40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Replies

• BettyM1017
    BettyM1017 Posts: 616 Member
    Tuesday - P90X3 Agility X
    Wednesday - Yoga X (yes, @gam3rguy I'm actually doing it. He's not annoyingly touchy feely so I don't mind it, lol)

No long run for me today. It's raining and I'm working a double shift. I'm surprisingly just a short shift tomorrow, so I'll get the long run in tomorrow.
  • Nataliegetfit
    Nataliegetfit Posts: 395 Member
    sderski, so sorry for the loss of your sister. So thankful you all are ok after the accident. So scary. I am back logging since last Monday now, doing really well with it. I have been very unhappy with myself lately and need to get back to a healthy weight. I am mad about gaining back the weight, but just need to suck it up and eat healthy. I told my husband, no candy for valentines day for me. Thankfully I haven't been craving it, so for that I am grateful. Have a great day everyone.
  • Roadie2000
    Roadie2000 Posts: 1,801 Member
    kenyonhaff wrote: »
    Roadie2000 wrote: »
    I've been trying to do yoga once a week just because my old joints get pretty stiff, I need to work on my mobility and core strength to help with some back pain. I'm not very good at it, but I try. Well apparently my usual yoga class got a new instructor, and it was awful. I couldn't keep up, couldn't do half of the moves, and he couldn't figure out how to turn his ringer off, it was the worst yoga experience of my life. So I'm trying a different class tonight.

That's disappointing!

Always remember it's better to do something slow with good form, than to try to rush and do something not good for you. You can always substitute a pose, no matter what your instructor might direct the class in general. Yoga practice is an instructor guiding you, not commanding you...do what is right for YOU always.

I know, right? He did not offer a single variation like most instructors have, half the time I ended up just standing there feeling stupid and frustrated.
  • Roadie2000
    Roadie2000 Posts: 1,801 Member
    BettyM1017 wrote: »
    Roadie2000 wrote: »
    I've been trying to do yoga once a week just because my old joints get pretty stiff, I need to work on my mobility and core strength to help with some back pain. I'm not very good at it, but I try. Well apparently my usual yoga class got a new instructor, and it was awful. I couldn't keep up, couldn't do half of the moves, and he couldn't figure out how to turn his ringer off, it was the worst yoga experience of my life. So I'm trying a different class tonight.

Maybe it was just a substitute instructor and your regular one will be back? Personally, I shy away from yoga classes for religious reasons, but I do some yoga-type workouts that focus on the physical aspects of yoga and not the spiritual. Pilates is a good alternative and any kind of dynamic stretching or isometric classes are also good options. Good luck! Let us know what happens.

I might try Pilates again, the one time I tried it I thought it was a bit too challenging, but I might be up for it now. Unfortunately he looks to be the new instructor for our favorite class and he is scheduled for the next few weeks. Just disappointing because that day and time was the most convenient for us. The one we tried last night was much better, although not quite as convenient.
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Good morning all.
    No workout for me yesterday. We had my husband's birthday dinner last night. Because it was a full work day for me, I just ordered pizzas for everyone, but did bake him a cake. Because I am G/F - there was no pizza or cake for me...I stuck to salad, black beans and rice cakes. lol. It was much better than it sounds.

More snow. Gah! As much as I enjoy the snow, enough already!!! We have snowbanks that are 8' high! In parking lots where they have to plow and pile there are some giant hills. If I was a kid, I'd be dragging my toboggan up those hills for a fun ride down.
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Rest=Done!
  • sdereski
    Got a great snowshoe in again last night. We got more snow again - so we were breaking trail - again.

Another 10-20cm (3 - 6") of snow expected today. Sigh.
  • gam3rguy
    Alpha 12! 55/38#...I had to use my kettle bell bag for the static holds. I have skinny wrists and baby hands. Wasted too much time and energy failing with the 55#er trying to find the balance before sending ego outside and dropping the weight.
    Got 200 even total reps on snatches. Shoulders are SCREAMING now!
  • sdereski
    gam3rguy wrote: »
    Alpha 12! 55/38#...I had to use my kettle bell bag for the static holds. I have skinny wrists and baby hands. Wasted too much time and energy failing with the 55#er trying to find the balance before sending ego outside and dropping the weight.

BEAST!
  • gam3rguy
    sdereski wrote: »
    gam3rguy wrote: »

BEAST!

Yesterday’s routine was actually “Alpha 18”! That’s how tired I was. LOL!
  • gam3rguy
    Brute Force Operator Series Alpha 19! 55#. Stupid Fitbit paused itself for almost 10 minutes! Wasn’t gonna go back and reset it and start over. Good thing I needed the stopwatch today.
  • gam3rguy
    22 minute hard corps cold start.
    Brute Force Operator Series Alpha 20. 55#. Not quite EMOM...but close. Toast now.
  • gam3rguy
    "Insanity: The Asylum Vol 1 Relief"=Done!
  • gam3rguy
    Brute Force Operator Series Alpha 21! 55# Done! Everything is burnt!
    13 each round 1.
    12 for round 2.
    I paused the Fitbit for the break, forgot to unpause until 5 reps in on the clean/press. D’OH!
  • BettyM1017
    BettyM1017 Posts: 616 Member
    P90X3 Transition Week. Isometrix today. I really like this workout. I have 4 runs planned for this week. We'll see how that works out for me, lol!
  • gam3rguy
    "Body Beast Build: Chest/Tris"=Done! because I wasn't wrecked enough already!
  • sdereski
    X-country skied and snowshoed all weekend. Not all my exercise is showing up on my feed, but I did do something everyday. :)
    It was a beautiful, warm, sunny weekend.
  • gam3rguy
    Brute Force Operator Series Alpha 21!!! 55#.
    13 & 12. So, 12 1/2 rounds.
  • Clarkkent___
    Clarkkent___ Posts: 36 Member
    41 here.Back in the wagon after a terrible year and gaining 28 lbs...this years mission get rid once and for all 😊
  • time4thebell
    time4thebell Posts: 48 Member
    Hi everyone! I’m wanting to lose abt 15 lbs, tone up, & build muscle. I’m in my 40’s & would love to join the group! Also, feel free to add me! Looking for motivational friends! ✌️