Protein shakes

Options
2»

Replies

• ShrinkingNinja
    ShrinkingNinja Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Most of these replies seem to be (to me at least) straight up protein shakes. The OP mentioned wanting a meal replacement shake...they aren't always the same.... look for one that does say meal replacement on the label
    Though all suggestions are good shakes!

I currently use GNC Lean Shake Meal Replacement when i'm low on calories and want something filling. And I use GNC Amplified Wheybolic protein for after workouts. Both are chocolate. Both are (in my opinion) tasty. I mix them with water though so I don't get the extra calories from milk but its all about what you prefer really. Some stores will have sample packs of their powders so you can try a couple different ones before you buy a whole tub and hate it.

Good luck!

I guess it is in how you use it. I use a straight up protein shake to replace my meal. :)
  • cownancy
    cownancy Posts: 291
    Options
    PLEASE don't tell my body that protein shakes don't help you lose weight!!! I have done really well with them. I like Costco's Premier Chocolate with 30g of protein, 1g of sugar and 160 calories. They fill me up for 2-3 hours. Also, they are recommended by my bariatric doctor and nutritionists. I think they would beg to differ about their effectiveness. LOL. I heard great things about Unjury too. I also like Bariatric Advantage banana

These are MEAL REPLACEMENT shakes.
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    PLEASE don't tell my body that protein shakes don't help you lose weight!!! I have done really well with them. I like Costco's Premier Chocolate with 30g of protein, 1g of sugar and 160 calories. They fill me up for 2-3 hours. Also, they are recommended by my bariatric doctor and nutritionists. I think they would beg to differ about their effectiveness. LOL. I heard great things about Unjury too. I also like Bariatric Advantage banana

You're losing weight because you're controlling your caloric intake. It's all YOU, not the shakes! Good work! :)
  • TK421NotAtPost
    TK421NotAtPost Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Well I'd say they indirectly help you lose weight in the sense that they are a good tool to help you hit your macros or maintain a moderate to high level of protein in your diet.

I'm a muscle milk person myself....though lately I've been eating MONSTER milk. 50 grams of protein for breakfast.....
  • cownancy
    Options

You're losing weight because you're controlling your caloric intake. It's all YOU, not the shakes! Good work! :)
    OK, maybe we're saying the same things, different ways....NO, they don't cause you to lose weight, but they replace a meal for only 160 calories and they give me 30 grams of protein toward my 80-100grams of protein in my daily goal with low carbs. So, I think we've been on the same page all along. LOL
  • cownancy
    Options
    Well I'd say they indirectly help you lose weight in the sense that they are a good tool to help you hit your macros or maintain a moderate to high level of protein in your diet.

I'm a muscle milk person myself....though lately I've been eating MONSTER milk. 50 grams of protein for breakfast.....

My nutritionists told me that there is no sense in taking more than 30 grams of protein at one time because it is all your body can process in one meal.
  • bevskiwolf
    bevskiwolf Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    We use GNC lean shakes (on the go- already made) or the GNC Pro Amp powder with SKIM PLUS milk. You can get it in larger grocery stores. On mornings I'm going to work out or will have a late lunch, I do the Lean Shake, ONE scoop of the Pro Amp powder, a handful of ice cubes and a shot of extract (whatever flavor the shake is) and one packet of Truvia. It tastes just like a milkshake. Swear! xoxo
  • dtvick548
    Options
    I use the GNC Whey Protein, 2 tsp. benefiber and 4tsp. sugar free international delight coffee. Mix in with ice and drink like a shake. I use any variety of different proteins and coffee's. This is the same shake that many doctor's recommend for ADD patients to take in the morning. Both my kids say they notice a difference in attention when they take it in the morning.
  • army_cobra
    army_cobra Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Body by Vi shakes. Yummy. Email me if you want more info.

This is by far the best out there. They have about everything that you need
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Best tasting protein is Xtreme Formulations Ultra Peptide 2.0, with Trutein and Myofusion coming close taste wise.

i've found shakes mostly unnecessary to hit my protein goals but do mix some with greek yogurt, or a little bit of milk and peanut butter to make protein sludge

also fluff is awesome

http://www.proteinfluff.com/