Atkins Support Group

Options

Replies

• AlyRoseNYC
    AlyRoseNYC Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    Part 2! Sweet =)

My kid woke up at 12:30am with a fever. I am so tired, but took the opportunity to have a nice tall glass of water with her. I may be regretting that decision in a few hours lol.
  • lockef
    lockef Posts: 466
    Options
    Part 2, WOOHOO!

Hope your lil one gets better M2S!

Tried another MiM last night with 1/4 tsp lemon extract and 1 tbs heavy whipping cream (no cinnamon). Didn't quite turn out how I'd like, but still ate it. Going to try it again tonight without the cream and a little more lemon extract. Maybe with a little bit of lemon zest.
  • kittrelle
    Options
    Al-right!!! Yes, part 2!!

I agree, get the book. I like DANDR 2002...it's Dr. Atkins last one. If you are in a pinch and can't grab one quickly enough or get one from the library check out the atkins bulletin board forum (google it) . There are stickies that tell you pretty much everything.
  • dittiepe
    dittiepe Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Yay Part 2. We're important! LOL I'm in agreement with the others. Definitely get a book if you can. If you really can't, check out the Atkins.com website and read through it. It has all of the information there as well. Plus if you register they'll send you a free kit :)
  • LASH3S
    LASH3S Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I was going through my library at home.. and what do ya know it.. i had a copy of DANDR at home.. WOOOHOO.. so i started reading it last night... I'm stoked!!
  • SOOZIE429
    SOOZIE429 Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    The latest and greatest book is New Atkins for a New You (NANY). It actually is slightly different than the original. The folks on the Atkins community boards always recommend that one. It has newer research, etc.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    Hurray, we rolled a thread!
    Okay you guys I REALLY ground the flaxseeds tonight for the MIM and I must say it was the bomb!!! I made a chocolate and a savory one and they were super awesome. They will be amazing when school starts tomorrow and I will be able to mix and go. Thank you guys soo soo much without y'all I would have given up a while ago!
    To make things even easier....

I find it terribly inconvenient to get out all of the ingredients and dirty the measuring utensils every day. I usually make up the dry ingredients for a week's worth of MIMs on Sunday. I make different flavors for the week, so I don't get bored, and store each one in a little snack-sized baggie labeled with its flavor using a Sharpie. I have a half dozen styrofoam egg carton that I use to take the 5 eggs with me that I'll need to make them at work, and keep a small tub of margarine in the fridge there, too. Since I usually eat my breakfast at work, this makes it ultra-convenient and practical for me. I save the weekends for flavor experiments.

You'll probably be eating them at home but you can still pre-measure the dry ingredients (flax meal, baking powder, cinnamon/cocoa powder, splenda) into baggies and then just add your wet ingredients and/or flavoring each morning.
  • AlyRoseNYC
    Options
    Can you guys suggest some sweet treats that won't really affect the scale? I think I found out the hard way that the Atkins Advantage bars are a no-go for me. Admitedly, I was eating one per day for a week. I thought nothing of it since it says that it is suitable for all phases. Thanks
  • dittiepe
    Options
    Can you guys suggest some sweet treats that won't really affect the scale? I think I found out the hard way that the Atkins Advantage bars are a no-go for me. Admitedly, I was eating one per day for a week. I thought nothing of it since it says that it is suitable for all phases. Thanks

sugar-free jello and redi-whip, low carb cheesecake(see website below), ricotta creme with redi-whip. Just for a few :)
  • AlyRoseNYC
    Options

sugar-free jello and redi-whip, low carb cheesecake(see website below), ricotta creme with redi-whip. Just for a few :)

Thannks. I think I'll try making the cheesecake. DH made me some sugar free jello the other day without me even asking him too.
  • martinah4
    martinah4 Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    Hurray, we rolled a thread!
    Okay you guys I REALLY ground the flaxseeds tonight for the MIM and I must say it was the bomb!!! I made a chocolate and a savory one and they were super awesome. They will be amazing when school starts tomorrow and I will be able to mix and go. Thank you guys soo soo much without y'all I would have given up a while ago!
    To make things even easier....

I find it terribly inconvenient to get out all of the ingredients and dirty the measuring utensils every day. I usually make up the dry ingredients for a week's worth of MIMs on Sunday. I make different flavors for the week, so I don't get bored, and store each one in a little snack-sized baggie labeled with its flavor using a Sharpie. I have a half dozen styrofoam egg carton that I use to take the 5 eggs with me that I'll need to make them at work, and keep a small tub of margarine in the fridge there, too. Since I usually eat my breakfast at work, this makes it ultra-convenient and practical for me. I save the weekends for flavor experiments.

You'll probably be eating them at home but you can still pre-measure the dry ingredients (flax meal, baking powder, cinnamon/cocoa powder, splenda) into baggies and then just add your wet ingredients and/or flavoring each morning.

I do the same thing! I'm going to start mixing up my flavors, now, too--now that I know there are other ways to make them besides with the cinnamon!
  • martinah4
    Options

The bars don't seem to affect me, but the splenda and soy flour do. I made a low-carb chocolate rum pie that I got off the Atkins web site, and my weight stale-mated for about 2 weeks!
  • martinah4
    Options
    Yay Part 2. We're important! LOL I'm in agreement with the others. Definitely get a book if you can. If you really can't, check out the Atkins.com website and read through it. It has all of the information there as well. Plus if you register they'll send you a free kit :)

I went there on your advise, and ordered my free kit. Should get here in the mail any day now!
  • dittiepe
    Options
    It's a great kit! You get some coupons too, which is wonderful. Hehe and the 3 free bars. Yay!
  • SueInAz
    Options
    It's a great kit! You get some coupons too, which is wonderful. Hehe and the 3 free bars. Yay!
    If I remember, mine showed up pretty quickly, too. :D
  • SueInAz
    Options
    I look for sugar free sweets (Life savers, Wurther's butterscotch, Russell Stover's, etc.) at Target, Walmart and the grocery store. I can't have them in great quantities because the sugar alcohols go right through me, but having a couple hard candies or chocolate pieces curbs the cravings and doesn't affect my weight loss.
  • jatcat310
    Options
    I think I have to bump again.....
  • beernutz
    beernutz Posts: 136
    Options
    My new profile quote: "Low carb for life - I don't want a balanced diet, I want an optimal diet."

It is good to see this topic roll over.
  • kittrelle
    Options
    Eek! By margarine (in your MIM) I hope you mean butter....

Sweet treat: Try a packet of splenda, a tbs. of baking cocoa and 3 tbs of whipping cream. Whip til like pudding. YUM. The best chocolatey-ist mousse ever. And totally legal. Yes, chocolatey-ist is not a word, but taste one spoonful and you'll agree!!
  • AlyRoseNYC
    Options
    My new profile quote: "Low carb for life - I don't want a balanced diet, I want an optimal diet."

It is good to see this topic roll over.

LOVE IT!

The thought of a "balanced" diet comes from the US government and their bogus food pyramid. Interesting thought...this government is also the head of one of the obese countries in the world. Sometimes it's good to step outside of the box and question authority, kwim? =)