Maximized Living Advanced Plan - Super Strict Diet

Options
Hey guys, so a friend got me to join a fitness challenge at her chiro office. They're a "Maximized Living" chiro. They promote a book called "Align Your Health"

They promote an advanced health plan that is VERY strict..
I packed on horrenous weight gain doing Keto for a month.. so I was hoping this 6 week challenge would help me, but I'm finding it overly strict

There's another post about it here https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1020177/maximized-living-advanced-plan
on an old thread

Basically all you can eat is a very limited list of low carb vegetables.. Berries and green apples, no dairy, nothing processed, no bread or grains.. no potato, no rice, no pasta or lentils

PREVIOUSLY i have successfully dropped a lot of weight by eating vegan short term.. and on high carb (brown rice, veg, oats, rice milk, bananas and potatos as snacks) have droppec 16lb in 10-11 days before

however right now I'm pregnant and for some reason the OB office demonized healthy carbs, and the chiro office says the advanced plan is very healthy in pregnancy.

I just feel sad because bananas make me happy, and potatos make me happy, and when I'm at goal weight I'm eating a lot of them.
I'm currently 35 pounds above goal weight... and they say i will see results on this max living advanced plan

but I struggle coz I really dont like most of the food that's allowed.
No I'm not a junk junkie.. by far not.. but I'm happy having oats and bananas for breakfast (of which both are forbidden) and i succeed best when I have brown rice or potato (of which both are forbidden)

the goal of the diet is to eliminate toxins and anything that can cause inflammation
basically their suggested diet looks like ths

breakfast - smoothie with nut milk, berries, organic grass fed whey protein (which they sell)
and lunch and dinner to be organic chicken with green vegetables

I don't enjoy eating animals, and I don't enjoy NOT eating brown rice or potato or banana.

struggling
furthermore all my books and previous studies indicate the only miracle diet to cure lifes problems is veganism... NOT keto or similar (whilst the advanced plan is not considered keto, it is very similar)

http://www.drhardick.com/the-nutrition-plan/the-advanced-plan
http://www.co.saline.ne.us/pdfs/wellness/handouts/2014/2014_04_22_ML_Meal_Plans.pdf

Replies

• Redordeadhead
    Redordeadhead Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Everything about this sounds super-sketchy.

You're pregnant, which is a time when you should be eating a wide variety of foods to support not just your health, but the health of your fetus.

You don't like the foods on this plan and, in fact, you prefer to eat in a way that is very different than this plan.

And the people who are selling you this plan aren't experts in nutrition, they aren't experts in pregnancy, they aren't experts in weight loss . . . they aren't even doctors. They're doing this to sell protein powder, they don't have your best interest in mind.

I would drop this whole thing and eat a reasonable number of calories for pregnancy, getting them from a variety of foods that you enjoy.

While veganism isn't a "miracle diet," a varied vegan diet sounds more manageable and like it would be a much better fit for how you enjoy eating. And you could have bananas, oats, and potatoes!

This.
  • magnusthenerd
    magnusthenerd Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    skyblueusa wrote: »
    Nobody said anything about a low protein diet. It isn't low protein, and none of the links I provided say it is.

Do you have some proprietary definition for low?