Replies

• amandah3493
    amandah3493 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Anyone can add me!! I do between 1200-1300
  • jlbtnc
    jlbtnc Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    I am on a 1250 plan, eating close to or lower than this. My food diary is public like my profile. You can add me if want and check my food diaries out.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. My goal is around 1200 but most days my diary says I am under. Not sure if that is good or bad

Um....bad.

1200 net calories is a default minimum (for women) to help you achieve nutritional goals. My Fitness Pal gives you a calorie goal based on your weekly weight loss goal. So even if you were tall (or active, or young) you could be assigned 1200 if your weekly goal was too aggressive. Most women can eat more than 1200 net and still lose weight.

A moderate deficit helps you lose a larger % of fat. Overly large deficits make you more at risk for lean muscle loss. Your body will use muscle as fuel; this can result in a "doughy" look even when you get to goal.
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    Again just a reminder that 1200 or 1300 is supposed to be a NET goal, so if you are exercising you should be eating back some of those calories too. Hopefully all those posting that this is their goal understand that!

I second this.^
  • kwatson7267
    kwatson7267 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi! After a very stressful few years I have decided to give myself a massive kick up the bum! I’ve entered all my info and it is also pointing me at 1200 cals. My problem is I’m too quick to grab a bag of crisps :neutral: I’m a single mum with a 5 year old so any tips on anything would be great! I find it hard to get motivated as well.
  • BeckVisser
    BeckVisser Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm also looking for comparison on others diets. I stick to 1100-1200 a day and feel quite satiated. Sometimes I spoke a bit higher just due to eating a more calorie dense dinner with my husband from time to time.
  • nikkibrianne64
    nikkibrianne64 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Hello! I like to keep my calorie intake at 1200. I added some of you for food ideas too! 😁 I need new ideas for meal prep as I'm getting tired of my zoodles and burrito bowls. I have a few meals saved too.
  • AliceWinston
    AliceWinston Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I'm 1200. Social eating out w friends, wine, and finding time to exercise are my challenge.
  • lemonwater1
    lemonwater1 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    My goal is 1200, but I do eat back most my exercise calories. I’m looking for more friends.
  • Howl_Of_Solace
    Howl_Of_Solace Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Meeee :)
  • Gritty_Gal
    Gritty_Gal Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I’m at 1300. And getting started on my food dairy again. Feel free to add me.
  • adotbaby
    adotbaby Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    So I'm still at 1200, but upped my exercise to 75 mins at least four times a week. Lost 1.4 pounds in two weeks. If my loss slows, I may go 1100.
  • kcm12883
    kcm12883 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I’m at the 1200 mark and open diary if you want to add me!! I’m doing lazy keto right now!
  • pattybristow
    pattybristow Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I'm on 1200 kcal and like some people here I sometimes also find it difficult to stay exactly on that amount of calories so it's good to see that I'm not the only one.
  • BlakeKellyD
    BlakeKellyD Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I am aiming for around that much per day. Sent you a request.☺️ If anyone else wants to be friends let’s join up!
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,598 Member
    Options
    I'm another one at 1250. I usually eat around there. Feel free to add me, my current friends seem to have disappeared. I have an open diary.
  • fryebootgirl
    fryebootgirl Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I'm just under 1200 daily. Looking for friends, support, meal ideas. Lost 70+ lbs four years ago and have gained 25 of it back :( Working on losing it!
  • mona1806
    mona1806 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Add me too! Aiming also for 1200 cal!