Hey. Chefs life. Must change.

Options
124»

Replies

• JustinAnimal
    JustinAnimal Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    Like Big Pun (sort of), I ain't a chef; I just cook a lot. Nibble a lot. Drink too much (not sure if that afflicts you as I've seen it to lots of food service industry folks).

Honestly, my deal has just been to eat less. That's effing hard, especially at first. I genuinely just wanted to train myself to have a smaller appetite and a smaller stomach (the organ... not sure if that's truly possible, but it feels like it's working). That's been the biggest success for me so far. I force myself to eat less and be hungry, but I am less hungry in the future and feel miserable a lot less. My metabolism took a giant *kitten* about a year ago (I'm 35 now and born in '83, so I'm guessing you're 34 or turning 35). I simply CANNOT eat as much as I used to. My body doesn't need it. That was part of the motivation.

Another random tip that WILL make you miserable: stop the snacking and eat deliberate (probably pre-panned / prepped) meals. THEN, force yourself to drink two pints of water and eat two servings of raw fruit / veg / one of each BEFORE you eat your meal. This will suck. I used to be 300 pounds and dropped to 250 right effing quick with this strategy (and more exercise).

Anyway, you'll have a jack-ton of support here! Keep it up, Chef!
  • ashareem
    ashareem Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    You've made a good start coming here. I've been insulin dependent for 20+ years, but by tracking my carbs via MFP, I've got my A1c below 7. Other health issues keep me from losing a lot of weight, but at least it's not continuing to go up, and for now, I'll be grateful for that.
  • CookieJones2018
    CookieJones2018 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Hi there. 47 and a fellow chef and nutritionist. Would love to find more friends who are chefs as well :)