Key Tip for Losing Weight

Instead of butter, instead of oils. Both have tones of fat, and just isn’t worth it while you’re trying to lose weight. I can think of many other forms of fat I would rather consume instead. There’s a 0 calorie, Organic Cold Pressed Extra Virgin Olive Oil cooking spray with no propellents. It’s healthy for you, with no harmful chemicals. It’s made by Pompeian, check it out.

Replies

• I think your post can be summarized as "since fat is calorie dense, pick and choose your fats" I don't disagree with that, but I disagree that spray oil is a good alternative for all cooking applications. Butter gives my eggs a special flavor, and so does cheese, so I sacrifice a yolk to have butter and more cheese instead of keeping the yolk and having to eat a rubbery omelet fried in a gram or two of oil, which isn't enough.

If I'm doing sunny side up, 4 grams of oil is enough to get a good fry. 4 grams don't need to come from a spray can (I don't like that it's more expensive than regular oil).

For scrambled, just a little oil/butter won't do. It needs to be more for the right texture and taste. I have them as usual and just eat less fat in other meals (or one less apple, whatever it is I feel like doing that day).

It's a balancing act. The key tip is that anything can be modified to satisfaction and sustainability without having to follow hard rules, and you still end up within calories. I had potato chips for breakfast today (wasn't hungry), that's why my lunch involves leaner stuff like white fish.

I used avocado oil for my turkey bacon everyday. I’m just saying, cooking spray is great for people trying to cut calories and keep food intake up. Simply
  • I think your post can be summarized as "since fat is calorie dense, pick and choose your fats" I don't disagree with that, but I disagree that spray oil is a good alternative for all cooking applications. Butter gives my eggs a special flavor, and so does cheese, so I sacrifice a yolk to have butter and more cheese instead of keeping the yolk and having to eat a rubbery omelet fried in a gram or two of oil, which isn't enough.

If I'm doing sunny side up, 4 grams of oil is enough to get a good fry. 4 grams don't need to come from a spray can (I don't like that it's more expensive than regular oil).

For scrambled, just a little oil/butter won't do. It needs to be more for the right texture and taste. I have them as usual and just eat less fat in other meals (or one less apple, whatever it is I feel like doing that day).

It's a balancing act. The key tip is that anything can be modified to satisfaction and sustainability without having to follow hard rules, and you still end up within calories. I had potato chips for breakfast today (wasn't hungry), that's why my lunch involves leaner stuff like white fish.

But yes I agree with everything you said, I use grass fed butter in my eggs also. Mostly the cooking spray for my lean meats.
  • ceiswyn wrote: »
    ceiswyn wrote: »
    I'm all for sharing alternatives, but blanket statements don't really help anyone.

lol, not a blanket statement at all. Fat is 9 calories per gram... wouldn’t you rather eat your calories? I know I would, a healthy cooking spray is key to keeping fats in check.

And yet somehow I lost 17 stone without ever owning spray oil, nor even caring about keeping fats in check.

Could it be that spray oil isn’t actually ‘key’ to weight loss at all? Just your personal preference?

I have personal preferences too. I just don’t pretend to myself and everyone else that they’re anything more than that.

Lol! Congrats on that 17 pounds. People have different strategies to losing weight, whatever works for you. No need to get bent outta shape mam’

I said stone, not pounds.

Well, congrats on that 238 pounds!