Nope, I dont believe it

Options
Just checked the "optimal" weight on this app for my height. WAY over generalized, and I dont buy it.
According to mfp, at 69" I should optimally weigh 155, top end of 170.
PUH LEEZE. I could lose some pounds, which is the reason for.my curiosity. After logging for over a month, I haven't shed really any weight. That's eating the recommended and working out harder than most at the gym 4 days/wk.
Current weight at 214, wearing 34 Jean's. Only way I'm going to weigh 160-ish would be stop working out and stop eating, or just have one.leg.removed at the thigh.
Oh, well, still be good for the encyclopedia of calorie / macro listings.

Replies

• jls1leather9497
    jls1leather9497 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    sijomial wrote: »
    I'm 5'9 and my best weight currently is 168lbs.

Not dead yet.

I've seen mma matches, so I know it HAS been done.
    Chest to waist ratio?
  • jls1leather9497
    Options

Chest about 43 - 44", waist about 34" but I wear 32" jeans as vanity sizing means jeans are bigger than they used to be.
    In my 20's I wore 28" waist jeans and best weight was around 162lbs.[/quote]

Not drastically differnt, i think. Should check when i got somebody here to help. though I think some of my 34 Jean's must have stretched.. I have 34s that i can hardly wear and i have 34 that droop without a belt
    I weighed 185-190 for YEARS until illness demanded meds and forced diet (high fat for treatments). Now that the meds and treatment are done, i want the extra weight gone. Should be able to drop 25, certainly (current 214).
  • jls1leather9497
    Options
    Well, I'm confused about how to use the thing maybe.
    Enter.my age, height, weight, this thing says I should lose 2 lbs per week at 1500. So even if strength training burned NO calories, and I skipped the walk (treadmill at good incline), then I should have.lost 8-10 lbs just by logging 1400-ish daily ( I did have one day went over). Protein calories at 35-40%
  • jls1leather9497
    Options
    Okay, so I reentered the info, make sure it was correct. In guessing that the 1500 calories is 2250 recommended at 'maintenance' minus 1000 for 2 lbs loss, with a mi imum of 1500 kicking that back up a tad due to the.minimum. right?
    Setting protein at 40%, or 625 cal, result in 130g, which is doable since the 8 oz chicken breast is 40g by itself.
    So what is it I'm missing here? I know I have room to lose weight, carrying.too mu h body fat for comfort or common sense. No site 170 is right, but I K OW I should be under 200.
  • lleeann2001
    lleeann2001 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I meant MASK OUR PROGRESS. I'm sorry