Random acts of kindness and gratitude

LiftingSpirits
LiftingSpirits Posts: 2,207 Member
Someone has done something nice, or has been thoughtful, and made a positive impact in your life at one point.

Take a moment here to express appreciation for someone meaningful to you.
Give an unexpected compliment.
Say something nice to a friend, or a stranger.
Make someone's day a little nicer with a kind message here.

Replies

• for the driver in front of me at McDonalds...thanks for buying my breakfast I was so surprised and moved by what you did.
  • _BlahBlah_BlackSheep_
    _BlahBlah_BlackSheep_ Posts: 2,148 Member
    To my running group peeps, who heard I sprained my ankle pretty badly: It means so much that every one of you messaged me to see if I'm okay and if I need anything. And that 2 of you offered to bring me meals, and that one of you (the physical therapist) offered to look at it and suggest exercises for rehab. I didn't ask anything of you, but you all jumped in and offered support. Thank you. <3
  • RomaineCalm
    RomaineCalm Posts: 3,972 Member
    Cowsfan1 wrote: »
    My wife and I split back in July after 18 years of marriage and 20 years together and 3 kiddos - I’ve never before felt pain like that and likely won’t again - to my friends and family who called - texted - listened to me complain and moan about the situation offered words of encouragement- I say thanks to them - I have a saying that ‘friends are overrated ‘ and ‘humans will always let you down’ but some of these folks have shown me maybe that’s not always the case .

No man is an island. Humans are flawed and will certainly let you down at times. But the good outweighs the bad, if you find the right (ie healthy) friends/people to surround yourself with.
  • andykaag
    andykaag Posts: 18 Member
    As weird as it can sounds, to the rude and unfaithful people I met in my early life, for making me growing stronger. They had something to do with the self confident person I became, being at ease to stop anyone crossing the line. Sometimes when we fall we stand up stronger.
  • como_agua1
    como_agua1 Posts: 210 Member
    To my son, who has given me 16 years of joy and happiness today.

@laprimaJenny

the gifts we get with our children Jenny... <3:*
  • como_agua1
    andykaag wrote: »
    As weird as it can sounds, to the rude and unfaithful people I met in my early life, for making me growing stronger. They had something to do with the self confident person I became, being at ease to stop anyone crossing the line. Sometimes when we fall we stand up stronger.

@andykaag

such an eloquent and classy way to put this. you said it better than i ever could. i feel the same way... x 1000
  • andykaag
    andykaag Posts: 18 Member
    @como_agua1
    Thank you for your kind words. It feels good to face that side of our lives. xxx
  • como_agua1
    edited February 2019
    My ex husband passed away last September, my kids lost their father. Although I've been doing the best I can to stay strong and trying really hard to not fall appart at times, it's not been easy.

My staff at work  put me in a contest a few weeks ago to win a photo shoot with my kids, without me knowing about it.  The contestants had to write a story and say why they think the family deserves to win. The story they wrote about me and my family really touched me. We did win and it's not even about winning. What touched me the most is how they noticed how much I'm trying even if I don't talk about it much..because at times I ask myself if I'm doing enough and hope my kids see everything I'm doing. When I read that story it made me see that maybe I'm too hard on myself and I am the best mom I can be. Sometimes seeing yourself through other people's eyes is a eye opener. So I thank them... for seeing everything I do.

@The_Devil_In_Miss_Jones_ you are enough. that can be your next tattoo <3
  • LiftingSpirits
    LiftingSpirits Posts: 2,207 Member
    My puppers had a really bad allergic reaction to a bee sting and my hubby was hours away with the car. I was posting about it on Facebook and a neighbor I once helped offered to drive me all the way to the vet to get meds. A couple months ago I helped her corral her 3 dogs when they got loose on a walk and she wanted to repay the kindness. I was so grateful.

I love this!!! ❤
  • Glazed_and_Confused
    Glazed_and_Confused Posts: 1,307 Member
    Sometimes a random compliment or kind gesture can mean SO much and I think we could all do a better job of doing this.
    I have had a real bad week, doubting everything I have done for my entire "adult" life, feeling like an enormous failure at so many things and randomly @_Deadman_Walking_ said the sweetest thing to me, having no idea what I have been through. I needed it right then and he didn't even know. Thank you. You have also inspired me to step up my game and brighten other people's lives, even when mine isn't going so well.
    When you don't see the sunshine, BE the sunshine ❤☀️

Y'all are both amazing ❤❤
  • Deadman_Diggingup
    Deadman_Diggingup Posts: 3,082 Member
    Sometimes a random compliment or kind gesture can mean SO much and I think we could all do a better job of doing this.
    I have had a real bad week, doubting everything I have done for my entire "adult" life, feeling like an enormous failure at so many things and randomly @_Deadman_Walking_ said the sweetest thing to me, having no idea what I have been through. I needed it right then and he didn't even know. Thank you. You have also inspired me to step up my game and brighten other people's lives, even when mine isn't going so well.
    When you don't see the sunshine, BE the sunshine ❤☀️

Aww, aren’t you sweet 🙂