The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Options

Replies

• CharlieCharlie007
    CharlieCharlie007 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    You can all add me. Fighting back from the brink. I would love to have commrades to ride this thing with.
  • Amwa77
    Amwa77 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Amwa77 wrote: »
    How do we make add/friend request?

To add friends on MFP:

1) Click on the username in the left sidebar. A window showing the username will open.
    2) Click on the username again. The user's profile will open.
    3) Click on the "Add Friend" on the user's profile page. There is an option to send a message along with the request. That's always a good idea - just a short note menitionting where you saw the user, some common interests or goals, etc.

Thanks so much!!! :)
  • ayameinlove
    ayameinlove Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Looking for friends on here that are active. I'm on here everyday logging calories. I've recently started intermittent fasting. Feel free to add me!
  • MsNitaMarie82
    MsNitaMarie82 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hey 36...go ahead and add me. :)
  • zaraizzy
    zaraizzy Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon! I am new on here! I'll be 56 next month. Feel free to add me. We can support and encourage one another.
  • InsanityFan1
    InsanityFan1 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    hello, just started, 39yo, off to a good start. Progress all ready, keeps me in check
  • SweatsOnSunday
    SweatsOnSunday Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Need to re-boot, re-set, re-whatever. But definitely need to stop going to happy hours! Had a rough night of sleep, woke up with a food/alcohol hangover, and am not feeling at my best.
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    Options
    After the week from hell I spent time today hiking. Rhode Island has no true mountains but we do have some very tall hills. I tried Mt. Tom today. The summit is 402ft. I made 208ft. See thenledge begins me? That starts an incredibly step climb. Near vertical actually. I couldn’t do it with my asthma. So my new goal for the year is to develop stamina and make another attempt in the fall. Pardon the hat hair.

Hills are tough. Good on ya' for setting a goal to reach the top. You'll do it this fall!

• FitnTrimSteve
    FitnTrimSteve Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    After the week from hell I spent time today hiking. Rhode Island has no true mountains but we do have some very tall hills. I tried Mt. Tom today. The summit is 402ft. I made 208ft. See thenledge begins me? That starts an incredibly step climb. Near vertical actually. I couldn’t do it with my asthma. So my new goal for the year is to develop stamina and make another attempt in the fall. Pardon the hat hair.

Hills are tough. Good on ya' for setting a goal to reach the top. You'll do it this fall!

Can’t let a steep hill get in my way. Asthma or not. They are there to be conquered.
  • beachgal0626
    beachgal0626 Posts: 1,910 Member
    Options
    Great job, Steve!
  • FitnTrimSteve
    FitnTrimSteve Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    Great job, Steve!

Thanks
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Options
    Need to re-boot, re-set, re-whatever. But definitely need to stop going to happy hours! Had a rough night of sleep, woke up with a food/alcohol hangover, and am not feeling at my best.

Icky hope you're feeling better
  • Pool_Boy
    Pool_Boy Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    @Ironlady70 , I am 51 and I feel stuck in all that you mentioned. :/
  • ikatiana
    ikatiana Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm almost 40 and I'm ready to get back in shape. I'm tired of being tired lol I'm looking for fun ways to get exercise in my day, but don't have a lot of time; I work FT and have a young child. I also struggle with overeating, I'm a mess! I use to play roller derby, dance, do yoga, etc and I miss it all. It would be nice to find people on here to connect with and possible have a partner(s) in this journey. Please feel free to reach out!!!!
  • kristingjertsen
    kristingjertsen Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    For those who are out of shape, senior adults, or have a disability that makes working out harder, check out the Eldergym site online. Run by a physical therapist with geriatric certification. There are free online resources, Youtube videos, a Facebook page, and a fee based option for those who can afford it. I have been using the program for a month now and seeing results in my core strength, flexibility, and balance.
  • Anna022119
    Anna022119 Posts: 545 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Ironlady70 wrote: »
    Anyone else feel stuck??? Job, fitness, relationship?? Is it just age related ??

Yes, I hear you. Not sure if it's age related though.
  • austinwb8
    austinwb8 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Hi all....46 y.o. here, trying to lose some unwanted lbs, put on some muscle and hopefully end up proud of the way I look and feel.