How's your day?

Options

Replies

• ExistingFish
    ExistingFish Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    Not too great. I got a root canal last Thursday, I've lost the temp crown Sunday, glued it back on myself with CVS glue Sunday night, Monday night (twice) and then Tuesday I got back into the dentist for them to use THEIR glue...which it's been less than 24 hours and it's very loose again. I don't feel comfortable eating, so I'm mostly consuming liquid/soft foods. The temporary crown, when glued on, keeps the cold off the tooth, which apparently is still sensitive to cold. They said I could leave it off, and I may just only eat warm things if/when it falls off again.

I'm down to a weight I haven't seen since high school. It's the bottom of my maintenance range, so not extreme, and I went down a notch on my belt, but dang I just want to chew something.

My kids are tap dancing on my last nerve. My husband is off today, but he has jury duty.

Oh my you don't sound Ike your having a good time of it at the moment! I hope you get your tooth sorted out asap and you can start enjoying food again 🤨
    My kids are doing same to me
    .. happy days!

Still a week and a day until my permanent crown appointment.

DH got out of jury duty early though, he was not selected. And he brought me chocolate.
  • Slh7712
    Slh7712 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Not too great. I got a root canal last Thursday, I've lost the temp crown Sunday, glued it back on myself with CVS glue Sunday night, Monday night (twice) and then Tuesday I got back into the dentist for them to use THEIR glue...which it's been less than 24 hours and it's very loose again. I don't feel comfortable eating, so I'm mostly consuming liquid/soft foods. The temporary crown, when glued on, keeps the cold off the tooth, which apparently is still sensitive to cold. They said I could leave it off, and I may just only eat warm things if/when it falls off again.

I'm down to a weight I haven't seen since high school. It's the bottom of my maintenance range, so not extreme, and I went down a notch on my belt, but dang I just want to chew something.

My kids are tap dancing on my last nerve. My husband is off today, but he has jury duty.

Oh my you don't sound Ike your having a good time of it at the moment! I hope you get your tooth sorted out asap and you can start enjoying food again 🤨
    .. happy days!

DH got out of jury duty early though, he was not selected. And he brought me chocolate.

Good man! Way to a woman's heart 😍
  • Slh7712
    Options
    suziecue25 wrote: »
    Hope the weather is better in Yorkshire tomorrow. It's not too bad in South Wales atm......funny thing us Brits talk about the weather far more than people in other countries, even though their weather is sometimes far more extreme than ours lol

Haha this sooo true....it's only raining but still we go on about it lol
  • ExistingFish
    Options

.. happy days!

Good man! Way to a woman's heart 😍

Yes. And my temporary crown fell off finally, so I called the dentist and they said I could leave it off.

Yay! I can chew! (On one side)...but now it's sensitive. Orajel and ibuprofen for me.
  • lalalacroix
    lalalacroix Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    Eh. I worked outside for the last 2 days in very frigid temps. I was up until 2 am last night working. And then ended up waking way too early. Now I'm going on a long hike and literally have no energy.

Ok I'm done whining. Dental problems are much worse!
  • Smacfit_
    Smacfit_ Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    How is everyone today?

Pretty good, got in a lower body workout! Food was alright, went over my cals by about 150 but.....I was genuinely hungry so not stressing :)
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Options
    I caught a cold. ): Stayed home from work today. Got a little sleep and feel a little more human after a hot shower. At least my appetite is still good so I don't have to worry about getting food down for nutrition.
  • ExistingFish
    Options
    Actually my day has gotten a lot better since that @#$@# temporary crown fell off. I can actually eat again, the loose crown was wriggling so much. Still, can't wait to get the real one.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,988 Member
    Options
    It’s going ok. It’s a home office admin day so that means workout clothes and exercises throughout the day

I work from home every day :)

I stay in my pjs until lunch, at which point I change into exercise clothes and do something.

Another bonus to working from home is if the coworkers at the office are being morons I can scream out loud or go play with the cat.

(However, there are also many downsides to being an Independent Contractor.)
  • Phirrgus
    Phirrgus Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    How is everyone today?

Content, thanks for asking! Surprisingly simple and thoughtful thread.

How are you?
  • witchaywoman81
    witchaywoman81 Posts: 280 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Love this thread. Thank you, OP. Having a good day diet and exercise wise, but personally it’s been really rough, for reasons I won’t bore you with. But I will say that this thread made me smile. ❤️
  • Phirrgus
    Phirrgus Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    Love this thread. Thank you, OP. Having a good day diet and exercise wise, but personally it’s been really rough, for reasons I won’t bore you with. But I will say that this thread made me smile. ❤️

I hope the 'rough' passes soon for you.
  • sdewey415
    sdewey415 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Good now that I am home from work. It has been a long 15.5 hours and I still have an hour of awakefulness left and about 400 calories to eat. I am at the point in my day where I almost dont care that I am under by so much. This happens on my work days.

To add to the weather bit, we here in the Ohio Valley(southern indiana) are experiencing pretend spring and it is 54 degrees and raining. I am sure it will be cold again in a week. My sinuses are on rampage.

Hope everyone ends the night on a positive! Sleep well!
  • emilysusana
    emilysusana Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Feeling like crap (some kind of virus with fever, day 2), but better than yesterday. And the positive side is I hit my 15 lbs mark today! Hoping to get back to exercise soon... I had just started a 1/2 marathon training last week🙁
  • Slh7712
    Options
    Phirrgus wrote: »
    How is everyone today?

Content, thanks for asking! Surprisingly simple and thoughtful thread.

How are you?

I am very well thank you... sometimes it's nice just to asked "how are you?" It can make all the difference! 😊
  • Slh7712
    Options

Ah I'm so happy this thread made you smile .. sometimes it's just nice to have someone ask "how are you" .... We are all human and all have our good and bad days with everything....food, exercise, family, relationships and jobs but it's nice to know we can have a good idea moan about it if we need to....have a great day 😍
  • vanityy99
    vanityy99 Posts: 2,583 Member
    Options
    Craving sweet potatoes
  • Slh7712
    Options
    vanityy99 wrote: »
    Craving sweet potatoes

I wish I craved sweet potato and not chocolate! 😍
  • suziecue25
    suziecue25 Posts: 289 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Good Morning [well it is here lol] everyone, especially @slayteharris7712 . I'm off to do the weekly grocery shop today.....one thing I've learnt.....NEVER go food shopping when hungry and stick to the list ;)

Edit: OK 2 things I've learnt B)
  • Slh7712
    Options
    suziecue25 wrote: »
    Good Morning [well it is here lol] everyone, especially @slayteharris7712 . I'm off to do the weekly grocery shop today.....one thing I've learnt.....NEVER go food shopping when hungry and stick to the list ;)

Edit: OK 2 things I've learnt B)

Good morning@suziecue25 .....I am terrible if I don't take a list it all goes down hill. It's school holidays here so we are going to the cinema...wish me luck!!