4 freaking days I did everything right and the scale didn’t budge one bit!

Options
2»

Replies

• MamaKL5
    MamaKL5 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I 'lost' 3 pounds in one day, and obviously I didn't lose 3lbs of fat overnight. It is definitely disheartening, but just keep doing what you're doing.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    4 days just isn't enough time. You're going to have to be more patient.
  • ashliedelgado
    ashliedelgado Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 6 of no meat. You'd think that my weight would be trending down. Nope. I'm gaining weight.

Day 6, no meats. Day 5, no poops. :D:'(
  • Danp
    Danp Posts: 1,561 Member
    Options
    zeejane03 wrote: »
    Johnd2000 wrote: »
    I gained 2kg by just moving my scales an inch or two further away from my bathroom wall. In general, I gain at least 3kg between breakfast and bedtime every day.

Don’t sweat the small fluctuations. In 2-3 weeks you’ll start seeing a trend.

I second this-scale placement can do all sorts of wonky things to your numbers. I weigh less when the scale is on my bedroom floor (stone fireplace hearth area) vs our bathroom floor (wood floor). The scale stays out in the bedroom now :D

I'm so pedantic about scale placement I know which specific bathroom tile each foot of the scale should sit on for consistent placement =)
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,070 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 6 of no meat. You'd think that my weight would be trending down. Nope. I'm gaining weight.

Day 6, no meats. Day 5, no poops. :D:'(

Meat got nothin' to do with nothin'. I ate no meat for 41 years, got obese, stayed obese. Then, kept eating no meat, ate fewer calories.

Lost 50 pounds. Still, no meat. ;)

Poop: Eat fiber, drink water, get enough fat. If that doesn't solve it, get exercise and eat priobiotic foods (not capsules - just my prejudice ;) ).

If that's not enough, see your doctor.