Sleeve results long term

Options
2»

Replies

• cbo2cute4u
    cbo2cute4u Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Yes I weigh everything. I have a list of very specific foods and portions. I eat 3 meals a day at 2oz lean protein plus 2 cups of fast burn veggies and small good fats like 6 almonds or 10 olives. I then have 3 snacks at 1 oz lean protein 1 cup veg and smaller portion of fats. It has to be balanced each meal. We meal prep and also buy approved meals for dinner that are part of the program. The weight is coming off, the 80% feeling of being full is always and a gallon of water a day. The concept is to feed the body you need to be at not that you are. I’m sticking with it.
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    WLS is only a tool, but it still will come down to creating a calorie deficit to lose the weight. I have seen plenty of people who has WLS only to lose and gain it back because they go back to their old way of eating. You say you are losing weight then what would you need surgery for? Also you should be eating to "satisfied" and to not to be "full", however most don't know the difference between the two which explains our overweight/obesity crisis.
  • debrakgoogins
    debrakgoogins Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    I have seen successes and I have seen major failures. It comes down to what will work for you but understand that it is a lifetime committment. My ex husband and his wife both had bariatric surgery. She does not adhere to the diet required to maintain the weight loss and is larger than she was when she started. My ex husband nearly died because of complications. That isn't an exaggerating. I had to bring my boys to the hospital to say their good byes because he was that close to death. He recovered but it took a year until he could function without being sick.
  • anl90
    anl90 Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    I personally had the sleeve done this past December, and have not had any complications. I started out doing it for weight loss, but I think now it was more for being pre diabetic. Do what you think is best, I think either way you will succeed. :)
  • rswick89
    rswick89 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I had the sleeve....240 at 5'5". That was last July. I'm 179 today, and definitely couldn't have done it without the sleeve. I was Gestational diabetic and after pregnancies the weight never came off, no matter what I did. The sleeve isn't magic, diet and exercise are requirements. It gave me an energy boost, for sure. Negative side effects, I have to vitamin D. My hair is just as thick and full and shiny as before surgery. I can still indulge on special events (weddings, holidays), meaning have the occasional slice of cake or junk without getting sick after. Hard parts--protein. 60-80 grams a day is VERY hard given youre eating 500-800 calories a day. I have to utilize protein shakes. I also only eat meat and veggies on a regular basis to keep the carbs down.

6 1/2 months out and I still lose anywhere between a half pound to a pound a week.