Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Protein Donuts using your favorite protein pancake mix

Replies

• chelllsea124chelllsea124 Posts: 336Member Member Posts: 336Member Member
    Yeah, these donuts were the bomb.com
  • GeocitiesuserGeocitiesuser Posts: 1,416Member Member Posts: 1,416Member Member
    I also bought the same exact molds pictured above and they were amazing. I didn’t use any non stick spray and the donuts just popped right out.

Awesome! I'm glad my recipe contributed! I've been eating protein donuts for breakfast pretty much every weekend morning, and the silicone tray still works PERFECT, you might want to still use some spray though, just in case. I'm in love with making glaze/frosting with casein and almond milk now, so I bought 5lbs today. Apparently if you whip casein protein with almond milk it gets the consistency of pudding that is pretty much perfect for dipping a donut in. Tomorrow's breakfast... gonna be so good. lol.
    I also bought the same exact molds pictured above and they were amazing. I didn’t use any non stick spray and the donuts just popped right out.

Awesome! I'm glad my recipe contributed! I've been eating protein donuts for breakfast pretty much every weekend morning, and the silicone tray still works PERFECT, you might want to still use some spray though, just in case. I'm in love with making glaze/frosting with casein and almond milk now, so I bought 5lbs today. Apparently if you whip casein protein with almond milk it gets the consistency of pudding that is pretty much perfect for dipping a donut in. Tomorrow's breakfast... gonna be so good. lol.

I don't even know what casein protein is... omg help me
  • GeocitiesuserGeocitiesuser Posts: 1,416Member Member Posts: 1,416Member Member
    jenilla1 wrote: »
    I wish the donuts in all these posts tasted as good as they look. I've been hurt too many times ...

I feel that way about 90% of recipes on proteinpow, but these are pretty damn good for what they are. The trick is that they're really just donut shaped pancakes with an egg and some shortener to cake them up and sweeten them a bit more. Since the base is protein pancake mix the right ratios of baking powder, whey, and flour are taken care of.
  • DresdenSinnDresdenSinn Posts: 665Member, Premium Member Posts: 665Member, Premium Member
    I don't even know what casein protein is... omg help me

Casein is a slow digesting protein derived from milk, Optimum Nutrition manufactures a lovely casein protein powder in a variety of flavors ; )

• pedermj2002pedermj2002 Posts: 184Member, Premium Member Posts: 184Member, Premium Member
    I actually bought the ingredients I didn't have just to try these out. The results are rather pleasing. Sure, they're not store bought super sweet, but they are tasty, and they are filling. I think I'll be making these as part of my rotation of stuff to help me reduce total intake.

Thank you!
    I actually bought the ingredients I didn't have just to try these out. The results are rather pleasing. Sure, they're not store bought super sweet, but they are tasty, and they are filling. I think I'll be making these as part of my rotation of stuff to help me reduce total intake.

Thank you!

Glad you like them! I've been eating a batch of donuts pretty much every weekend lately.

I've been playing with ingredients/amounts. My current recipe is

100g flapjacked pancake mix (or mix of choosing)
    0-20g flavoring (cocoa, splash of vanilla extract, whatever you want)
    50g apple sauce
    10g honey
    1 large egg
    Then splash in almond milk until you get the right consistency (somewhere between 1/4 cup and 1/2 cup I think)

Lately I ice them all with casein protein pudding. Mmmmm. half scoop of casein whey (any flavor, but must be casein) and whisk in almond milk until it is a pudding texture. Delicious.
    I think I'm going to try honey next. Sounds yummy!
  • LounmounLounmoun Posts: 8,433Member Member Posts: 8,433Member Member
    Are people still making these doughnuts?
  • ElvenToadElvenToad Posts: 644Member Member Posts: 644Member Member
    Lounmoun wrote: »

I still make a batch of these every week for my husband. He has a weakness for donuts and he loves these! Plus he can eat 3 of them for 350 calories. His favorite so far is pumpkin with maple icing <3
    edited August 2017
    I will never stop making them haha. They're not as sweet as a "real" donut, but if you want to add more sweetener you can. It's basically a fun way to cake up pancake mix and cook it in a donut mold.
    ElvenToad wrote: »
    Lounmoun wrote: »

I still make a batch of these every week for my husband. He has a weakness for donuts and he loves these! Plus he can eat 3 of them for 350 calories. His favorite so far is pumpkin with maple icing <3

That sound really good!
    I will never stop making them haha. They're not as sweet as a "real" donut, but if you want to add more sweetener you can. It's basically a fun way to cake up pancake mix and cook it in a donut mold.

Have the doughnut pans but not the protein pancake mix. I'll have to order some to try it out. :)
  • just_Tomekjust_Tomek Posts: 7,236Member Member Posts: 7,236Member Member

This. Also you can mix in fruits into the mix and call it blueberry or apple fritters lol :)
    Anyone still making these?
  • alltheweigh170alltheweigh170 Posts: 290Member Member Posts: 290Member Member
    crazyravr wrote: »

Your post brought this to the top and I just ordered the donut mold. :-) So gotta try it out! Where are your pics for motivation @crazyravr ?
  • dawnmc2011dawnmc2011 Posts: 4Member Member Posts: 4Member Member
    I just made these with Kodiak Cakes Pumpkin Mix. I made an icing with Walden Farms maple syrup and swerve. They are so good
    crazyravr wrote: »

Your post brought this to the top and I just ordered the donut mold. :-) So gotta try it out! Where are your pics for motivation @crazyravr ?

Should be in the meal look like section, but I will post some here as well haha. They dont look any better or worse than the ones posted here. I just dont use the ready mixes (too $$$) but I make mine with coconut flour.
    edited September 2017
  • smokinbluegrasssmokinbluegrass Posts: 126Member Member Posts: 126Member Member
    I just saw flapjacked mix for the first time, and it was in the bargain bin. Cinnamon apple. I happened to buy donut trays last weekend for a recipe that sucked. Thank heaven I found this! Making these in about an hour!