janinemarie830 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    barbie3231 wrote: »
    Love Christine @ gaugegirl training....

Thank you! I will look into her :)
  • savithny
    savithny Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    I didn't ask for someone to make me a free meal plan. I asked where people that have meal plans got theirs.

And people are saying they got theirs from dietitians or doctors!

Some of the popular diet books also have meal plans in them. Pretty sure that South Beach Diet has a cookbook with meal plans, for example. There's another, newer take on South Beach by some different doctor (yet another 'phased' plan) that has recipes and meal plans as well.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    I really appreciate your help and advice but I am specifically looking for a meal plan by a professional.

The majority of professionals I know won't work for free and would likely give you similar advice as what you are getting here, just a bit more detailed. For example, recommend number of calories per day, and goals for fats, proteins, and carbs (including fibre). They don't generally sit down and tell you to eat this much spinach, with this much cheese, and this much salad dressing for lunch on Tuesdays. I'd be suspicious of any meal plans that are that specific. What happens if they tell you this and you don't like spinach? You still won't stick with it. The best plan is the one you will stick with, and that is going to come from foods you like.

My suggestion: start with logging everything you eat for the next week or two without making any changes. At the end of the week, review those logs. See if you are significantly over or under anywhere, and look for changes that you can make that will bring you closer to your goals. Focus on what you are moving towards, not what you are giving up. Make a few changes and do that for a couple weeks, then review again. Keep doing this until you are happy with your plan.

I didn't ask for someone to make me a free meal plan. I asked where people that have meal plans got theirs.

And you got the answer several times. Ask your doctor for a referral to a Registered Dietician. A large part of their practice is developing meal plans.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,614 Member
    Options
    Piyo also comes with a meal plan. I can borrow the set from the library for free. See if your library has it or can get it for you.
    My friend has a dietitian/nutritionist because she is vegetarian and wanted to make sure she was eating properly. She shared it with me. It basically says how many servings to eat of protein, carbs, fat, veggies in each meal and then a list of foods that fit each category. Is that more or less what you're looking for?
  • Back_4_more
    Back_4_more Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I've watched many videos, I'm not going to stick to it if I make the plan myself.
    With this attitude I doubt you will stick to a pro plan. It's not going to work until you are ready to make it happen.
  • neugebauer52
    neugebauer52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    I prepare a basic meal plan the evening before. There are 3 considerations: 1) what I would like to eat, 2) if there is anything planned for the next day like going out for a meal and 3) my meal plan needs to fit within the MFP suggested daily calories. I keep it simple, take it day by day, meal by meal.
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    Options
    Why would you not stick to it if you make the plan yourself?
  • amycmclean1
    amycmclean1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Have you tried searching on Pinterest? Some of the posts have week-long meal plans for a certain number of calories or for a specific diet plan (like keto).