40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• GingerPwr
    GingerPwr Posts: 1,979 Member
    Options
    @Roadie2000

You might try Yoga With Adriene on YouTube. She has several 30 day challenge playlists, and she goes slow and does lots of variations. She has LOTS of beginner videos, and her mission is to offer complete yoga workouts for free. She has short, 10 minute videos that focus on specific areas, like hips, knees, or wrists, and then she has longer fat burning workouts that go up to 45 minutes, so wherever you are, she's got a flow for you.

I did her 30 day challenge in January, I'm focusing on weights and running in Feb., and then back to yoga in March.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/yogawithadriene

• gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    Brute Force Operator Series Alpha 23! 55#! Maybe should have taken the 20#. Got it done though. Had to do this outside. It’s cold. LOL!
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    Been MIA for awhile... good to see the regulars carrying on.

I've had some ups and downs this off season. Weight is coming off as planned based on dieticians suggestions. My swim fitness is coming along nicely thanks to regular sessions and a weekly swim clinic. Cycling has been all indoors, but I'm gaining endurance.

The frustration for me is that my Achilles injury is not responding and I'm wondering if my best running days are behind me. I'm not giving up yet, but I've decided against surgery for now, and the only thing that brings relief is not running and wearing the stability boot. My first race is in mid June, and it looks like I may have to do my run training via the elliptical, Alter G treadmill and/or aqua jogging. ugh.
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    22 minute hard corps cold start.
    Brute Force Operator Series Alpha 24! 90#!
    That’s the last “official” routine. There’s a “bonus” Alpha 25, Code Name: “The Kraken”!!! Gonna hit that over the weekend.
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "Body Beast Build: Shoulders"=Done!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "Insanity: The Asylum Vol 1 Speed & Agility"=Done!
  • brightsideofpink
    brightsideofpink Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Hi all. I just turned 40 this month and I'm doing everything I can to embrace it. I'm not in the healthiest body I've ever had, but I'm making good sustained progress and hope to spend my 40s much healthier than most of my 30s. Glad to find this group!
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    GingerPwr wrote: »
    Proud to report that I've lost 10 pounds since the first of the year! Self control is still a struggle, but I'm getting better.

What a great start to 2109! Congrats....
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    Brute Force Operator Series Alpha 25! “The Kraken”!!! 55#! Paced myself and took breaks when needed (Aka a lot)!!
    Broke 1,000! I got 1,006 Total reps☠️☠️☠️
  • mvmcvcm
    mvmcvcm Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have battled with weight and now I'm getting older it seems to be getting harder. I have tried many programs but I am now using this program and it seems to be working for me. Thought I would share. Hope it works for you.

https://jdmoling_2weekdiet.pay.clickbank.net/?cbitems=2.1&cbskin=20475&cbfid=35903&cbexit=53
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "Insanity: The Asylum Vol 1 Relief"=Done!
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "Body Beast Bulk: Chest"=Done!
  • petethegamermfp2019
    Options
    I am well over 40 - heading towards my 50th so I must be a well cool kid :-)
  • jrose6197
    jrose6197 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Just looking to join now. 42 from central California and Im -5lbs into a 30lb goal. Can use all the support and motivation I can get.
    Does anyone use peloton? I’ve been working out at home with the app and love it but could use some tips or suggestions on how to maximize my calorie burn in under an hour a day. Is it best to focus on strength training or cardio?
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    Brute Force Operator Series Alpha 1! 55#! After work. Fatigued as HELL! 18:11! Still a tad quicker than last time and no sloppy squats or get ups!
  • gam3rguy
    edited February 2019
    Options
    "Body Beast Build: Legs & Bulk: Back"=Done!
  • BettyM1017
    BettyM1017 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    Djproulx wrote: »
    Been MIA for awhile... good to see the regulars carrying on.

I've had some ups and downs this off season. Weight is coming off as planned based on dieticians suggestions. My swim fitness is coming along nicely thanks to regular sessions and a weekly swim clinic. Cycling has been all indoors, but I'm gaining endurance.

The frustration for me is that my Achilles injury is not responding and I'm wondering if my best running days are behind me. I'm not giving up yet, but I've decided against surgery for now, and the only thing that brings relief is not running and wearing the stability boot. My first race is in mid June, and it looks like I may have to do my run training via the elliptical, Alter G treadmill and/or aqua jogging. ugh.

Welcome back!! Ouch on the Achilles injury!! I'm just coming back from 3 herniated discs in my neck. No pull ups, rope climb, monkey bars, or rings for me for at least another 6 months. So, no OCRs this year. My daughter is trying to convince me to do a tri sprint in September. We'll see if she's successful.

Praying for a speedy recovery for you!
  • BettyM1017
    Options
    gam3rguy wrote: »
    Brute Force Operator Series Alpha 25! “The Kraken”!!! 55#! Paced myself and took breaks when needed (Aka a lot)!!
    Broke 1,000! I got 1,006 Total reps☠️☠️☠️

I'm not sure I have the attention span for that, lol! I even have to break a Murph into Cindy's just because I can't stay focused for more that 20 reps of anything, lol!
  • BettyM1017
    Options
    I am well over 40 - heading towards my 50th so I must be a well cool kid :-)

A lot of us are over 50! Welcome aboard!