Pink, Blue, Yellow or Green?

Options
I have to use one of them, I've tried to do without, but I can't. I don't feel comfortable using the pink packets anymore,:sick: and even less the blue. :noway: I was using the yellow, and have just tried the green. I've heard bad things about all of them, except the new green one.
But of course all things "diet" are usually sweetened with blue. I was wondering other than foregoing them all together, where does everyone else stand on what they will and will not use?

Does anyone like the new green one? I like it, it isn't as sweet as the others so I have to use more, but so far that is my only complaint.

Replies

• DawnInOhio
    DawnInOhio Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I have to use one of them, I've tried to do without, but I can't. I don't feel comfortable using the pink packets anymore,:sick: and even less the blue. :noway: I was using the yellow, and have just tried the green. I've heard bad things about all of them, except the new green one.
    But of course all things "diet" are usually sweetened with blue. I was wondering other than foregoing them all together, where does everyone else stand on what they will and will not use?

Does anyone like the new green one? I like it, it isn't as sweet as the others so I have to use more, but so far that is my only complaint.
  • elliott062907
    elliott062907 Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    I stick with Yellow, I have used it for over a year now and have had no side effects and I asked my doctor and it is better on my pre ulcer

Yep Ulcer, I have a tiny one forming....

Check them all out, or ask a nutrisinist
  • BBCoachKel72
    BBCoachKel72 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Are we talking crayons? EXPLAIN! My curiosity has gotten the best of me here! :smile:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    Are we talking crayons? EXPLAIN! My curiosity has gotten the best of me here! :smile:
    artificial sweetners:wink:

Personally I don't use any. I've used Stevia and regular sugar. I try for myself to stick as close to clean eating as possible.

FC:heart:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    Hey CD, it's nice to see ya around these parts:tongue::flowerforyou:
  • Thamber
    Thamber Posts: 194
    Options
    I use stevia..I even bought packets so when I'm out I can sweeten my own tea( I keep a few in my purse or pocket)

I have never seen the green what is it? I have have had side effects from the other colors even yellow which I was pretty excited about, so I avoid them all now. On occasion I do have a diet something or other but its pretty rare to avoid side effects.
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    I use stevia..I even bought packets so when I'm out I can sweeten my own tea( I keep a few in my purse or pocket)

I have never seen the green what is it? I have have had side effects from the other colors even yellow which I was pretty excited about, so I avoid them all now. On occasion I do have a diet something or other but its pretty rare to avoid side effects.
    :drinker::wink:
  • DawnInOhio
    Options

They have finally started to market stevia, it's called Truvia and it's the green one.
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options

They have finally started to market stevia, it's called Truvia and it's the green one.
    I think it may have always been on the market in Health Food stores but they couldn't call it a sweetner legally. Crazy huh? So what's in Truvia besides Stevia as I may have missed something but I didn't think Stevia was allowed to be called a sweetner yet. Silly rules but it's no doubt the big Fake sugar companies blocking the OK.:grumble: I think they KNOW that once they get a more natural alternative they will seriously feel some competiton. ah, and competition can be a very good thing:tongue:

So Girl, fill me in on what you know:bigsmile:

• vanessadawn
    Options
    I use yellow, no problems so far. to each their own though, I have heard good things about Stevia, but all of the artificial sweeteners had their hype when they were first released. we'll see how it plays out
  • lulubar
    lulubar Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    I'm a Stevia lover!!! Also bought Truvia, which has a more sugar-like consistancy but I find Stevia to taste a little sweeter. I've tasted the other colors in the past but never liked the aftertaste. Nope, Stevia's my color of choice:bigsmile: :drinker:
  • Thamber
    Options
    Yes FC its a nutritional supplement lol isnt that funny..thats all it can be labled as in the US. Ive used it a long time and have only found it at my local health food store and wholefoods.

I am curiose why truvia can be called a sweetener and not a supplement like stevia. Did they change the laws or is it an extract of some sort and not the whole leaf?

BTW I made the apple chips recipie you posted for dessert tonight soooooo good. I used a bit too much stevia and got the weird aftertaste lol but still it was a great healthy sweet treat. Thanks for posting it.
  • lulubar
    Options

I think it may have always been on the market in Health Food stores but they couldn't call it a sweetner legally. Crazy huh? So what's in Truvia besides Stevia as I may have missed something but I didn't think Stevia was allowed to be called a sweetner yet. Silly rules but it's no doubt the big Fake sugar companies blocking the OK.:grumble: I think they KNOW that once they get a more natural alternative they will seriously feel some competiton. ah, and competition can be a very good thing:tongue:

Truvia ingredients: Erythritol: naturally fermented sugar alcohol found in grapes and pears (made in a culture like making yogurt from milk); Rebiana, and "natural flavors" - but they don't say what those are??

http://truvia.com/ingredients.html
  • lulubar
    Options
    PS - I don't know if you have Winn Dixie stores where you live, but they carry Stevia and Truvia on the same shelf as all the other sweeteners. :bigsmile: I think Albertsons carries it too.:happy:
  • Thamber
    Options
    Thanks Lulubar I think I'll stick with Stevia or sugar. I have also used agave in the past.

I dont have a Winn Dixie or Alberstsons anywhere near here but thank you. I go to a local store or wholefoods.
  • DawnInOhio
    Options

Same main ingredient as the yellow one...go figure, huh?
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    Yes FC its a nutritional supplement lol isnt that funny..thats all it can be labled as in the US. Ive used it a long time and have only found it at my local health food store and wholefoods.

I am curiose why truvia can be called a sweetener and not a supplement like stevia. Did they change the laws or is it an extract of some sort and not the whole leaf?

BTW I made the apple chips recipie you posted for dessert tonight soooooo good. I used a bit too much stevia and got the weird aftertaste lol but still it was a great healthy sweet treat. Thanks for posting it.
    :bigsmile: Glad you tried it! Yea crazy isn't it, to be called a 'supplement' is the only way it can stay on store shelves. It's like one of those Big Brother things, what isn't said outloud doesn't exist? LOL

I don't actually think they have changed the law, surely we ALL would have heard all the bickering from all the top selling fake sugar companies if that had been the case:laugh: They've sold it overseas for YEARS and YEARS...like you shared it's a leaf it's not made up from chemicals. Yes I do wonder how they pushed thru Truvia it must be they've added something to it for it to have been marketed.

• DawnInOhio
    Options
    If it was crayons my fav. would be MAGENTA!:laugh: :laugh:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    PS - I don't know if you have Winn Dixie stores where you live, but they carry Stevia and Truvia on the same shelf as all the other sweeteners. :bigsmile: I think Albertsons carries it too.:happy:
    Really in regular stores now? Weird, I have never seen it anywhere but my local Coop Health Food store. Hm... maybe they can do it without actually calling it a sweetner but putting it in the same section? What does the pkg. say on it? Food supplement?

• Fitness_Chick
    Options

Truvia ingredients: Erythritol: naturally fermented sugar alcohol found in grapes and pears (made in a culture like making yogurt from milk); Rebiana, and "natural flavors" - but they don't say what those are??

http://truvia.com/ingredients.html
    thanks for the info:bigsmile: