Options
    Zombies.

^Win
  • RunningAddict
    RunningAddict Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    because I can
    because that is what I need to do to stay sane
    because there NO better way to start the day (ok, one better way I can think of)

Agreed!
  • JStarnes
    JStarnes Posts: 5,576 Member
    Options
    Bc I wanted to see a new personal best time. And I did!:glasses:
  • tam120
    tam120 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Not today, but yesterday because my boss is also a tool and scheduled a meeting that ran into my usual step class... so I ran.
  • bjbixler
    bjbixler Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I ran today... because I registered for my first half marathon yesterday!

I will officially start my training plan next week, but a friend who is training for a 15k needed to do an 8 mile run today, so I tagged along. My previous farthest distance was 7miles. :o)
  • reese66
    reese66 Posts: 2,920 Member
    Options
    I ran because I wanted too and then I walked because I thought I was going to pass out because of the heat index so I will try again tonight when it is cooler and more shade...
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    Cop right behind me.
  • startingwithbasics
    Options
    awesome!

i ran (at 4:30 this morning) because:

1. its too hot in texas to run at any other time

It's only 100+ out there! :)

I'll be running this afternoon after work because I am tired of sitting at a desk all day. I'll be doing to before the sun goes down because I have this perception it's better for me to sweat like a stuffed pig when i am running, and in the Texas weather that takes about... 30 seconds?
  • Laurarunnergirl
    Laurarunnergirl Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I will be doing my 6 mile run tonight because:

1. I have a few half marathons coming up and my training plan said 6 miles
    2. I burn off the stress of the day and actually become a human being again
    3. Once I finish I can relax and don't have to hurry up and get ready for work

That being said, an early morning run is great because it's over and done with, and I feel more energized for the rest of the day. Not to mention it's nice and quiet out!
  • ansonrinesmith
    ansonrinesmith Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Dinosaurs were chasing me!
  • jgic2009
    jgic2009 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I'm going for a run after work because I just quit smoking and can't wait to see what I can do without cigarettes holding me back!
  • PassionForDressage
    Options
    Because I'm addicted. I used to absolutely loath (and I meah LOATH) running. After I got in a bit better shape, it's the most amazing thing.....EVER. It's like I'm a junkie and I need my daily fix.
  • staceyseeger
    staceyseeger Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    I am going to run my 7 miles tonight because:

My family knows it make me happy - If Mama ain't Happy :smile: , no one's Happy :mad:

I want to maintain the 50 lb+ weight loss

I am not only training for several 1/2 marathons this Fall, I am going for a Personal Record :wink:

Life's Short...Run Naked!!!! :drinker:
  • ajfranzen77
    Options
    Because the dress I bought needs to fit in 5 weeks and there is no way that will happen if I don't!
  • TexasNurseMom78
    TexasNurseMom78 Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    Because I am training for the warrior dash in november. And I just downloaded some now songs to my Iphone workout play list!
  • staceyseeger
    staceyseeger Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    I ran today... because I registered for my first half marathon yesterday!

I will officially start my training plan next week, but a friend who is training for a 15k needed to do an 8 mile run today, so I tagged along. My previous farthest distance was 7miles. :o)

No better way to do it than with a Friend! :smile:
  • dave_in_delaware
    dave_in_delaware Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I will run tonight after work because I run 3x a week: Tuesdays, Thursdays and Sat/Sun. I finished the C25K and want to maintain my running abilities. I'm doing HIIT for a while though.
  • halzuzu
    halzuzu Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Because it makes me feel strong and gives me energy throughout the day, training for a few 5K's and still working up to the 3+ miles, wanted to try out my new running shoes. i love my early morning runs cause its nice and quiet out, the air is fresh and crisp, and the sun rising is beautiful.
  • josaleigh
    Options
    Because I know I am going to end up in a huge blowout with my mother this evening....

Needed the stress relief to get me through the day :(
  • savlyon
    savlyon Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    because I can
    because that is what I need to do to stay sane
    because there NO better way to start the day (ok, one better way I can think of)

ya buddy, that is for sure... ;)

I run because I have a half marathon in 11 days. Because I'm a b*tch if I don't run. Because I want to look like a runner. Because it distracts me from all the other bullsh*t in my life!