Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Protein Donuts using your favorite protein pancake mix

Replies

• just_Tomekjust_Tomek Posts: 7,279Member Member Posts: 7,279Member Member
    I just saw flapjacked mix for the first time, and it was in the bargain bin. Cinnamon apple. I happened to buy donut trays last weekend for a recipe that sucked. Thank heaven I found this! Making these in about an hour!

And????!?!?!
  • smokinbluegrasssmokinbluegrass Posts: 126Member Member Posts: 126Member Member
    crazyravr wrote: »

And????!?!?!

Well, they didn't suck. I used the recipe on the bag. I forgot I didn't have applesauce and was going to chop up some apple, but forgot. I did add a tablespoon of vanilla extract and 25g of my favorite vanilla whey isolate. So, they're a bit dry, but I'm dunking them, which helps. Next time, will make sure I have applesauce on hand. The recipe on the bag said it made 9, but it made 12 in my pans.
    edited October 2017
  • steelaxitute2127steelaxitute2127 Posts: 159Member Member Posts: 159Member Member
    Omg, yes!!!! I'm loving this thread!!!
  • clicketykeysclicketykeys Posts: 3,524Member Member Posts: 3,524Member Member
    If you make your own protein mix, is there a way to add that recipe as an ingredient in a baking recipe? Or can you only enter it as an item in a meal?
    If you make your own protein mix, is there a way to add that recipe as an ingredient in a baking recipe? Or can you only enter it as an item in a meal?

Add each ingredient manually to the recipe.
  • emcclure013emcclure013 Posts: 231Member Member Posts: 231Member Member
    My creation from last night. As shown the 3 were under 100cal. Yes. 100cal for all 3

@crazyravr What did you use for your glaze? Those look amazing!
    PB2 with cashew milk for the spread, Walden FArms chocolate syrup for the well.... you know :)
  • clicketykeysclicketykeys Posts: 3,524Member Member Posts: 3,524Member Member

Add each ingredient manually to the recipe.

I'm ... ugh, I think the math would suck. Like... I use a recipe to make the mix that makes way more mix than I need for a set of donuts. Soooo then I think I would have to ... weigh the finished mix, use the number of ounces as the number of ser... no, that doesn't work.

Screw it, the macros on the DIY mix are close. I'm just using the brand version when I log it. :P
  • colorfulcoquettecolorfulcoquette Posts: 94Member Member Posts: 94Member Member
    My creation from last night. As shown the 3 were under 100cal. Yes. 100cal for all 3.

ch5z8cpwetu3.jpg

Deep fried donuts they are definitely not, but if you think of them as donut shaped cakes, AMAZING :)

Would you mind sharing your recipe please? They look amazing and 100 cal for all 3 is fantastic!

• rose2_0rose2_0 Posts: 146Member Member Posts: 146Member Member
    Ugh. I have used my oven about 5 times in 10 years....I should try this though.
  • pinggolfer96pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,255Member Member Posts: 2,255Member Member
    nice! id try pumpkin puree too! I make protein cake with similar components
    My creation from last night. As shown the 3 were under 100cal. Yes. 100cal for all 3.

ch5z8cpwetu3.jpg

Deep fried donuts they are definitely not, but if you think of them as donut shaped cakes, AMAZING :)

Would you mind sharing your recipe please? They look amazing and 100 cal for all 3 is fantastic!

Get:
    2 tbsp Coconut Flour
    2 tbsp Almond or Cashew Milk
    0.50 tsp Baking Powder
    1 tsp Stevia or any Sweetener
    3 Egg Whites

Make:
    Whip the egg whites until nice and firm.
    Mix all the other ingredients and add to the egg whites.
    Gently fold everything until mixed through.
    Spray your donut pan and add the mix.
    Bake 10 minutes at 350F

Nutrition Facts
    Servings 1.0
    Amount Per Serving
    calories 115
    % Daily Value *
    Total Fat 4 g 6 %
    Saturated Fat 2 g 10 %
    Monounsaturated Fat 0 g
    Polyunsaturated Fat 0 g
    Trans Fat 0 g
    Cholesterol 0 mg 0 %
    Sodium 247 mg 10 %
    Potassium 166 mg 5 %
    Total Carbohydrate 9 g 3 %
    Dietary Fiber 5 g 21 %
    Sugars 2 g
    Protein 13 g 26 %
    Vitamin A 1 %
    Vitamin C 0 %
    Calcium 7 %
    Iron 10 %
  • GeocitiesuserGeocitiesuser Posts: 1,416Member Member Posts: 1,416Member Member
    Seeing this thread spring back to life I see some donuts in my future. Not to long ago I mixed in dried blueberries and made a glaze of coconut oil and stevia. So good.

If you weigh out the coconut oil (measure before dip, then measure what's left after dipping), it adds a surprisingly low amount of calories.
  • TheFlyOnTheWallTheFlyOnTheWall Posts: 60Member Member Posts: 60Member Member
    Came across this thread while searching for something last night. My silicone donut tray will be here Monday! :p

I'm going to have to set up some sort of calendar to keep track of when I want to make cheesecake, angel food cake, and donuts LOL

So many awesome recipes and ideas - thank you to all who keep coming up with these!
    Came across this thread while searching for something last night. My silicone donut tray will be here Monday! :p

I'm going to have to set up some sort of calendar to keep track of when I want to make cheesecake, angel food cake, and donuts LOL

So many awesome recipes and ideas - thank you to all who keep coming up with these!

Post back once you make some.
  • jeffrey_adjeffrey_ad Posts: 368Member, Premium Member Posts: 368Member, Premium Member
    Looks great! I think I need some of those molds now!
  • amusedmonkeyamusedmonkey Posts: 9,681Member Member Posts: 9,681Member Member
    Me likes! Here's 5 Insanely Delicious Protein Mug Cake Recipes to compliment that.

I wish I wasn't lazy. I like the IDEA of these, but not the process. Half the things I either don't have or have to do myself, like grind almonds/oats...etc. I would much rather just buy a piece of cake from the bakery and eat half than deal with grinding and washing dishes. I kind of feel protein stuff is almost always inferior to the real stuff, so almost always it isn't worth putting in the effort.

How many times I planned to make something then just ended up buying something + drinking a protein shake instead for similar macros. Wish there was a cure for laziness.

ETA: I do make protein mug cakes, but as basic as it gets (protein powder+baking soda and a bit of liquid), but only because it's easier to wash mugs than it is to wash shakers.
    edited September 2018
  • Sallyw2004Sallyw2004 Posts: 117Member Member Posts: 117Member Member

ch5z8cpwetu3.jpg

Get:
    2 tbsp Coconut Flour
    2 tbsp Almond or Cashew Milk
    0.50 tsp Baking Powder
    1 tsp Stevia or any Sweetener
    3 Egg Whites

Make:
    Whip the egg whites until nice and firm.
    Mix all the other ingredients and add to the egg whites.
    Gently fold everything until mixed through.
    Spray your donut pan and add the mix.
    Bake 10 minutes at 350F

Nutrition Facts
    Servings 1.0
    Amount Per Serving
    calories 115
    % Daily Value *
    Total Fat 4 g 6 %
    Saturated Fat 2 g 10 %
    Monounsaturated Fat 0 g
    Polyunsaturated Fat 0 g
    Trans Fat 0 g
    Cholesterol 0 mg 0 %
    Sodium 247 mg 10 %
    Potassium 166 mg 5 %
    Total Carbohydrate 9 g 3 %
    Dietary Fiber 5 g 21 %
    Sugars 2 g
    Protein 13 g 26 %
    Vitamin A 1 %
    Vitamin C 0 %
    Calcium 7 %
    Iron 10 %

I finally made this recipe this afternoon! They came out beautiful and were delicious. I’d have a hard time believing something this good could be so low calorie if I hadn’t made them myself! Exactly as written (baked for 12 min instead of 10) it made 12 amazing little mini donuts. I added a really nice spice blend (cinnamon, nutmeg, anise) to the mix, then sprinkled a little more on top after they came out of the oven. I can’t get my picture to add, so I’ll make a separate post. Thank you for sharing this amazing recipe!