Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:
Possible Fitbit Downtime Thursday, November 14th between 22:30 and 23:00 PDT. Please see our Support Announcement for more details.

Protein Donuts using your favorite protein pancake mix

Replies

• Kimmotion5783Kimmotion5783 Posts: 408Member Member Posts: 408Member Member
    Thank you so much for the recipe! This sounds delicious, I'm going to try it, maybe with chocolate whey protein!
  • jdduignanjdduignan Posts: 9Member Member Posts: 9Member Member
  • iowalindaiowalinda Posts: 337Member Member Posts: 337Member Member
    crazyravr wrote: »
    the idea of this thread is that the donuts are protein rich and low calorie NOT high fat and high calorie.

Tom, where can I find your recipe for the frosting?

• just_Tomekjust_Tomek Posts: 7,245Member Member Posts: 7,245Member Member
    iowalinda wrote: »
    the idea of this thread is that the donuts are protein rich and low calorie NOT high fat and high calorie.

Tom, where can I find your recipe for the frosting?

Here I just used simple PB2 mixed with some cashew milk until its the right consistancy (spreadable) and it will set a bit a more more once spread. Drizzled with Walden Farms chocolate syrup.
    In the cheesecake thread I have posted frosting that I use for the cheesecake. If you cant find it I will repost or msg you.
  • iowalindaiowalinda Posts: 337Member Member Posts: 337Member Member
    Here I just used simple PB2 mixed with some cashew milk until its the right consistancy (spreadable) and it will set a bit a more more once spread. Drizzled with Walden Farms chocolate syrup.
    In the cheesecake thread I have posted frosting that I use for the cheesecake. If you cant find it I will repost or msg you.

Thanks, Tom. You are the best. And the best cook :)

iowalinda wrote: »

Thanks, Tom. You are the best. And the best cook :)

False advertising lol :)
  • Jenneke0269Jenneke0269 Posts: 28Member Member Posts: 28Member Member
    I made these for the first time today, using the OP's recipe. They don't taste great, but they're not as bad as a lot of diet foods. I did chocolate with a chocolate casein "frosting". The taste honestly reminds me of a somewhat stale Hostess cake.

edit: If I could get it to work, I'd post a picture of them. 😑
    edited November 2018
  • allarounddiceallarounddice Posts: 39Member, Premium Member Posts: 39Member, Premium Member
    Those donuts look delish
  • TheFlyOnTheWallTheFlyOnTheWall Posts: 60Member Member Posts: 60Member Member
    I followed a tip posted by someone earlier and put them in the toaster oven for a few minutes to crisp them up a bit - made a big difference!

I don't have any Walden's chocolate syrup yet, I just have the pancake syrup

(crazyravr's recipe)

oudqlytualez.jpg

edited November 2018
    I followed a tip posted by someone earlier and put them in the toaster oven for a few minutes to crisp them up a bit - made a big difference!

(crazyravr's recipe)

oudqlytualez.jpg

Nice!!!!! I do the same thing. Never eat them cold and never from a microwave.
  • chelllsea124chelllsea124 Posts: 336Member Member Posts: 336Member Member

(crazyravr's recipe)

oudqlytualez.jpg

Genius idea to put them in the toaster oven!

(crazyravr's recipe)

oudqlytualez.jpg

Genius idea to put them in the toaster oven!

Make them, make few batches and freeze them individually.
    Take out as many as you need and then into toaster oven :)
  • hesn92hesn92 Posts: 5,590Member Member Posts: 5,590Member Member
    I didn't even know protein pancake mix was a thing lol. :D Now I want some.
  • PAPYRUS3PAPYRUS3 Posts: 4,441Member Member Posts: 4,441Member Member
    4tu7set5mzl9.jpg

Managed to get 11 this time...whipping it for a long time sure helped
  • twdlove89twdlove89 Posts: 95Member Member Posts: 95Member Member
    Omg I’ve gotta try this 😳
    twdlove89 wrote: »
    Omg I’ve gotta try this 😳

If you liked the cheesecake you gonna love these. As long as you have the silicone pans from amazon its stupid easy and you can make a whole batch for later.
    PAPYRUS3 wrote: »
    4tu7set5mzl9.jpg

Managed to get 11 this time...whipping it for a long time sure helped

Almost look like popovers :)
    8 calories each this time - certainly not as 'substantial' as ones filling the doughnut molds til 'full'. Added a tbsp. of cocoa powder this time too. I keep under baking them...silly me
    airrds9pjjvx.jpg
    8 calories each this time - certainly not as 'substantial' as ones filling the doughnut molds til 'full'. Added a tbsp. of cocoa powder this time too. I keep under baking them...silly me
    airrds9pjjvx.jpg

ok to underbake... just pop them into the toaster before eating. Also, if you use frosting, it spreads easier on warm donuts.
    just_Tomek wrote: »
    airrds9pjjvx.jpg

ok to underbake... just pop them into the toaster before eating. Also, if you use frosting, it spreads easier on warm donuts.

Yes...I usually put in toaster - even if I've actually baked them properly lol...

I'm still not tired of these and have made countless batches - glad you posted :)