Calorie Counter

Message Boards Recipes
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Protein Donuts using your favorite protein pancake mix

1234568

Replies

  • Kimmotion5783Kimmotion5783 Member Posts: 417 Member Member Posts: 417 Member
    Thank you so much for the recipe! This sounds delicious, I'm going to try it, maybe with chocolate whey protein!
  • jdduignanjdduignan Member Posts: 9 Member Member Posts: 9 Member
  • iowalindaiowalinda Member Posts: 338 Member Member Posts: 338 Member
    crazyravr wrote: »
    the idea of this thread is that the donuts are protein rich and low calorie NOT high fat and high calorie.

    Tom, where can I find your recipe for the frosting?

  • just_Tomekjust_Tomek Member Posts: 8,884 Member Member Posts: 8,884 Member
    iowalinda wrote: »
    crazyravr wrote: »
    the idea of this thread is that the donuts are protein rich and low calorie NOT high fat and high calorie.

    Tom, where can I find your recipe for the frosting?

    Here I just used simple PB2 mixed with some cashew milk until its the right consistancy (spreadable) and it will set a bit a more more once spread. Drizzled with Walden Farms chocolate syrup.
    In the cheesecake thread I have posted frosting that I use for the cheesecake. If you cant find it I will repost or msg you.
  • iowalindaiowalinda Member Posts: 338 Member Member Posts: 338 Member
    crazyravr wrote: »
    Here I just used simple PB2 mixed with some cashew milk until its the right consistancy (spreadable) and it will set a bit a more more once spread. Drizzled with Walden Farms chocolate syrup.
    In the cheesecake thread I have posted frosting that I use for the cheesecake. If you cant find it I will repost or msg you.


    Thanks, Tom. You are the best. And the best cook :)

  • just_Tomekjust_Tomek Member Posts: 8,884 Member Member Posts: 8,884 Member
    iowalinda wrote: »
    crazyravr wrote: »
    Here I just used simple PB2 mixed with some cashew milk until its the right consistancy (spreadable) and it will set a bit a more more once spread. Drizzled with Walden Farms chocolate syrup.
    In the cheesecake thread I have posted frosting that I use for the cheesecake. If you cant find it I will repost or msg you.


    Thanks, Tom. You are the best. And the best cook :)

    False advertising lol :)
  • Jenneke0269Jenneke0269 Member Posts: 28 Member Member Posts: 28 Member
    I made these for the first time today, using the OP's recipe. They don't taste great, but they're not as bad as a lot of diet foods. I did chocolate with a chocolate casein "frosting". The taste honestly reminds me of a somewhat stale Hostess cake.

    edit: If I could get it to work, I'd post a picture of them. 😑
    edited November 2018
  • allarounddiceallarounddice Member, Premium Posts: 39 Member Member, Premium Posts: 39 Member
    Those donuts look delish
  • TheFlyOnTheWallTheFlyOnTheWall Member Posts: 61 Member Member Posts: 61 Member
    I followed a tip posted by someone earlier and put them in the toaster oven for a few minutes to crisp them up a bit - made a big difference!

    I don't have any Walden's chocolate syrup yet, I just have the pancake syrup

    (crazyravr's recipe)

    oudqlytualez.jpg


    edited November 2018
  • just_Tomekjust_Tomek Member Posts: 8,884 Member Member Posts: 8,884 Member
    I followed a tip posted by someone earlier and put them in the toaster oven for a few minutes to crisp them up a bit - made a big difference!

    I don't have any Walden's chocolate syrup yet, I just have the pancake syrup

    (crazyravr's recipe)

    oudqlytualez.jpg


    Nice!!!!! I do the same thing. Never eat them cold and never from a microwave.
  • chelllsea124chelllsea124 Member Posts: 336 Member Member Posts: 336 Member
    crazyravr wrote: »
    I followed a tip posted by someone earlier and put them in the toaster oven for a few minutes to crisp them up a bit - made a big difference!

    I don't have any Walden's chocolate syrup yet, I just have the pancake syrup

    (crazyravr's recipe)

    oudqlytualez.jpg


    Nice!!!!! I do the same thing. Never eat them cold and never from a microwave.

    Genius idea to put them in the toaster oven!
  • just_Tomekjust_Tomek Member Posts: 8,884 Member Member Posts: 8,884 Member
    crazyravr wrote: »
    I followed a tip posted by someone earlier and put them in the toaster oven for a few minutes to crisp them up a bit - made a big difference!

    I don't have any Walden's chocolate syrup yet, I just have the pancake syrup

    (crazyravr's recipe)

    oudqlytualez.jpg


    Nice!!!!! I do the same thing. Never eat them cold and never from a microwave.

    Genius idea to put them in the toaster oven!

    Make them, make few batches and freeze them individually.
    Take out as many as you need and then into toaster oven :)
  • hesn92hesn92 Member Posts: 5,851 Member Member Posts: 5,851 Member
    I didn't even know protein pancake mix was a thing lol. :D Now I want some.
  • PAPYRUS3PAPYRUS3 Member Posts: 6,187 Member Member Posts: 6,187 Member
    4tu7set5mzl9.jpg

    Managed to get 11 this time...whipping it for a long time sure helped
  • twdlove89twdlove89 Member Posts: 95 Member Member Posts: 95 Member
    Omg I’ve gotta try this 😳
  • just_Tomekjust_Tomek Member Posts: 8,884 Member Member Posts: 8,884 Member
    twdlove89 wrote: »
    Omg I’ve gotta try this 😳

    If you liked the cheesecake you gonna love these. As long as you have the silicone pans from amazon its stupid easy and you can make a whole batch for later.
    PAPYRUS3 wrote: »
    4tu7set5mzl9.jpg

    Managed to get 11 this time...whipping it for a long time sure helped

    Almost look like popovers :)
  • PAPYRUS3PAPYRUS3 Member Posts: 6,187 Member Member Posts: 6,187 Member
    8 calories each this time - certainly not as 'substantial' as ones filling the doughnut molds til 'full'. Added a tbsp. of cocoa powder this time too. I keep under baking them...silly me
    airrds9pjjvx.jpg
  • just_Tomekjust_Tomek Member Posts: 8,884 Member Member Posts: 8,884 Member
    PAPYRUS3 wrote: »
    8 calories each this time - certainly not as 'substantial' as ones filling the doughnut molds til 'full'. Added a tbsp. of cocoa powder this time too. I keep under baking them...silly me
    airrds9pjjvx.jpg

    ok to underbake... just pop them into the toaster before eating. Also, if you use frosting, it spreads easier on warm donuts.
  • PAPYRUS3PAPYRUS3 Member Posts: 6,187 Member Member Posts: 6,187 Member
    just_Tomek wrote: »
    PAPYRUS3 wrote: »
    8 calories each this time - certainly not as 'substantial' as ones filling the doughnut molds til 'full'. Added a tbsp. of cocoa powder this time too. I keep under baking them...silly me
    airrds9pjjvx.jpg

    ok to underbake... just pop them into the toaster before eating. Also, if you use frosting, it spreads easier on warm donuts.

    Yes...I usually put in toaster - even if I've actually baked them properly lol...

    I'm still not tired of these and have made countless batches - glad you posted :)
Sign In or Register to comment.