The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Options

Replies

• alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    Options
    Ironlady70 wrote: »
    Anyone else feel stuck??? Job, fitness, relationship?? Is it just age related ??

Depends on the day. Not age related for me. I have felt stuck in each of those situations at various times in my life. I remind myself that I am the one who has to change those situations.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    For those who are out of shape, senior adults, or have a disability that makes working out harder, check out the Eldergym site online. Run by a physical therapist with geriatric certification. There are free online resources, Youtube videos, a Facebook page, and a fee based option for those who can afford it. I have been using the program for a month now and seeing results in my core strength, flexibility, and balance.

Thank you so much for this info.. my dad will benefit from this I think.
  • lins_w
    lins_w Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi! It feels a bit odd to me responding to a "middle age" group, but I do turn 40 this year. :wink:
  • 11Templars
    11Templars Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    After the week from hell I spent time today hiking. Rhode Island has no true mountains but we do have some very tall hills. I tried Mt. Tom today. The summit is 402ft. I made 208ft. See thenledge begins me? That starts an incredibly step climb. Near vertical actually. I couldn’t do it with my asthma. So my new goal for the year is to develop stamina and make another attempt in the fall. Pardon the hat hair. qfj4ir2tecoa.jpeg

Good for you brother! You made it half way! Half! That's great.. One day at a time, and it'll all come into view for you. The important thing is, you're doing it! Lapping everyone on the couch.
  • aishmartin
    aishmartin Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    lins_w wrote: »
    Hi! It feels a bit odd to me responding to a "middle age" group, but I do turn 40 this year. :wink:

Happy early birthday!
  • fFinfan66
    fFinfan66 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    What’s up m’agers,day 100!Glad to see all are making headway.If I feel stuck,I know it’s just stinkin thinkin !We are all here for our reasons ,I go back to that reason that made me want to change!Its all baby steps,it took time to get this way.So it’s going to take time to get there.Keep on movin&shakin.
  • sarahep85
    sarahep85 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    33 yr old female here, currently down 30lbs, about 50 more to go! Would love new friends, anyone who can help guide me and help me learn even more. I've learned so much thr last 7 months, recently started fasting with keto. Please feel free to send me a friend request! Let's help each other be successful ;)
  • andykaag
    andykaag Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hello, I am 41, love to exercise after several years being non active . Used to love bodybuilding in my 20's. Now I am more into cardio, aerobic, kick boxing (basic for now) to maintain my shape.
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    Ironlady70 wrote: »
    Anyone else feel stuck??? Job, fitness, relationship?? Is it just age related ??

Yes! And I do believe in large part it is age related (for me)
  • ArdieAgain
    ArdieAgain Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I am on the older end of this list, and looking for similar friends - please add me. 55 and looking to lose 50 Lbs this year. Have to start somewhere... Please add me to your list!
  • TomFit18
    TomFit18 Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday peeps!
  • Anna022119
    Anna022119 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    IslandGal3 wrote: »
    Good morning everyone. It's a new day, new month, and it's Friday! Let's rock it!

Morning all! It's March, love the spring season.
  • robertkimble
    robertkimble Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Morning all, new here. Just signed up yesterday and trying to loose holiday weight.
  • hydrostation
    hydrostation Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Just hit 40 last March, approaching 41 this month... It hit me pretty hard mentally and then I told myself,.. "it's just another one of the other 39 birthdays I've had"

At 37+ my metabolism started to slow to a crawl and despite a perfect diet and routine exercise. It doesn't get easier, but I HIGHLY recommend (for guys at least) have your testosterone checked by a doc. Mine was that of a 85-95 year old man....

Feel free to add me or ask any questions you might have about my diet/routine that dropped me from 275lb to my current 190lb or my TRT (Testosterone Replacement Therapy) that I recently began.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    Good morning middle agers and hi newbies. Hope everyone is having a good weekend :)
  • justpeachy2274
    justpeachy2274 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Middle Ager here 🙋‍♀️
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    Add me up.
  • TomFit18
    TomFit18 Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    Good morning beautiful people..lets have a great weekend!
  • Anna022119
    Anna022119 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    Morning all!
  • SouthShore40ish
    SouthShore40ish Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Happy Saturday. Any daily bloggers looking for another MFP friend.