Protein Donuts using your favorite protein pancake mix
Here I used flapjacked buttermilk, but you can use any "just add water" brand (or make your own out of whey isolate, baking powder, and flour).
The icing is just a serving of chocolate pb2 mixed with unsweetened almond milk (not in nutrient panel above)
For flavoring I used oh my spice birthday cake flavoring, if you're using cocoa powder or pb2 or similar for the flavoring you might want to up it to about 20g instead of 10 as the flavor really didn't come through for me.
The portions of yogurt, apple sauce, and almond milk don't need to be exact. "about" 40g each of apple and yogurt, and just keep splashing almond milk (or milk of your choice) in until you get a pancake batter like consistency.
If you don't have donut molds, I did this the other week in a cake pan.
Other icing idea is greek yogurt mixed with a bit of whey or casein (casein is a little creamier if you have it on hand).
Optional: Add splenda/sweetner/honey to either the batter or the icing to taste.
Bake roughly 10-12min at 350 degrees for 6 donuts.
I just bought my donut mold and this is my first batch of protein donuts and wanted to share! They came out amazing!
- 1.5M All Categories
- 1.4M Health, Wellness and Goals
- 380.3K Introduce Yourself
- 41.7K Getting Started
- 256.8K Health and Weight Loss
- 173.9K Food and Nutrition
- 46.9K Recipes
- 230.9K Fitness and Exercise
- 213 Sleep, Mindfulness and Overall Wellness
- 6.3K Goal: Maintaining Weight
- 8.2K Goal: Gaining Weight and Body Building
- 72.6K Success Stories
- 151.1K Motivation and Support
- 6.9K Challenges
- 1.2K Debate Club
- 95.7K Chit-Chat
- 2.4K Fun and Games
- 296 MyFitnessPal Information
- 15 News and Announcements
- 85 Feature Suggestions and Ideas
- 196 MyFitnessPal Tech Support Questions