1 day Water Challenge

Options
13»

Replies

• muthrb
    muthrb Posts: 16
    Options
    It's 10:15 am and I'm halfway there 64/123 oz. easy to do..
  • jazzy020106
    jazzy020106 Posts: 485 Member
    Options

Wow! That is pretty scary! It doesn't tell you how much is too much though..

Not sure what the link says, but trust we are no where near water intoxification...which is like 500 oz!!!

Oh good! lol.. Well then, I am definitely going to do this starting today! I know that especially in the beginning of a "diet" you can lose ALOT in 2 weeks from drinking lots of water. I lost 10 lbs once in a week just by drinking nothing but water. Its AMAZING. ( I did eat lol, just within my 1200 cals a day)

Awesome results. But question, did it stay off for long???

im sure it was all water but i did lose about 30 lbs..by dieting and exercising.. I ended up gaining all my weight back because of PCOS and severe depression (I was in an abusive relationship) but i know if none of that was a factor i could have kept it off!

Wow. Well, u appear to be a strong willed determined individual...although cliche, remember what doesn't kill u makes u stronger! U rock!!!

Aw thanks so much! I am hoping to get my self esteem back up! lol. So I can FEEL like a strong willed individual! and I agree! Getting out of the situation and starting to do things for myself again was HARD. but I gained a little bit back and im ready to get it ALL back!! Sounds cheesy.. but its true! lol.. Never again will I let anything or anyone control me! Not any person and not my weight either! sucks to have no control over anything in your life! Sorry if I am rambling.. lol.. I tend to do that!
  • jazzy020106
    jazzy020106 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    I will do this too- but i think I'll use beer. Beer is about 91% water, so I'll make up the difference.

lol! I am sure you will find someone who will do this in beer with you in the alcohol post! haha
  • mynika
    mynika Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Thanks for explaining it a little further. This does make much more sense
  • yes_i_can
    yes_i_can Posts: 419
    Options
    i do this everyday... yaay me! (nah, not showing off.. i love water!)

Good luck on your challenge today guys! Stay near the bathroom...

OMG! I swear I HATE the bathroom now haha. Yesterday I was in it every Half hour! My mom says that eventually I wont go as much because my body will get use to it. I sure hope this is true!

Yes, its true! And, also..go when u dont ahve to go, as in how we train kids! It'll take the pressure off of your bladder and save u from "running"

GREAT! lol.. About how long until your body adjusts? if you know..

Not sure...we are all different. And, it may not be that your body is adjusting, but it could be you adjusting to the water! Makes sense, either way, you'll get use to it, and it'll go less noticed!

I try to do this daily - I have a 16oz cup that I refill at least 6 times a day, so I'm a bit over half. My body got used to it in about 2 weeks, so it's not bad.

And, as for the scary "water intoxification" thing, I did actually experience it once, and it takes a lot of water in a very short timeframe to do it. My feet were swollen because of water retention on a really humid day, so to try to flush it, I started drinking lots of water... I probably drank about 150oz in the span of a hour or hour and a half and it honestly felt like I was drunk, and I honestly felt like I had a hangover the next day. But, drinking that same 150oz in the coarse of a day is NOT going to hurt you!
  • reggaegirl02
    reggaegirl02 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I do this daily!! You can do it!! I have a 64 Oz bottle that I keep at my desk. It's much easier to drink when you have it readily available. Two of those during the day is usually pretty easy to get rid of....As for the bathroom visits, they give me a break from what I'm working on. lol :)
  • msnewbootie
    msnewbootie Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I'm in!

GReat
  • msnewbootie
    Options
    I do this daily!! You can do it!! I have a 64 Oz bottle that I keep at my desk. It's much easier to drink when you have it readily available. Two of those during the day is usually pretty easy to get rid of....As for the bathroom visits, they give me a break from what I'm working on. lol :)

Make sense to escape a little work here and there
  • msnewbootie
    Options
    I will do this too- but i think I'll use beer. Beer is about 91% water, so I'll make up the difference.

No way Jose!!! That's cheating and u'll b wasted!!!
  • msnewbootie
    Options
    i do this everyday... yaay me! (nah, not showing off.. i love water!)

Good luck on your challenge today guys! Stay near the bathroom...

OMG! I swear I HATE the bathroom now haha. Yesterday I was in it every Half hour! My mom says that eventually I wont go as much because my body will get use to it. I sure hope this is true!

Yes, its true! And, also..go when u dont ahve to go, as in how we train kids! It'll take the pressure off of your bladder and save u from "running"

GREAT! lol.. About how long until your body adjusts? if you know..

Not sure...we are all different. And, it may not be that your body is adjusting, but it could be you adjusting to the water! Makes sense, either way, you'll get use to it, and it'll go less noticed!

I try to do this daily - I have a 16oz cup that I refill at least 6 times a day, so I'm a bit over half. My body got used to it in about 2 weeks, so it's not bad.

And, as for the scary "water intoxification" thing, I did actually experience it once, and it takes a lot of water in a very short timeframe to do it. My feet were swollen because of water retention on a really humid day, so to try to flush it, I started drinking lots of water... I probably drank about 150oz in the span of a hour or hour and a half and it honestly felt like I was drunk, and I honestly felt like I had a hangover the next day. But, drinking that same 150oz in the coarse of a day is NOT going to hurt you!

Thanks for joining and for sharing ur personal experience. I am sure it'll make some feel comfy with going forward. Good job
  • msnewbootie
    Options
    It's 10:15 am and I'm halfway there 64/123 oz. easy to do..

GReat job! I am only at 33, but I am about to down another 25 with lunch!
  • Leesey2london
    Options
    I'm in!
  • SeaChele77
    SeaChele77 Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    More info:

It's Not How Much You Drink, It's How Fast You Drink It!

The kidneys of a healthy adult can process fifteen liters of water a day! You are unlikely to suffer from water intoxication, even if you drink a lot of water, as long as you drink over time as opposed to intaking an enormous volume at one time. As a general guideline, most adults need about three quarts of fluid each day. Much of that water comes from food, so 8-12 eight ounce glasses a day is a common recommended intake. You may need more water if the weather is very warm or very dry, if you are exercising, or if you are taking certain medications. The bottom line is this: it's possible to drink too much water, but unless you are running a marathon or an infant, water intoxication is a very uncommon condition.

64-100oz is NORMAL for ideal weight, non-exercise, or less hot/humid climates. So if you've been exercising, are overweight, live where its hot and/or humid then 100-115oz is not going to hurt you.
  • TerraGirl17
    TerraGirl17 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Done my 80 oz's!! Yay and it's only 3pm here
  • msnewbootie
    Options
    Done my 80 oz's!! Yay and it's only 3pm here

Goood Timing. U rock!!!!
  • yes_i_can
    yes_i_can Posts: 419
    Options
    Finished 104oz today! 18.9% more than needed, accoring to the whole half-your-weight policy!
  • msnewbootie
    Options
    DONE! Drank 108 oz....a little more than needed...but going over is a plus!!!! How r u working towards your individual goal?
    :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • futurekilousky
    Options
    Finished!! 140 oz down
  • Txifonly
    Txifonly Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I did it!!! Plus some!!! Now to see how many times I get up during the night lol
  • msnewbootie
    Options
    GReat Job to Everyone that attempted the challenge, and an even GREATER AWESOME SPLENDID job to those that successfully completed the challenge! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: