Need low calorie dessert recipes!

Options
kelli2486
kelli2486 Posts: 5 Member
Omg I have a sweet tooth that is out of control! Any low calorie recipes to help would be great!

Replies

• rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    Huge fan of small amounts of dark chocolate, also berries with Greek yogurt. Adding flavored extracts such as almond, vanilla, orange or peppermint, and cinnamon or ginger adds the illusion of sweetness with hardly any calories. I also like cacao powder - add to oatmeal, yogurt, coffee and it instantly tastes like dessert.
  • jordanlevin88
    jordanlevin88 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I like to make hot chocolate pudding and ready whip. Or sometimes I rage eat Halo Top ice cream (300cal/pint) and don’t feel bad.
  • angelsja
    angelsja Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    Meringue nests are only 50 cals each with some summer fruits and squirty cream, not sure if your UK or USA but pink and whites are low cal too. Individual weight watchers puddings are great, halo top ice cream
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    How low-calorie do you want to go? I keep my homemade desserts to 200 calories or fewer per serving. Diary's open if you'd like recipes. (Note: today was my nephew's birthday; I made an exception for the bakery cake.)
  • phoebe112476
    phoebe112476 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Things that help my sweet tooth:
    - Diet Coke
    - Mint gum
    - A pint of blackberries or blueberries mixed with a 110cal serving of chocolate pudding
    - Cottage doubles (I prefer the blueberry)
    - Sugar free jello (I prefer strawberry)
    - Small serving of whatever I am craving (two s’mores Girl Scout cookies at 150 cals tasted so good last night)
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,603 Member
    Options
    Another fairly innocent dessert I do is crepes with berry coulis. If you cook in a good non stick skillet (mine is stone coated), I find I don't need to add fat for cooking if there is a tablespoon of melted butter mixed into a batch of batter that serves 4. I use 2% milk in my batter.
  • chihuahuameme1
    chihuahuameme1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    acpgee wrote: »
    Here are some low fat dessert recipes. If you want to cut calories further, replace sugar with a substitute that can withstand cooking. You can't replace the sugar for the caramel topping of the creme caramel, but you could substitute it in the body of the custard. You can't replace sugar in the chocolate sorbet because sugar is what prevents the mixture from freezing too solid.

Creme Caramel
    I cook this in a plastic dish in the microwave on lowest setting, about 30 minutes until the center is barely set. Important to use plastic instead of glass which retains too much heat causing sides to turn into scrambled egg before center is set. I use 2% milk.
    https://www.bbc.com/food/recipes/classic_crme_caramel_44792

Banana Ice Cream
    You can skip fruit and sugar and flavor with cacao.
    https://www.donnahay.com.au/recipes/desserts-and-baking/banana-and-mango-ice-cream

English Summer Pudding
    Shockingly good and I can make this in about 10 minutes. The video shows how quick this is.
    https://www.bbc.com/food/recipes/summerpudding_90295

Chocolate Sorbet.
    Also google coffee and fruit granitas. You can't substitute sugar in this one. A dash of liqueur or vodka also helps this from freezing too solid. I don't have an ice cream maker so freeze in a shallow metal tray, taking it out to mash the frozen edges every 30 minutes and push these to the center until I have a tray full of frozen slush about 3 hours later. If you want a still softer texture, blitz in the food processor before putting it in a container to keep frozen.
    https://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/chocolate-sorbet-238249

These don;t have the nutritional values like calories. I guess I just have to put them in as a recipe and see if I want to use them?

• manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    This is my go to sweet dessert.

Tesco meringue nest - 51 Cals
    One pot of muller bliss corner raspberry whipped yoghurt- 129 Cals
    6 fresh raspberries.

Put meringue nest in bowl spoon on yoghurt, spoon on raspberry sauce from the corner and top with fresh raspberries. (or fruit of your choice) break up meringue with spoon.

You now have a low calorie version of Eaton Mess, you are very welcome :)<3:)
  • rxkelli
    rxkelli Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My current fave: 4 large strawberries (24 cal) sliced and soaked overnight in 1/4 cup spelnda (24 cal) and a 1/4 cup water. Toast an eggo waffle (80 cal) and place soaked strawberries with syrupy juice on top. Top with 2 tbsp of fat free cool whip (20 cal)= 148 calories. Like a state fair belgian waffle! Key is to let the strawberries soak overnight so they're sweet. I usually soak up to 3 servings of strawberries at a time.
  • jesspen91
    jesspen91 Posts: 1,383 Member
    Options
    Not a recipe but Fibre One bars hit my sweet spot at 90 calories
  • purplefizzy
    purplefizzy Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    PAPYRUS3 wrote: »

I hear he also takes consistently fantastic food pics.
  • its_me_april
    its_me_april Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    the cheesecake above! Also, my "goat" while dieting is a night cap of greek yogurt, sweetener, cinnamon, vanilla frozen strawberries, PB if I need the fats all whipped up in a blender topped with whip topping / pecans if I have the allotment for it. So delicious!
  • Leyla_Oz
    Leyla_Oz Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Here's a 1-minute dessert recipe, which is usually enough to satisfy my sweet cravings:

2-3 tbsp Greek Yoghurt (0% fat)
    A handful of berries
    A drizzle of honey
    A shake of cinnamon
    5 crushed almonds

Just layer the ingredients and enjoy :)
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Sugar free Jello-10 calories per cup. You can eat a ton of it!