Maximized Living Advanced Plan - Super Strict Diet

Options

Replies

• nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    I just found this linked in another thread. I haven't read through the whole thing, but it looks like a pretty comprehensive discussion on pregnancy and nutrition:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10176233/gaining-weight-during-pregnancy-and-losing-it-post-partum/p1
  • daniwilford
    daniwilford Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options

[/quote]
    seafoods have a whole host of beneficial nutrients.[/quote]

It is advisable to abstain from shell fish while pregnant as mercury levels can be high.
    Every medical professional I have ever spoken to, warns against dieting for weight loss during pregnancy. As a diabetic I limit carbs to 60 grams per meal. That is considered healthy for me. If you are worried about gestational diabetes you could limit your carbs to a reasonable amount for diabetics. As your pregnancy progresses your metabolism can speed up. My doctor chewed my butt when I lost weight during pregnancy.
  • Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    deleted
  • MikePTY
    MikePTY Posts: 3,814 Member
    Options
    skyblueusa wrote: »
    JUST TO BE CLEAR - this "lifestyle eating plan" (they call it) is not restrictive in volume.. its just restrictive in the list of very low carb, very hard to access vegetables.. and almost no fruits (lemons berries and apples are allowed)

My normal diet consists of a lot of high sugar fruits like bananas, rambutans, and lychees, and longans... and grapes

life without lychees is hard enough in the US because you have to track down asian markets, whereas in Australia lychees are at EVERY supermarket..

so yeah.. they don't restrict how much you can eat AT ALL

they tell you just keep eating mroe more more of food on the list :/
    but for example.. i LOVE brocoli with rice.. but I dono't like brocoli on it's own.. i find it bland alone
    I love b.sprouts with potato, but I don't like them alone

Then what is the point of it exactly?? If anyone loses weight on it, it is because the diet is restrictive in calories. That's how anyone loses weight. Whether eating vegetables or twinkies. They may not set specific volume targets because most people who eat a standard volume of food eat less calories than they burn, but the laws of physics apply to this diet as much as anything else.

• rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options

seafoods have a whole host of beneficial nutrients.[/quote]

It is advisable to abstain from shell fish while pregnant as mercury levels can be high.
    Every medical professional I have ever spoken to, warns against dieting for weight loss during pregnancy. As a diabetic I limit carbs to 60 grams per meal. That is considered healthy for me. If you are worried about gestational diabetes you could limit your carbs to a reasonable amount for diabetics. As your pregnancy progresses your metabolism can speed up. My doctor chewed my butt when I lost weight during pregnancy.[/quote]

Just an FYI for any diabetics who might be reading - every diabetic is at a different place in their disease and has a different ability to tolerate carbs. 60g per meal would put my sugars at dangerous levels, the most I can manage with exercise is 45g. And there are some who couldn't handle 45g. The only way to determine individual carb tolerance as a diabetic is through blood sugar testing after meals.

However, the OP hasn't given any explanation as to why her doctors and midwife think she needs to be on a carb restricted diet. OP, do you have family members with a history of diabetes? Any blood work which indicates this may be a problem for you in particular? Or is this just the same advice your team gives to everyone? I would definitely push for an explanation as to why they want you to restrict carbs so severely. I am a full fledged diabetic and I eat quinoa, potatoes, bananas, and rice, although I have to limit the amounts. What you are being advised to do sounds like very low carb dieting, which is certainly not standard advice for a healthy pregnancy.
  • skyblueusa
    skyblueusa Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Savithny, are you talking about the other post I linked? I'm not going to comment on every line in her post, but that's clearly not what the actual plan (which I linked) says