Ice Cream Substitutes

Options
2»

Replies

• AnnofB
    AnnofB Posts: 3,584 Member
    Options
    Noosa yogurt and Siggy's yogurt... both very tasty.
  • Sunshine_And_Sand
    Sunshine_And_Sand Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    The yoplait yogurt can be frozen. It makes a decent consistency. It comes in lots of flavors, has some lighter options, and is already portioned out for you. I think you can freeze the gogurts as well for an even more convenient grab and go frozen snack.
  • midlomel1971
    midlomel1971 Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Lately I'm obsessed with Outshine ice pops. I think they're like 30-40 calories? All I know is that the lime ones taste like margaritas....basically summer on a stick.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    Will have to make protein fluff/protein ice cream again since I have a lot of protein powder to work through.
  • MikePTY
    MikePTY Posts: 3,814 Member
    Options
    My wife is a big ice cream fan and she likes Halo Top. The flavors are supposedly hit or miss so you may like one or not the other. But it has like 1/4th the calories of regular ice cream.
  • Liamsm0m
    Liamsm0m Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I wish I could suggest Halo Top. After months of seeing it, I finally thought hey I’ll give it a shot. (I don’t buy gimmicks) We bought a 4 pack of pints from Sam’s on Friday - Peanut Butter Cup.

I opened it yesterday and it was basically fluff. Not creamy ice cream. Their packages say their ice cream is harder than most. I had pulled ice cream out for my son for desert and it was rock hard so I know it’s not our freezer. Also I worked in the ice cream/dairy industry so I know once it’s fluffy that’s because it was allowed to melt and re-freeze. Ok maybe Sam’s fault.

The ice cream tasted like nothing. I tried 5 bites. Not a bit of chocolate. Peanut butter cups are chocolate!

So I didn’t find the calories worth what I had. My husband finished it - but he eats anything. Said there was no flavor.

I’ll give them 1 more chance with a grocery buy of cookies and cream or birthday cake but I’d rather have a small tiny cup of Bluebell, smoothie w/Premier Protein or banana “nice” cream personally.
  • Safari_Gal
    Safari_Gal Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Fruit sorbet! I second banana custard - you can also try a pawpaw custard!
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    Options
    I gave many Halo Top and Enlightened flavors a try but just don't care for them.

I like lower calorie Ben & Jerry's, but it is almost as triggering for me as full fat ice cream.

I've settled on reduced fat Cabot vanilla yogurt with previously frozen raspberries or Klondike bars - these scratch the ice cream itch but I don't like them as much so can stop at one.