Unexpected Outcomes With Weight Loss

Options
What outcomes have you noticed that you never expected when those pounds started dropping off?

A couple of mine are;

Although chairs are more comfortable to sit in because you fit better, you can't seem to sit as long because your bum doesn't have as much padding.

It takes so much less time to shave my legs. Not only is there less skin, but I can reach all parts much easier.

Replies

• apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    Related to the "padding" issue, I bruise more easily in some areas that have less fat cushioning them now.
  • Lillymoo01
    Lillymoo01 Posts: 2,865 Member
    Options
    Going down a size and a half in shoes, and sometimes two sizes depending on brand. I had to buy all new shoes!

This is me too. I certainly didn't expect that!
  • Lillymoo01
    Lillymoo01 Posts: 2,865 Member
    Options
    brittlb07 wrote: »
    This isn’t the answer you were probably expecting, but my bank account looks better now that I am eating out less!

I wish I could say the same. I never ate out much, just ate a lot more of it, and often cheap food with little nutritional value.
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Lol... found out I didn't have enough @$$. Hard chairs hurt.
  • 150poundsofme
    150poundsofme Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    I am sure with some more weight loss I could place more clothes in a suit.
  • trwww
    trwww Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    tinnitus almost 100% gone now, started at 33 BMI, noticed it lessening at 28
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    Lillymoo01 wrote: »
    What outcomes have you noticed that you never expected when those pounds started dropping off?

A couple of mine are;

Although chairs are more comfortable to sit in because you fit better, you can't seem to sit as long because your bum doesn't have as much padding.

It takes so much less time to shave my legs. Not only is there less skin, but I can reach all parts much easier.

Easier to shave my legs, but harder to shave my armpits. There's an actual pit to navigate into now.
    Going down a size and a half in shoes, and sometimes two sizes depending on brand. I had to buy all new shoes!

Same. And since I wear pretty expensive shoes to deal with arthritis issues in my feet, replacing them has been pricey!
    mph323 wrote: »
    TMI TMI TMI

Before I lost weight my thighs touched, and when I had to sneeze in public I could just discretely squeeze my thighs together and hold my pee. Now that my thighs don't touch, it doesn't work that way anymore. Ask me how I know :D

I have not hesitated to make a leg-crossing spectacle of myself. :p
  • mph323
    mph323 Posts: 3,565 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah, the pit shaving thing! I forgot about that :D
  • AprilMLowe
    AprilMLowe Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    I have loose skin in between my thighs that rub together causing rashes. Dont get me wrong i feel great losing weight already!
  • Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options

Easier to shave my legs, but harder to shave my armpits. There's an actual pit to navigate into now.

OMG! i was wondering what the hell is going on. I still haven't figured out how to get this one specific spot - two razers and lots of trials and errors later.
  • jean133mjg
    jean133mjg Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    When I read trwww, I was hopeful that my tinnitis might become better too. I've had it for almost 40 years. Another good reason to continue losing weight. It would be really nice not to have that continuous high-pitched ringing in my ears.