What's YOUR weakness when it comes to the opposite gender?

Replies

• slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    EliC91932 wrote: »
    An intellectual educated woman who can hold a deep conversation. You just don't find that often. 👌🏼

87enz962fk6m.gif
    😁
  • jasonpoihegatama
    jasonpoihegatama Posts: 496 Member
    eyes and smile and loyal
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    edited February 2019
    curious, huh!!
  • Vikka_V
    caco_ethes wrote: »
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    Gives backhanded compliments
    <3<3

Also known as negging. Some people are pros at it

I had never heard of this before. Made me google.

So weird to be mean to someone you like. I can’t imagine how it could work but if it does, it seems manipulative- which also isn’t nice to do to someone you like.

Gosh, I feel like an overly sensitive dummy not fit for the modern world.

It is supposed to be manipulative. Typically when you negg, someone with low self esteem will feel the need to get your approval.

Lol, to me its flirtatious!
    To me its like a 'teasing'
    (him...'meh, you're ok'... (my interpretation "you're awesome, but I don't wan't to say it 'cause....(many blanks to possibly fill in, all good))"

But I sometimes (or often) don't 'read' stuff quite right, it seems (compared to other people) and my self esteem is decent
    ...even when I hate myself.

Wonder...Is that that good or not? That Im so self involved that only my opinion of self really matters to me?
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    <3<3

So weird to be mean to someone you like. I can’t imagine how it could work but if it does, it seems manipulative- which also isn’t nice to do to someone you like.

It is supposed to be manipulative. Typically when you negg, someone with low self esteem will feel the need to get your approval.

You are BTG : better than google. 😁 Thanks.

And wow that is *kitten* up.

ETA: question: can it be done online? And what would that look like?

0AjPTVO.gif
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    <3<3

(him...'meh, you're ok'... (my interpretation "you're awesome, but I don't wan't to say it 'cause....(many blanks to possibly fill in, all good))"

But I sometimes (or often) don't 'read' stuff quite right, it seems (compared to other people) and my self esteem is decent

Wonder...Is that that good or not? That Im so self involved that only my opinion of self really matters to me?

I don’t read things right either but the other direction. I just assume everyone's stupid but me unless they tell me differently in very direct words. Even then I’m skeptical.

Fixed it so dis me :blush:
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    edited February 2019
    iMago wrote: »
    <3<3

0AjPTVO.gif

😂😂😂..
    Adding to this 😏

a-jedi-uses-the-force-for-knowledge-and-defense-never-for-attack.jpg
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    iMago wrote: »
    <3<3

0AjPTVO.gif

😂😂😂..
    Adding to this 😏

a-jedi-uses-the-force-for-knowledge-and-defense-never-for-attack.jpg

So, who’s the Jedi in this scenario?

123 not it
  • Mischieviousme777
    Mischieviousme777 Posts: 190 Member
    Eyes, smile, wit, sarcasm, and has to be able to give a tight hug.
  • DFTNicki
    DFTNicki Posts: 138 Member
    Well....let's just say that some of you make me very weak.... :P
  • _sw33tp3a_11
    _sw33tp3a_11 Posts: 4,692 Member
    A man who can love hard. Also, his skills in the kitchen 😏
  • Vikka_V
    <3<3

I don’t read things right either but the other direction. I just assume everyone hates me unless they tell me differently in very direct words. Even then I’m skeptical.

Hugs lady❤️
    Similar topic...
    Posted my life changing "words of wisdom" somewhere else yesterday given to me by a 14 year old girl which changed my perspective on stuff like that, I used to be the same.
    She said "it's not all about you" when I was hurt one day by a person's reaction/comment to me...I've since stretched that to every comment and behaviour anyone ever makes twords me...like who knows what's going on in their life/mind?

I'm confidant in my own good intentions, so I just go with that and when I have hurt feelings, I think of that.

Oh and also, what do you think of this....had an ex tell me "I don't hurt your feelings, you do"...like it was my interpretation, not his intention...that *kitten* my brain over a bit
    ...so it's all my fault? If I get hurt?
    Is it?
  • Vikka_V
    <3<3

I don’t read things right either but the other direction. I just assume everyone hates me unless they tell me differently in very direct words. Even then I’m skeptical.

Sometimes I can get this way as well. I think it’s because I’ve been hurt too many times by people I truly trusted, that now I find it hard to fully trust anyone.
    Same, been ditched by all my friends once, and some family

Backhanded comments are extremely sexy to me when done with the right intent behind the behaviour.
    Yessss! When you know the person and their humour!

• Vikka_V
    edited February 2019
    <3<3

100,000% (is that a thing?)!

And if you have any grammar/spelling/literary or just common sense question you want to get a great opinion on, @DeadliftsAndSprinkles is an excellent resource!
This discussion has been closed.