SAHMU PINK TEAM- WEEK 5 (CLOSED)

Options

Replies

• ♥Amy♥
    ♥Amy♥ Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    Emotional Challenge:
    What excuses have you made (to yourself or others) in the past for your weight, and how do you stop yourself from falling back into the "I am heavy because...." attitude?

I've never really made excuses to myself or others about my weight, I just never really realized how big I had truly gotten. However, I am NOT going to allow myself to go back to looking/feeling that way. Everyone (extended family members that we only see a couple times a year) refer to my new eating/tracking food, etc. as a "diet." I don't view it as a diet, I view it as a change in myself permanently. They seem to think that I'm just eating salads, not fried food, etc. as something I'm doing temporarily until I reach a certain weight and then I'll just go back to it again. I have tried to explain that it's not a diet and I'm changing how myself and my family eat, but most of the time it falls on deaf ears. Either way, I'm not going to let myself get back to how I was. I don't want to look/feel/be that way anymore.
  • NewLife_11
    NewLife_11 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Pink Team, Your rocking those calories! Great Job!

Karie
  • ♥Amy♥
    Options
    Hi ladies :)

I'm posting my exercise/calories burned for yetserday and today.

Yesterday (Saturday), I did 60 minutes of Wii Just Dance 2 and burned 278 calories and 15 minutes of Wii Tennis and burned 62 calories. I also completed the 25 pushups (standing).

Today (Sunday), I did 47 minutes of Wii EA Active 2 and burned 335 calories. I chose for today to be the rest day for the challenges.

Hope you all are having a great weekend :)
  • jennyfair24
    jennyfair24 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Sorry I'm getting in to this challenge late and trying to play catch up. I've update the document with my calorie burn for the weekend. I've also completed the following challenges:
    50 Leg Raises (each side)
    40 Squats
    50 situps or ab crunches
    25 Pushups
    25 Lunges

Also, here is my kid friendly recipe with nutrition info :
    Apple Pinwheels
    Ingredients
    1/4 cup peanut butter
    1-1/2 teaspoons honey
    1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
    2 tablespoons raisins
    4 medium unpeeled Red Delicious apples, cored
    Directions
    In a small bowl, combine peanut butter and honey; fold in chocolate chips and raisins.
    Fill centers of apples with peanut butter mixture; refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Cut into 1/4-in. rings. Makes about 2 dozen.

Nutrition Facts: 1 apple ring ~ 50 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 13 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.

Hope everyone had a fantastic weekend. If I missed anything that I need to do for this week, please let me know :smile:
  • NewLife_11
    NewLife_11 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    We should all share how we burn our calories on the main thread to give eachother idaes. So lets see it ladies, how do you burn those calories?
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/319384-stay-at-home-mommies-unite-60-day-challenge-week-5

I just copied mine from my exercise journal here, it was super easy
  • chellaJKR
    chellaJKR Posts: 146
    Options
    Hey ladies! Long time no talk! It's been a bad binge-y weekend, for some reason when my man is off work all bets are off. I tried to work it off last night but the scale's mad at me- as it should be! I'll be busting my butt as usual to help the teams pounds lost don't you worry =)
    The daily challenges are going well. I've conveniently avoided the up-and-downs up until this point so I suppose that's what's on the agenda for tomorrow. I did the emotional already so I guess I need a recipe.. I found a muffin one, my little boy LOVES muffins but they usually run somewhere like 400 cals?!!

Splenda Blueberry Muffins

1 cup fresh blueberries or 1 cup frozen blueberries
    2 teaspoons baking powder
    1/2 cup light margarine, softened
    1 cup Splenda granular (depending on how sweet you want the muffins, I cut the splenda back to 1/2 cup)
    2 cups all-purpose flour
    1/4 cup honey
    1/2 cup skim milk
    3/4 teaspoon salt
    2 large eggs
    1 teaspoon vanilla

Directions:
    1Sift flour,baking powder and salt together.
    2In another bowl, beat margarine, splenda granular and honey with electric mixer until fluffy.
    3Beat in eggs one at a time, add vanilla.
    4Alternately stir in flour and milk.
    5When blended, fold in berries.
    6Spoon batter into paper lined or greased muffin cups.
    7Bake until golden in a preheated oven at 350f degrees for about 25 to 30 minutes.
    8Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing.

Nutritional Info:
    Serving Size 1(72g) -10 servings in this recipe
    Calories:146.2, Sodium: 269.5, Sugars: 8.5g, Fat: 1.2g

PS-Love the apple pinwheel recipe, I have a fruit monster that would gobble those up =P
  • MichelleLydia
    MichelleLydia Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Hey guys, while I have some internet connection I thought I'd say hi! We have a storm with some crazy rain and wind which keeps knocking out our internet! This weekend sucked foodwise, although I think I got ALL of my cravings out of the way. Stupid TOM is here and I'm a little scared for the weigh in :( I've been doing lots of exercising and have done everything but the up and downs (which I will do today - boo!) Going for a walk this evening (if the storm dies down). Anyways that's that, hope I don't let everyone down with a gain this week :S
  • ♥Amy♥
    Options
    Happy Monday everyone :)

My exercises today consisted of the Leg Raises, which I just completed. I also did 52 minutes of the Wii EA Active 2 and burned 325 calories.

I'm still looking for the kid friendly recipe, but will find one either tonight or tomorrow.
  • jennyfair24
    Options
    My exercises today were a really fun bike ride with my daughter and walking. You ladies are all doing great! Keep up the hard work!

I forgot to post for the emotional challenge. Lately, my excuses for overeating and making poor choices are "not having enough time" to prepare healthier foods and just being overwhelmed. I know these are poor excuses and I know that 99% of my problem is that I'm an emotional eater and I have had some really stressful life changes the past few weeks. I'm trying to adjust and make better choices but I keep finding myself grabbing comfort foods. I'm a work in progress and I will get there!
  • MichelleLydia
    Options
    Woohoo NSV NSV!!!

My mom brought over a bag of clothes that she figures she will never fit into again, and although some of the pants weren't my style I figuerd I'd try them on. Well I saw a pair of size 8's and thought ha this should be funny. So I put them on and zipped them up!! No problems! I even squeeeeeeezed my butt into a pair of size 7s!!!
  • jennyfair24
    Options
    Woohoo NSV NSV!!!

My mom brought over a bag of clothes that she figures she will never fit into again, and although some of the pants weren't my style I figuerd I'd try them on. Well I saw a pair of size 8's and thought ha this should be funny. So I put them on and zipped them up!! No problems! I even squeeeeeeezed my butt into a pair of size 7s!!!

WTG!! Congrats!
  • ♥Amy♥
    Options
    Woohoo NSV NSV!!!

WTG Michelle! That's great!! I'd LOVE to be in the single digits in clothes, I'm so jealous :)
  • ♥Amy♥
    Options
    Well, I am happy to say that I met the calorie burned goal for this week and even went over by 5, LOL. You all are awesome, by the way!!!

Here's the breakdown of today's exercises:
    Aerobics, Low Impact for 30 minutes burned 171 calories (Ab Attack on Netflix)
    Wii Boxing for 10 minutes burned 56 calories
    Calisthenics, home, light/moderate effort for 5 minutes burned 18 calories (crunches, up & downs, step ups, and leg raises)
    Jumping Jacks for 1 minute burned 9 calories

I completed the up & downs for today. Those were killer for me, but I pushed through it.

I'm still working on a recipe to submit, but other than that I've completed everything for the week. This week was really hard for me, so I'm dreading next week already!
  • ♥Amy♥
    Options
    Finally found a recipe that we would actually like and eat here. It's from weelicious.com, but with some changes. Her recipe is Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins (http://weelicious.com/2011/05/25/banana-chocolate-chip-muffins/#comments). I changed it up a bit, by omitting the salt, honey, and chocolate chips, and adding extra milk so mine are just Banana Muffins. I just baked some and tried one and they are yummy! Here's the recipe/ingredients and how I did it:

1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
    1 tsp baking powder
    1/2 tsp baking soda
    1 large egg
    1 cup milk
    3 TBSP vegetable oil
    2 ripe bananas (mine were 236grams total)

1. Preheat oven to 400° F.
    2. Combine the first 3 ingredients in a bowl.
    3. In a separate bowl, whisk the egg, milk, oil, and mashed bananas.
    4. Slowly combine the dry ingredients into the wet.
    5. Pour batter into greased or lined muffin cups, about 2/3 of the way up, and bake for 18 minutes.
    6. Cool and serve.***makes 18 muffins***

Per muffin: 75 calories, 3 grams of fat, 71 mg of sodium, 11 carbs, 2 protein and 2 calcium (those are the things that I track).
  • MichelleLydia
    Options
    So TOM is here, and I've not been eating so good, so I am just hoping so sweat out all of the bad today! I've done 66 minutes of Zumba, gonna get a Biggest Loser workout in, and then a nice long walk tonight! I'm already dripping in sweat from the Zumba though!

Our team totally killed the calories burned challenge. I love our team!!

So I've done the 6 Strength challenges. Ugh pretty sure the Up and Downs were gonna be the death of me!! But I pushed through. I've completed all the other challenges this week as well, so max points for me.
  • MichelleLydia
    Options
    Well, I am happy to say that I met the calorie burned goal for this week and even went over by 5, LOL. You all are awesome, by the way!!!

Here's the breakdown of today's exercises:
    Aerobics, Low Impact for 30 minutes burned 171 calories (Ab Attack on Netflix)
    Wii Boxing for 10 minutes burned 56 calories
    Calisthenics, home, light/moderate effort for 5 minutes burned 18 calories (crunches, up & downs, step ups, and leg raises)
    Jumping Jacks for 1 minute burned 9 calories

I completed the up & downs for today. Those were killer for me, but I pushed through it.

I'm still working on a recipe to submit, but other than that I've completed everything for the week. This week was really hard for me, so I'm dreading next week already!

Way to go Amy!!! You did awesome this week!
  • ♥Amy♥
    Options
    Just wanted to add that I just got home from walking to Caeleb's school to pick him up (and walking home). Not such a great idea in the 102 degree weather. OMG....I am sweating TONS! Anyways, in our 15 minute walk I burned 48 addtional calories (although it feels like a bunch more).
  • Tayla_Grant
    Tayla_Grant Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Hello Ladies! Sorry I have been a little MIA the past few days... 4 days ago I witnessed my 10 yr old niece snap her forearm in half... literally. If you take a twig and snap it in half, that was her arm. (she tripped over a bench and landed the wrong way on her arm). Most brutal thing I've ever seen in person. So immediately she was rushed to the local hospital and xrayed. She completely broke both bones in her forearm so they sent her to Children's hospital to have surgery, however they were too backed up so just reset the bones and gave her a temporary cast. In the meantime I have had my nephew staying with me on and off while she is recovering. They finally got her into surgery today and she had two RODS put into the bones in her forearm. She's such a trooper... seriously the strongest little person I know. Thankfully everything went well, but it has been one hell of an emotional ride for everyone the past few days. Plus some other BS was going on between my parents that really makes me think "do I really have to be saying this to them? Aren't I supposed to be the kid and Them the parents?". Some people just don't get it. Anyhoo, I know that was a rant but I've been doing so well and my emotions got the best of me today and I pigged out, but hopefully can still make a comeback.

Here are my stats for this week:
    Emotional challenge- 1 pt
    Cardio challenge- 1 pt
    Strength Challenge- 6 pts (I completed all of the individual strengths)
    food challenge- 1 pt

Total - 9 pts.

Loving the amount of calories that we've burned. That is friggen amazing! Seriously, it's kind of insane when you look at all of our burns together and realize how many calories that is! Way To GO!!!!
  • Tayla_Grant
    Tayla_Grant Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    My recipe vote is for Jen's Apple Pinwheels... yum!
  • ♥Amy♥
    Options
    My vote for the recipe is Tayla's recipe of the meatloaf. Sounds yummy! :)

Here are my stats for this week:
    Emotional challenge- 1 pt
    Cardio challenge- 1 pt
    Strength Challenge- 6 pts (I completed all of the individual strengths)
    food challenge- 1 pt

Total - 9 pts.