Check out the cake I made my Dad!!

Options
2»

Replies

• jenbar
    jenbar Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much! I just make special cakes for my sons birthdays, but of course, they asked me to one for my dad, and it's always funny, b/c when they know it's cake time, they all get excited to see what I came up with. (one of my sisters actually peeked at it in my car 'cause she couldn't resist!):laugh: :laugh:
    I would take about an hour or so at night, and make a decoration, and if I had a spare moment, I do one, then of course I only had 1 pan that would make that shape, so I had to wait for one to cook, cool, take it out, before I could start the other one! so overall, it took me around (including all the waiting time!) 7 hours?
    Of course, not my moms 80th is in June, gotta start thinking now, what to do for hers!
  • TudorRose
    TudorRose Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Wow, that's amazing!
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Wow, that is amazing!!! What a great job you did and very sweet too! :bigsmile: Happy birthday to your Dad! :drinker:
  • get_fit2009
    get_fit2009 Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    My Dad is turning 80 in May and I can tell you if I make a cake it is NOT going to turn out like that. :noway: Usually it comes out tasting really good and looking really bad (which is ok, I guess!) :laugh:
  • CassieNic
    Options
    wow thats great!
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    Awesome!

:flowerforyou:
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    OMG i had no idea it took seven hours. then you must charge more(when you start your business)!! I imagined maybe a couple hours, but I had no idea!!!!!! Amazing! even more impressed than I already was!!:drinker:
  • jenbar
    jenbar Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    Lucky, that's just b/c I only had one pan to work with:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: , so that was baking time included! (which was 45 min., each time) plus cooling, crumb coating, cooling again, then icing, etc!
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    That's awesome - great job. I am sure he loved it
  • samtarlyonadiet
    samtarlyonadiet Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    I don't think she loves her dad that much tbh