Poor excercise and food management

Options
13»

Replies

• ceiswyn
    ceiswyn Posts: 2,256 Member
    Options
    Well done, but there are still some improvements you can make :)

For starters, you're still not weighing as much as you need to. For example you've logged your bread as slices, but slices vary in size even when you're using presliced. I've had a lot of loaves that list their calories assuming that 1 slice is, say, 35g, but when I actually weighed I found that that was pretty much the minimum and most of their slices were closer to 45g. That sort of thing can make quite a difference.

With the chicken (and meats in general) it's better, if you can, to log the raw weight. Everyone cooks slightly differently, for different lengths of time, so the amount of water that's lost (or gained!) during cooking varies a lot, which means that the calorie content varies a lot as well.
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Options
    Skrilus wrote: »
    interesting video what are you getting at with it?

That as we lose weight. We can get pulled back to regain. Movement can help mitigate these effects. People always say move more eat less. Not always that easy. I lost a monkey ton of weight. Some far to quickly. My sedentary maintenance is about 2300 cals. Well from my data collected over the last 1.5 yrs of maintenance and macro composition my current maintenance is 3400 cals. Which seems easier to stick to? Hence, move more eat more. I am bulking at 3700 cals right now. Well, some body weight regain in attempt to help rebalance hunger, satiety, and hormones.
  • sarabushby
    sarabushby Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    Massive thumbs up to someone for actually demonstrating that they’re taking peoples advice on board. Good work Skrilus!!!

You may not have used any, but if you do, just don’t forget to add any oil used in cooking for example the sweet potato and the chicken. You may have used butter or nothing at all, but if others are reading this thread it’s definitely something that needs weighing and logging. It’s terribly easy to forget the 1tbsp of oil you cooked in and also to log it as just 1 teaspoon when in fact it was in honesty more like 1 tablespoon and thus 3x the calories.

Good luck with your journey :)
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,738 Member
    Options
    sarabushby wrote: »
    Massive thumbs up to someone for actually demonstrating that they’re taking peoples advice on board. Good work Skrilus!!!

You may not have used any, but if you do, just don’t forget to add any oil used in cooking for example the sweet potato and the chicken. You may have used butter or nothing at all, but if others are reading this thread it’s definitely something that needs weighing and logging. It’s terribly easy to forget the 1tbsp of oil you cooked in and also to log it as just 1 teaspoon when in fact it was in honesty more like 1 tablespoon and thus 3x the calories.

Good luck with your journey :)

Oil is easier to weigh than measure, too. Put the bottle or can on the scale, tare (zero) it, pour a bit into the pan (or spray, if it's oil spray), put the container back on the scale, note the negative grams: That's the amount you used.

This method works great for anything in jars (like peanut butter - just dip out your portion as the jar sits on the scale and note the negative) - or chunks (like cheese - put the block on the scale, tare, cut off your desired chunk, note the negative.

Quick'n'easy.
  • AnaSoluna
    AnaSoluna Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    It is certainly your choice to weigh or not weigh your food. I personally measure by volume but do so knowing that it means my data...

Agreed with everything Emma said. It's a cliche, but small changes over time really do build up. Two years ago, I was a person who made an at-home cafe mocha every morning, but now I've been happily drinking black coffee for a year and mochas are too sweet for my palette. Maybe make a few changes for non-weigjt reasons, so their success or failure isn't tied to the scale.

And I don't weigh my food either, with the knowledge that I'm being less accurate and probably not losing as fast as I could.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,738 Member
    Options
    Skrilus wrote: »
    Thanks for the advice from everyone the last few days have been some of the better days, still work on that weighing routine but over all i'm getting more used to it.

You're doing fine. It's a process, but just keep working on connecting up that stack of tinker-toys, and you'll build something good in the long run. If you hit an obstacle, rethink, and keep working. Persistence is priceless.

Best wishes!