Lunch! What did you have?

Options
I'm really trying to recommit to getting myself healthy again. I am in two weddings parties in the next two years, and I don't want to be this out of shape!

I find I am bored with my food choices. I tend to stick to whats easy and what I know the calorie count for... and I get bored and munch on things I shouldn't. Right now, I tend to eat frozen dinners with added vegetables for lunches, because they are easy to pack. I also gravitate towards canned soups (although I made my own soup this weekend) I want to get away from heavily processed foods, and incorporate some new meals into my rotation.

So, I'm looking for some new ideas! I have access to a fridge, a microwave and a toaster oven at my office.
What did you have for lunch today? What are your go-to lunch ideas?

What would you try if you were me?

Replies

• MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Add me as a friend. Check out my blog for a couple of recipes and look forward to more posts about what I am eating...today I had a semi-homemade soup so it wasn't my best ever, but it was tortellini in tomato soup jam packed with veggies and some kidney beans. Less than 400 calories for a serving.
  • Katamiller69
    Options
    i make my lunch everynight... i make a healthy dinner and I put 1/2 right away into a tupperware container for lunch the next day. Last night had BBQ chicken breast (minus the skin) with baked potato and broccoli -- I also try to have soup with every meal... it fills you up and you eat less.

good luck!!!
  • kappy_hollowell
    Options
    Progresso High Fiber Chili & 1 C of Athenos Greek yogurt.
  • 3ricaAnn
    3ricaAnn Posts: 288
    Options
    I started using Flatouts flatbread wraps. The light is only 90 calories and I use olive oil mayo, only 45 cals, with turkey breast, the kind I get is only 70 cals. Or the snawich thins are really good. I use for sandwihes for work. I put half a slice of sargento reduced fat pepperjack (30 cals) olive oil mayo (45cals) and 2 sclices of turkey breast (45 cals) and the thins are 100 for a total of 200 cals per sandwhich. Then just add some reduced fat cheese snaks, fruit cups(with real juice) or a fiber one bar and I'm good to go. I sometimes even pack a juice if I don't want water.
  • jeffsgal105
    jeffsgal105 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    For me, lunches are the most difficult meal! I'm glad you posted this, maybe I'll get some great ideas.
  • dosesr4winners20
    Options
    Feel free to add me and we can share our meal diaries! I'm always up something new. today was a simple day for me, i had rotisserie chicken breat meat, greens, and a slice of alvacodo. and some nuts for a snack.

i normally eat ox tail, curry goat, baby bok choy (greens), squash, mushrooms etc. I'm a very exotic eater (or so i've been told) lol
  • LittleFootHafner
    Options
    So many choices out there! Feel free to add me and check out my diary...

Ryvita (whole wheat crackers) with tuna/egg/chicken salad is good...

Apple salad, beef stew, chicken rice soup, pita filled with veggies & turkey, chicken caesar salad...

Or any leftovers from the night before really! If you have a meat, veg and starch, just take more of the meat and veg for your lunch, with no starch...

Boiled eggs, cheese, melba toast & veggie sticks...

Good Luck! ;)
  • Lesliecs
    Lesliecs Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    2 oz. of Leftover sirloin steak...... 3 oz. of left over home-made low fact Chicken Fried Rice and a cup of low-fat chocolate pudding. It was all very tasty..... only 286 calories, but more sodium that I care for. I always bring my lunch to work so I don't end up running out to a fast food place or hitting the snack machine. I keep low cal snacks, fruit, etc. here at work so I'm not tempted.

good luck on your journey! :smile:
  • army_cobra
    army_cobra Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    chicken,beef,fish,small amount of veggies and some healthy fat maybe
  • Semperfione
    Options
    Today I had steamed veggies, little soy sause , full of carrots green beans, red bell peppers, ...you can ear alot and it goes well with any addition, like a turkey burger, which I did not have...not this time anyway.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    Healthy Choice Honey Dijon Chicken and a string cheese.
  • Syreeta6
    Syreeta6 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    ritz whole wheat crackers w/a wedge of laughing cow light creamy swiss and some grapes. Pretty uneventful to say the least but since I had a burger and fries yesterday for lunch I figure I better go pretty light today :)
  • willdbill0712
    willdbill0712 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Today for lunch I had the leftovers from dinner last night which were Green Giant Valley Fresh Steamers Healthy Colors and Great Value - Chunk Chicken Breast, Fully Cooked.
    From start to finish it takes less than 10 mins to make, I throw it in Tupperware to mix. I eat half of it for dinner and the other half for lunch the next day.
  • Faery7
    Faery7 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I'm just like you... I eat the same things for lunch because it's easier.
    I'll share my two favorites here with you.
    1) Taco Pasta
    4oz Honeysuckel White 99% fat free ground turkey (seasoned with taco seasoning)
    2oz Rotini Pasta
    .5oz cheddar cheese
    1 tbps fat free sour cream
    3 tbsp salsa (sometimes I use it, sometiems I don't.. gives it two totally different tastes- take off 30 cals if you don't use it)
    Total Cals: 435

2) Turkey Wrap
    Whole Wheat Wrap
    3oz Deli Turkey
    Lettuce, Tomato, Banana Pepper, Red Onion
    Fat Free Mayo
    Total Cals: 247

They both are very filling, and really easy. When I make the taco pasta, I make a pound of the ground turkey and a box of pasta and then just put them in the fridge and ration them out each day. It's honestly my favorite... really yummy.
  • angiolm
    angiolm Posts: 52
    Options
    Today: Lamb slouvaki on a bed of romain and english cucumber salad - no dressing - the spices from the lamb is good enough for the salad. Plus, I'm not fond of pre-fabbed salad dressings. We barbecued the lamb the night before for dinner -keep the extra for lunch.

Yesterday: Cooked turkey breast (the real stuff not deli sliced stuff) on rye and other stuff.

Tomorrow: Chicken breast (no skin no bone) bbq'd with spices and sliced onto rye bread.
  • HollyTsiaussis
    HollyTsiaussis Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I had an open faced tuna sandwich using light mayo, a whole can of tuna, and one slice of bread! Tons of protein and low-fat!
  • lailak94
    Options
    my mother's famous home made pasta :D
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I do leftovers most days so lunch is different every day. Today was leftover quinoa (a mix of red and white) and roasted veggies (onion, carrots and Brussel sprouts).
  • Giantess
    Giantess Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Cherries. Salad with iceburg lettuce, carrots, fresh baked salmon, and lowfat mozarella cheese.
  • Kristhin
    Kristhin Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I had 4 FRS energy pomegranate blueberry chews, some Republic of Tea Cherry tea, unsweetened, and 1 small apple. I don't use microwaves so I have to bring things that don't require heating.