Face or body??

Options

Replies

• Jamazurunner
    Options
    Personality??

Thankies! I don't care what your face or body looks like. If you are a boring hot piece of muscle, I don't care. Give me someone who is honest, respectful, kind, genuine. I don't care what they look like.

Jam
  • lind3400
    lind3400 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Yeah. Those people have nice faces. I always assumed that the ONLY thing guys are looking at is the bod, because I always felt like all the skinny girls (regardless of looks) had a man, and the chubbier ones didn't. Well, me at least. But then my best friend was always saying, yeah, that girl is skinny, but she's super ugly! You have her beat by a mile. And I was like, um, really? Because isn't beauty all in the weight? I had a skewed view of the world. Now I definitely notice faces more when assessing my relative attractiveness with other women, although I still think guys value thin more than beautiful!

I'm not skinny and I have no problems attracting guys with my pretty face....
  • Ajontheguitar
    Options
    Because somebody reminded me where my stance TRULY lies:

Looks account for something. We all know it. However I do find people way more attractive as I get to know them. Suddenly, they become way sexier because I know WHO they are as opposed to their aesthetics. So yes looks do count, but sometimes body/face become seriously irrelevant. Those are my two cents, hopefully not everyone in the world is truly as shallow as society shows us to be.
  • futurefitgirl88
    Options
    futurefitgirl, i hope you realize you are getting a skewed sample base on the forums.

the ladies answering are clearly going to judge the face as more important, since they'd rather be judged by the same standard from their male counterpart.

give this a try on, say, bodybuilding forum (there are plenty of women there also) and compare the results.

just saying...

I was pretty shocked at the response....Like I said most my girlfriends say face is not that important (most people are pretty average faced no offense...plus what someone might consider a hot face another might not) ...suppose depends on the individual!
  • Begood03
    Begood03 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    Body, no question about it. You may not be born with a pretty face, but you sure as heck work yourself to a very attractive body!
  • puggleperson
    puggleperson Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    For me it is face. I don't really care too much about body, looks in general aren't important but a nice smile, eyes or facial hair are always things that grab my attention in the opposite sex. I don't find either one of those people to be attractive either.

That being said, Isn't part of us becoming healthier people also mean building a good self image? I think we have enough standards to live by thanks to the media and Hollywood. To set standards of having a perfectly sculpted body and perfect face isn't really a healthy outlook to me. People that strive to achieve that become obssessed and end up like Heide Montag. Beauty is truly skin deep...

This for sure!!!!!!! What might be attractive to you may not be for me. Beauty is in teh eye of the beholder!
  • Magic_Girl
    Magic_Girl Posts: 158
    Options
    FACE! you can always improve the body!

Agree! I fell in love with my boyfriend's face before the body. His smile melted me away and I love looking into his eyes! I didn't even notice he had muscles until my friend pointed it out. He has bigger muscles now so they are hard to miss. I love his body, but his face is my favorite! :)
  • puggleperson
    puggleperson Posts: 740 Member
    Options

Looks account for something. We all know it. However I do find people way more attractive as I get to know them. Suddenly, they become way sexier because I know WHO they are as opposed to their aesthetics. So yes looks do count, but sometimes body/face become seriously irrelevant. Those are my two cents, hopefully not everyone in the world is truly as shallow as society shows us to be.

This too! AWEE will you be my second boyfriend? :flowerforyou:
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    So yes looks do count, but sometimes body/face become seriously irrelevant. Those are my two cents, hopefully not everyone in the world is truly as shallow as society shows us to be.

Well stated Aj..
  • BigCed77024
    BigCed77024 Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    Gotta go with....drumroll please....

The body! I had a debate over this with a beautiful woman who didn't take care of her body. She said how could you stare at that wreck of a face every day? I laughed then told her..the woman may have a 5 in the face but a 10 body equals 15 which turns her into an 8 when you round up.

Also health plays a roll. I want an active woman who can keep up. Personally I want for them to be both fine with a nice tight body that way I don't have to choose.
  • lizdavis07
    lizdavis07 Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    He always says he was attracted to me because of my face though... :) haha...dunno weather to take that as a compliment or serious insult :P

why would you take that as an insult?
  • BigCed77024
    BigCed77024 Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    Ps...most guys never look at a woman and say "wow she's pretty". They typically look at her butt or breasts..or both.
  • Ajontheguitar
    Options
    Ps...most guys never look at a woman and say "wow she's pretty". They typically look at her butt or breasts..or both.

You hang around the wrong men or are an unfortunate product of society, sorry :(

"She's pretty" is the most common thought that goes through my head. MAYBE "she's hot" sometimes.
  • Armygirl67
    Armygirl67 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Definitely the face.
  • Jamazurunner
    Options

You hang around the wrong men or are an unfortunate product of society, sorry :(

"She's pretty" is the most common thought that goes through my head. MAYBE "she's hot" sometimes.

I knew we were friends for a reason. Thanks for the reality check!
  • lind3400
    lind3400 Posts: 557 Member
    Options

I think u women r underestimating guys..... don't blame everyone for that one A****** u dated....not fair
  • writtenINthestars
    writtenINthestars Posts: 1,933 Member
    Options
    Definately face....I don't care what your body looks like if you're face is a "Picasso"....
  • futurefitgirl88
    Options

yikes that's being way too blunt!! haha I have neither and trust me my boyfriend is not a sappy kinda guy, he is hot and he knows it. So I'm sure there is more to a persons body than having big boobs and *kitten*!
  • EmpressOfJudgment
    EmpressOfJudgment Posts: 1,162 Member
    Options

This is absolutely true. Of course it also works the other way. I've been attracted to someone and then after getting to know them they become ugly to me when I discover that they have an awful personality.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Everything about this is completely unrealistic.... though fun :)

I wouldn't want a beautiful model if he were a complete idiot with no compassion and a sh*tty sense of humor.
    I wouldn't be with someone I'm completely unattracted to face and body, but had a sparkling personality and saved puppies for a living.
    I couldn't be with a guy who had an amazing body, but was a complete d***hebag...

It's about an attraction on several different levels. And the imperfections in people are often the most attractive things ever. Choosing between a face, body, or personality would be a travesty *LOL*