Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Protein Donuts using your favorite protein pancake mix

Replies

• DresdenSinnDresdenSinn Posts: 665Member, Premium Member Posts: 665Member, Premium Member
    I ordered the birthday cake protein powder on saturday and it still hasn't shipped. i'm gonna flip out. :s :D

That's why I'm an Amazon Prime member..free 2 day shipping! The $99/yr membership more than pays for itself!

• chelllsea124chelllsea124 Posts: 336Member Member Posts: 336Member Member
    I ordered the birthday cake protein powder on saturday and it still hasn't shipped. i'm gonna flip out. :s :D

That's why I'm an Amazon Prime member..free 2 day shipping! The $99/yr membership more than pays for itself!

I ordered from amazon! They didn't even process the order yet! I've never experienced this.
  • GeocitiesuserGeocitiesuser Posts: 1,416Member Member Posts: 1,416Member Member
    I have ON birthday cake whey and I'm not really impressed tbqh. Best way I can describe it, is that it's just sweet, but there's no real distinct flavor to it. What brand did you get? Let me know how you like it. I love birthday cake flavor everything, but ON missed the mark for me.
    I have ON birthday cake whey and I'm not really impressed tbqh. Best way I can describe it, is that it's just sweet, but there's no real distinct flavor to it. What brand did you get? Let me know how you like it. I love birthday cake flavor everything, but ON missed the mark for me.

I got Oh My Spice... I'll let ya know what I think if it ever gets here
  • GeocitiesuserGeocitiesuser Posts: 1,416Member Member Posts: 1,416Member Member
    ^ Oh okay, yes, I have that too. If you use it, you might want to bump up to 20g to get the flavor to come through. Sometimes I use it in my yogurt also :)
    ^ Oh okay, yes, I have that too. If you use it, you might want to bump up to 20g to get the flavor to come through. Sometimes I use it in my yogurt also :)

That's a great idea
    Those look amazeballs, especially the glaze! I'm debating if I want to stick with birthday cake flavor or go with chocolate tomorrow for breakfast. Decisions decisions. Protein donuts make me happy. I'm thinking of using a nonfat cream cheese as the base for my glaze this time.
    Those look amazeballs, especially the glaze! I'm debating if I want to stick with birthday cake flavor or go with chocolate tomorrow for breakfast. Decisions decisions. Protein donuts make me happy. I'm thinking of using a nonfat cream cheese as the base for my glaze this time.

I cancelled my last order with amazon because after a week, the items still didn't ship. so this time around I ordered the protein powder and the donut pan. Lets hope it doesn't take a week. lol!

I cancelled my last order with amazon because after a week, the items still didn't ship. so this time around I ordered the protein powder and the donut pan. Lets hope it doesn't take a week. lol!

Do you have prime? Anytime I've had a problem with orders using prime, they've always given me the product for free, so it's worth complaining via phone or chat if you have an hour to kill sometimes.

I tried putting brownie mix in my donut tray but they didn't hold together. I think it's because I didn't let the brownies cool. Back to donuts ;)
    I finally complained to Amazon and they added one day shipping to my items. They'll be here tomorrow by 8PM.
  • just_Tomekjust_Tomek Posts: 7,262Member Member Posts: 7,262Member Member
    Guess what showed up in the mail yesterday and what I will be baking this weekend haha :)
    My donut pan and birthday cake mix should be here today!!!
    crazyravr wrote: »
    Guess what showed up in the mail yesterday and what I will be baking this weekend haha :)

protein cheesecake in a donut shape? :joy: I've already decided you are head chef on this forum, so I eagerly await to hear about your results and tweaks.

I'm very tempted to make donut shaped meatloaf this weekend. Very very tempted.
  • mom23mangosmom23mangos Posts: 2,830Member Member Posts: 2,830Member Member
    I've made the apple donuts from the flapJacked recipe and they came out really nice. I was just thinking recently I need to make more donuts. Thanks for the inspiration.
  • just_Tomekjust_Tomek Posts: 7,262Member Member Posts: 7,262Member Member

protein cheesecake in a donut shape?

Nope. It will dry out :)

I'm very tempted to make donut shaped meatloaf this weekend. Very very tempted.

Been there done that. Also too dry. For small portion control is best in silicon muffin cups :)

This time raspberry donuts with vanilla glaze. They came out a little too soggy but sure if it was too much raspberry puree/raspberry chunks, or too much almond milk (?) Delicious though. Especially frosting made of casein and almond milk. I might have to buy more casein just to make pudding and frostings out of since this was the last of mine.

uwuKrws.jpg

IicJLFb.png

notes: I pureed roughly half the raspberries and put that in the batter with the egg and almond milk, then I folded in the rest of the raspberries after cutting them in half. The batter 'looked' right and puffed up okay, but it was just too moist and as I dipped them in the glaze they were at risk of falling apart so I had to be careful.
    edited July 2017
    Ok, so I made the birthday cake donuts today. They were pretty good. I bumped up the protein powder ( as recommended) and the flavor pulled through nicely. I really like these and I'll definitely be making more!
    Also, I want to note that another reason I added more protein was because I (in general) just wanted more protein in this recipe. Each donut contains 10g of protein, which is perfect for me right now.
    I also bought the same exact molds pictured above and they were amazing. I didn’t use any non stick spray and the donuts just popped right out.