Where am I going wrong?

Options
I have lost around 5st over the last 3 years.. but I’m now struggling!
I’m 5”3 and my weight varies between 9st7-10st
I eat around 1200/1400 calories- this is usually breakfast - lunch - snack- dinner and I train in the gym 3x a week.
But I’m seeing no change in myself anymore.. I want to drop fat on my stomach and thighs mainly...

Any advice will be appreciated

Replies

• Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    agree with the above.

put your stats in MFP, set a rate of loss of .05pds/week and eat that plus exercise calories.

get a food scale and weigh all solids (measure the stuff you cannot weigh) and be very very picky on selecting entry in food diary.
  • louisemallett241296
    louisemallett241296 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I put my stats into the calculator on MFP and it gives me 1200 calories, which I eat and have been eating more or less daily for a long time, do I still follow this?
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    I put my stats into the calculator on MFP and it gives me 1200 calories, which I eat and have been eating more or less daily for a long time, do I still follow this?

Maybe?

Start with the food scale and see where you are actually eating, and adjust from there.
  • MichelleSilverleaf
    MichelleSilverleaf Posts: 2,028 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    It's the 'more or less' part that's tripping you up. Are you eating 1200cal or not? The closer you get to your goal weight the more precise you have to be. 'More or less' doesn't cut it. And how long since you last lost weight?
  • louisemallett241296
    Options
    I’ve stayed the Same weight for around half a year now, I’m not ‘ fat’ don’t get me wrong, it’s just certain parts I want the fat to drop from, which I know you can’t spot pick! I get told I need to eat more than 1200 to get muscle to burn fat then I get told I need to stay in my deficit
  • quiksylver296
    edited March 2019
    Options
    I’ve stayed the Same weight for around half a year now, I’m not ‘ fat’ don’t get me wrong, it’s just certain parts I want the fat to drop from, which I know you can’t spot pick! I get told I need to eat more than 1200 to get muscle to burn fat then I get told I need to stay in my deficit

Are you doing any weight lifting? It sounds more like you need to recomp than possibly lose more weight.
  • MichelleSilverleaf
    MichelleSilverleaf Posts: 2,028 Member
    Options
    All you need is a deficit to lose weight, but you have to be certain you're actually eating to a deficit. If you're not using a food scale odds are you're eating more than you think. Just also keep in mind that MFP defaults to 1200cal for women, so if the rate of loss you picked would actually work out to lower than 1200cal this site isn't going to suggest that. Be sure that 1200cal is from a reasonable deficit for you, and not because you picked 2lbs/week or something.
  • louisemallett241296
    Options

Are you doing any weight lifting? It sounds more like you need to recomp than possibly lose more weight.

Yes, I weight train 3x a week mixed with cardio..
  • quiksylver296
    Options

How long have you been doing that? Are you following a proven progressive lifting program, or just doing your own thing?

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10332083/which-lifting-program-is-the-best-for-you/p1
  • louisemallett241296
    Options

How long have you been doing that? Are you following a proven progressive lifting program, or just doing your own thing?

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10332083/which-lifting-program-is-the-best-for-you/p1

Quite some time now! I’d say over a year...

I’ve been doing thing mainly
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    Because I'm totally bored at work, I plugged your stats into the TDEE calculator at scoobysworkshop.com. (I guessed your age at 35. My apologies if I'm off significantly.)

zwf43gpn0zma.jpg

BMR is the amount of calories you would need to maintain your weight if you were in a coma.
    TDEE is the amount of calories you need to maintain your current weight with your current activity.
    To lose, you should be able to eat ~1500 calories per day.

I'm back to the food scale recommendation.
  • louisemallett241296
    Options
    Because I'm totally bored at work, I plugged your stats into the TDEE calculator at scoobysworkshop.com. (I guessed your age at 35. My apologies if I'm off significantly.)

zwf43gpn0zma.jpg

BMR is the amount of calories you would need to maintain your weight if you were in a coma.
    TDEE is the amount of calories you need to maintain your current weight with your current activity.
    To lose, you should be able to eat ~1500 calories per day.

I'm back to the food scale recommendation.

zwf43gpn0zma.jpg

Think I’ll start weighing my food accurately and go from there ! Thank you
  • Tammyrae99
    Tammyrae99 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Is that stones?