Gaining Lots of Weight Is TOTES the New "IT" Thing...

Options

Replies

• catwrangler
    catwrangler Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    my partner has to put his hands on me all the time to help me out?.......

I get sexual fulfillment from getting fatter, and that’s worth a lot to me. If you’ve ever known sexual fulfillment yourself, you understand.........

And never mind that I already mentioned that I pay more than the average taxpayer because I am fortune enough to be on the higher end of the middle class. And never mind that I’m healthy today, with no indication at all of problems, making this whole line of discussion academic..........

Here is what I glean from her situation: She must be young enough for her obesity not to make her hurt physically. She is well off financially and has a live-in boyfriend. I have to wonder if his income matches hers. What will happen when she can no longer work, even from home? Will her partner disappear? Will she finally see sex and pampering alone won't keep her "happy"?
  • Namaste1983
    Namaste1983 Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    I'M AT A LOSS... I wasn't happy at 430 and I certainly was not healthy. You can be happy at any size but I never knew self love or saw strength in myself until the last few months. I only speak for myself, but my heart breaks when I hear this.
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Having said that, she is free to do whatever she will do about it, and we are free to have our own opinions about her situation. I know that I am not happy being overweight. I feel like I can't do anything for any amount of time. I get winded. I can't be active as long as other people, and that drives me truly crazy. I have a hard time believing that ANYONE could be TRULY happy under circumstances such as these.

Well said! I think she's kidding herself into being "happy." I'd like to hear from her partner and see how he feels and how her weight is affecting him.
  • bookworm03
    bookworm03 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I remember watching a Jerry Springer episode on this when I was in highschool.
  • elizabethblake
    elizabethblake Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    There are some things I wish I didn't know about, and this is one of them.
  • Emilyas1
    Options
    I just read this article and I'm not sure if I think it's funny, or very, very sad. A lot of people love being pampered, that in itself isn't her problem at all. Her problem is that she's a complete slave to her self admitted fat fetish, which apparently she places as a higher priority than her own life. It's really depressing to think that such an intelligent woman can be so wrong and misguided, but she clearly is NOT a sane person :noway:
  • catwrangler
    catwrangler Posts: 918 Member
    Options

Well said! I think she's kidding herself into being "happy." I'd like to hear from her partner and see how he feels and how her weight is affecting him.
    I'm willing to bet she pays his bills.
  • PeachyKeene
    PeachyKeene Posts: 1,645 Member
    Options
    SICK!! enough said
  • wildcard29
    wildcard29 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I'm speechless!!!
  • brittanyjeanxo
    brittanyjeanxo Posts: 1,831 Member
    Options
    being on medications (plural) is not healthy

I'll have to respectfully disagree with that statement, if it's meant as a general thing. I take Paxil every day for severe anxiety, because if I don't, I can't do anything because I get so shaky, out of breath, my heart races to a dangerous pace, etc.

You said you take one medication to help with one thing. She takes medication to help with several things her body should be able to do on its own. My 2 year old son takes medication for reflux, he isn't over weight, he eats healthy, his body was just born with a problem. Needing medication daily to help digest vast amounts of unnecessary food that she chooses to put into her body is not healthy.

Ah. That's why I said, "if it's meant as a general thing." I wasn't sure if you meant in general, or because of the weight. :) I agree with you on that, then.
  • gympamela
    gympamela Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I consider 'pampering; getting a mani-pedi and a massage, maybe a trip to get my hair done. I would NEVER consider someone giving me a sponge bath because I had crevices and rolls like the Appalachians, pampering. Ew.

"Hey, honey, can you lift up the third roll down for me, I have an itch on my ribs..."
  • jmruef
    jmruef Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    "I think you have more to learn about yourself before you can claim to know much about these women. You freely admit that you can’t see how anyone could ever be happy being so fat, and when confronted with the truth of such people you conclude they are mentally ill. You never stopped to question the thoroughness of your own perspective. People can enjoy all kinds of things that you don’t care about, or even hate. You can’t project your own experiences onto that of others. "

Well...some of this paragraph is actually true. I don't think OP was nearly as judgemental as this woman thinks she is - OP was speaking from her own experiences - but the last 2 sentences are true for EVERYONE about all sorts of circumstances. Imagine the speaker isn't talking about morbid obesity, and the two sentences make sense.

"I’m on a similar quest of weight gain, although not as heavy as those two and not nearly fool enough to blast my name and picture all over the media. But I’m heavy enough that I can attest to their honesty when they say they enjoy life at very high weights. I do too, and I enjoy putting weight on just as fervently as some people enjoy losing it. I’m in a scooter. I need oxygen. I need help getting up. A part of me enjoys the luxury of all the pampering I get, but that doesn’t mean I don’t pay my taxes like everyone else. (I work from home on IT and web development, and I guarantee you I’ve already paid more in taxes than many people contribute in a whole lifetime.) And a part of me misses going bicycling and walking around town, but that doesn’t mean I don’t get a great quality of life in my daily habits like eating, reading, conversations with friends, music, sex, the Internet, movies, and so on. What’s so bad about my life? Is it that I can’t run a marathon? Is it that my partner has to put his hands on me all the time to help me out? How are those bad things?"

Hm. Well... She writes very intelligently. She's trying very hard to help us see her viewpoint and I applaud her for it. I still don't agree with it but I respect her thoroughness in explaining her position.

"I don’t exercise. I don’t care to. I enjoy being unfit. It’s a fetish thing. You’re not being asked to empathize with it, but it’s not really any different from the leather or shoes or fur or any of the other kinky stuff people come up with to satisfy themselves. I get sexual fulfillment from getting fatter, and that’s worth a lot to me. If you’ve ever known sexual fulfillment yourself, you understand."

Fair enough, I guess. People have fetishes. Hers isn't something I get, but whatever.

I deleted the rest. Overall - live and let live, I guess, but I couldn't in good conscience support a family member or friend who made that decision. Hm - guess that makes me a hypocrite. I guess with it being a family member or a friend, the possibility of my life being affected by their choice to live that way is greater - what if I wind up as a caregiver? I would have NO issues helping a family/friend whose health issues caused them to need help, but when it's something like this - of their own choosing... then again, I ride a motorcycle. Not exactly the safest hobby in the world. I could very easily wind up needing help from a family or friend for something I very definitely choose to do. So maybe it's *not* cut and dried!
  • seriousaboutlife
    seriousaboutlife Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    This screams INTERVENTION!!!!!
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    This lady admits to it being a fetish and getting sexual pleasure out of gaining weight so we have to understand that, If she gets pleasure from her condition then she probably is happy and there is no reason to disbelieve her. However this is not the norm for most very overweight people. Life for them is painful both physically and emotionally. This is an extreme fetish which is becoming more popular I believe but as in many fetishes there are degrees.

I find it very worrying that this particular fetish is gaining so much ground, I see it as giving up control, not just their bodies but their lives and like anorexia it is a slow but sure way to an early death, it is very sad that people can get pleasure from contributing to their own deaths and even more worrying that there are people out there who will actively help someone kill themselves in such a way. If you love someone you wouldn't contribute to their self harming which is what this is.

Being overweight and happy is perfectly ok but anyone who is trying to gain enought weight to make themselves bedridden has to have some kind of mental problem no matter how much they may protest that there is nothing wrong with them.

<joke> To use a feather while making love is erotic but to use the whole chicken is just plain perverted.
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    I just read this article and I'm not sure if I think it's funny, or very, very sad. A lot of people love being pampered, that in itself isn't her problem at all. Her problem is that she's a complete slave to her self admitted fat fetish, which apparently she places as a higher priority than her own life. It's really depressing to think that such an intelligent woman can be so wrong and misguided, but she clearly is NOT a sane person :noway:

Clearly not. i think you pretty much figured her misguided mind out.
  • lukesmama
    lukesmama Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    The worst lies are the ones we tell ourselves. Very sad.
  • NatalieWinning
    NatalieWinning Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    A part of me enjoys the luxury of all the pampering

I've spotted the mental disorder.

Bingo!
  • TriumphNow
    TriumphNow Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    Ridiculous!
  • SKP1986
    SKP1986 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Having said that, she is free to do whatever she will do about it, and we are free to have our own opinions about her situation. I know that I am not happy being overweight. I feel like I can't do anything for any amount of time. I get winded. I can't be active as long as other people, and that drives me truly crazy. I have a hard time believing that ANYONE could be TRULY happy under circumstances such as these.

There's an entire community of FAs (Fat Admirers) and Stuffers (people that enjoy feeding others with the goal of them gaining obscene amounts of weight). Chances are her partner falls into one (or both) of these categories if he is staying with her. I don't understand either side of the spectrum, especially since (in my experience) FAs tend to be more on the fit/trim side. I dunno about anyone else, but I'd like to have a partner that I can enjoy life with, you know? I don't want to have to take care of a supersized woman and I don't want to EVER have to be taken care of like that.

It all comes down to not being able to (not WANTING to) control what goes into her mouth.
  • Jackie_Snape80
    Options
    I think that the people who encourage this behavior (I've heard they are called the feeders or feed-ies) should be arrested for attempted manslaughter.

More like assisted suicide(can't remember where this is legal...if at all)