Having trouble losing

Options

Replies

• MichelleSilverleaf
    MichelleSilverleaf Posts: 2,028 Member
    Options
    Jflowwers wrote: »
    I am weighing myself everyday and logging my average once a week.

But are you weighing your food? I think that's what was meant.
  • Jflowwers
    Jflowwers Posts: 137 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    @diannethegeek

Again, this is my first time posting in years. What details are needed that I haven’t given?
  • Jflowwers
    Options
    I stated before that I am weighing everything. Condiments and oils included. Anything I consume, I am logging.
  • Jflowwers
    Options
    @SisterSueGetsFit

Mfp gave me a net of 1200 calories. I eat back about half of my exercise calories, so I have been consistently in a caloric deficit.
  • lin_be
    lin_be Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    I would suggest using a trend app called happy scale to see the moving average of your weight loss. A .5lb/week of weight loss is reasonable for 30lbs to lose. If you’ve been fluctuationing between 3-5lbs a week for 6 weeks, I assume some of that is actual fat.

Although 30lbs feels like a lot, it really isn’t a massive amount and it may take you a year to lose 30lbs. Some expectations might need to shift about how long this’ll take. You didn’t gain 30lbs in 2 months, it’ll be really hard to lose it in the same amount of time.

About your fitness training, I agree it’s a bit overkill. Weight loss really has nothing to do with exercise but if it helps you get into a calorie deficit than it’s a benefit. Exercise is great for overall health and you should only do things you really enjoy.
  • SisterSueGetsFit
    SisterSueGetsFit Posts: 1,211 Member
    Options
    @SisterSueGetsFit

Mfp gave me a net of 1200 calories. I eat back about half of my exercise calories, so I have been consistently in a caloric deficit.
    @Jflowwers - Are you set to lose 2 pounds per week? Would you tell us what your stats are (height/weight). I agree with many of the other posters that it's likely water retention... But did you say you are weighing your food with a food scale?
  • Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    Options
    3-5lbs isn't bad. it's progress in the right direction. and you added a new exercise (Strenght training) so again probably some water retention.

i'd double down on the logging. make sure everything is weighed and logged but DOUBLE CHECK all entries. lots of issues are caused by entries used in diary. Raw VS cooked, incorrect entries, and so on. I "use a scale and weight everything" but STILL finding errors in my logging when I double and triple check certain things.

i'd take more rest days for the exercise.

and keep at it.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    @SisterSueGetsFit

That is a pretty low calorie goal for a woman who is regularly working out and only wants to lose 30 pounds. How many pounds per week did you select as your goal rate of loss?
  • Jflowwers
    Options
    @SisterSueGetsFit

I set my goals to lose 2 lbs a week. I am weighing my food on a food scale.

Height 5’7
    Start-178
    Current- 172
    Goal- 135

• SisterSueGetsFit
    SisterSueGetsFit Posts: 1,211 Member
    Options
    @SisterSueGetsFit

I set my goals to lose 2 lbs a week. I am weighing my food on a food scale.

Height 5’7
    Start-178
    Current- 172
    Goal- 135

I would suggest setting it a little lower too. 1 pound a wee or so. It's just so aggressive when it doesn't have to be. You'll make yourself crazy and the effect, while quicker, may not be ideal. I lost about 55 pounds by not eating enough (1200 most days) and I don't look good in a bathing suit/naked. At all. Ive gained about 15 pounds back and am taking this off slowly.

Keep weighing on the food scale. Just eat a bit more and try to eat back half your exercise calories. just my opinion. :)
  • Jflowwers
    edited February 2019
    Options
    When I have gone about losing weight diligently in the past I have always lost 2-3 lbs a week, especially at first. I suppose patience isn’t my strong suit.