Amber I will see if your buddy has done the check in and if not I will message her to see if she is still going to be with us...for now...I will bee your buddy. Just send me an email and introduce yourself :)
  • mistyb47711
    Options

Just checking in. Still motivated on day 2! I feel just perfectly sore from my workout yesterday.

Fitness - I'll be adding this move to my regime no problem.

Nutrition - I've never had a problem with reading food labels. I read everything. I'm a nerd. :P However, I used to be very good about living in denial. I'll fix that by logging faithfully.

Mind and Body - My tub isn't exactly conducive to a bubble bath, so instead I'm going to meditate before I go to bed every night. I'll picture I'm in a bubble bath. :P Teehee!

great job!! :)
  • nomerebutterfly
    Options
    Might I propose a slimmer banner? Feel free to shoot this down, Misty.

BBsmall.jpg

Honey, you can have what banner you want :)

Awesome! Thanks, Misty!
  • Amber393
    Options
    Aw thanks Misty! :flowerforyou:

I'll shoot you one in just a minute or two!
  • mistyb47711
    Options
    Just posting so it is easier to find for the one's that was not on yesterday.. I posted it a day early..lol
    Ya'll ready for the First week's challenge???? Im posting it a day early because I just cant contain myself anymore...Here you go::

Exercise Challenge: Work this in with your normal routine if you have one...If not, here is a good start
    week1.jpg

Week 1 Nutrition challenge

Shop smarter.
    Learn to read food labels so that you can choose healthier foods, which
    in general means foods that are low in calories, fat, and added sugars, and high in fiber. Be sure to watch
    your Sodium....these may be easy to some of you but this is the first step to eating healthier things :) For example: pick up what you usually buy read the label and look for a more healthier choice :)

Week 1 Mind/body/spirit challenge:I think we all deserve to do this EVERYDAY :)

Pamper Your Mind, Body and Spirit -
    Remove yourself from the chaos and give yourself some quality alone time.
    Lock yourself in the bathroom and take that much needed soak in the tub. A bubble bath is your ticket to serenity.
    Enjoying a rejuvenating soak is just one of several ways you can pamper yourself.
    Try taking a solitary walk in the park, or curling up on the sofa and reading an entertaining novel.
  • nomerebutterfly
    Options
    And for any Bombshells who would like the image code it's:

BBsmall.jpg

***Just turn the capital IMG and /IMG to lowercase img & /img!!!***
  • mistyb47711
    Options
    And for any Bombshells who would like the image code it's:

BBsmall.jpg

***Just turn the capital IMG and /IMG to lowercase img & /img!!!***

Thanks!!! Im gonna use it. Thank you for working on it I was going to try to resize it today you saved me some time :) Thanks sister!
  • mistyb47711
    Options
    We have had 18 of 65 do their first check in so far....If at the end of the day today you have not heard from your BB Buddy let me know and I will message them or we will just move on with the plan without.....Im hoping it is just the different timezones and work schedules.
  • nomerebutterfly
    Options
    Not a problem at all. :)
  • TeamLeela
    TeamLeela Posts: 3,302
    Options
    Week 1 Nutrition challenge
    I always read the labels. Sodium is really important to me as I have been off my bp meds for almost 6 months and I don't want to get back on them. Also, carbs are extremely important to me too when determining if I am going to buy something or not.

Week 1 Mind/body/spirit challenge:I think we all deserve to do this EVERYDAY :)

I just got back from a 20 minute walk. It was completely random, no music, no hrm, no sports bra...lol Just me and nature. After I took my daughter for a walk, I decided to complete the last challenge. I really need to clear my mind. Its not 100 per cent clear, but its not as cloudy as before the walk. I would have walked longer, but the storm is coming and I didn't want to be too far away from home and get caught in the rain.

I will do the workout challenge later today! :)
  • ebelliss
    ebelliss Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    just checked in for the week!

Fitness: I'm about to go whip out the dumbbells as we speak!

Nutrition: Since joining MFP I have been a lot better at reading labels, mostly because I like to watch my sodium and carb/sugar intake. Whoever is grocery shopping with me gets annoyed because I could literally spend hours in the store!! but hey, you gotta do what you gotta do!!

Mind/Body/Spirit: Well, I am currently on vacation right now so I have not had any trouble taking time for myself :) I am lucky enough to be able to go to the beach everyday and bask in the sun reading a good book, so I will count that for this week!