swilliams26 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    NAME: Shareese
    HEIGHT: 5'6''
    START WEIGHT FOR CHALLENGE: 222.6
    GOAL WEIGHT FOR CHALLENGE: 215
    START PANTS SIZE: 12/14
    GOAL PANTS SIZE: 8/10
    DIET GOALS: more healthy foods and less eating out, less desire for junk foods
    EXERCISE GOALS: cardio, tone and fit
    FUN FACT: I love to dance!!
  • sp53
    sp53 Posts: 40
    Options
    Excellent!
  • Juniper88
    Juniper88 Posts: 142
    Options
    Ha! I have been M.I.A - posting wise anyways. But I have been keeping tabs of everybody's posts. You all seem to be doing so well; good job! I have also answered EVERY QOTD - in my head... LOL! So, just for a quick "catch-up", I will answer the last Q:

QOTD #8: What's your workout plan this week? List it!

MON: no "legit" exercise. just house cleaning for 3 hrs
    TUES: Zumba class for 1 hr (preparing to head to that in mere minutes)
    WED: Regular gym day for approx. 1.5 hrs (60 mins = bike + 30 mins = eliptical)
    THURS: Zumba class (maybe - depends on which instructor shows up). If not, then Reg gym day (reverse of Wed)
    FRI: Regular gym day (bike = 45 mins = bike + 30 mins = Arch Tracker)
    SAT/SUN: Turbo Fire/ Turbo Jam/ Leslie Sansone/ Boot Camp/ Yoga Booty Ballet - or some other form of @ home video workout. My goal is to do AT LEAST 1 @ home workout during the weekend as I have really let this kind of 'fade away' over last few mnths.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,980 Member
    Options
    I stuck to my MFP calorie goal, yesterday. Which was Day 8. I'm impressed, since I was in a LOT of pain and normally would have just soothed my aches and pains with food. I didn't. Today is Day 9. Still TONS of pain, but I see the chiro again this afternoon, and will need MORE tips on "pain management".

Meanwhile, because I don't foresee me being able to exercise, I AM going to be VERY rigid about my nutrition intake. So, if I can do this, while injured, all of you can DO THIS!! October is going to look AMAZING!!
  • MLStoMLK
    MLStoMLK Posts: 28 Member
    Options

Well, I don't have a very specific workout plan in place...so this is a great question for me; so I will be motivated to come up with one. I have two little ones 2 & 4 yrs.) so I am often chasing after them and cleaning up clutter, etc. So I have been entering that as some of my exercise, as well as cleaning. It's probably cheating! No wonder I didn't lose any weight last week! Besides the fact I went over my calorie goal two days! Eek! At least I didn't gain any weight.

M - Walking slowly with kids around park, house, backyard, etc. 15 min.
    Dishes and general clean up 15 min.
    T - Same as above
    Sit ups
    Walk 30 min. 4 mph
    W - Walking slowly with kids at Zoo - 1 hr. +
    Th - Walking group with Mom Friends 1.5 hr. at 4 mph
    F - Same as Tuesday
    Sat - Same as Tuesday
    Sun - Same as Tuesday
  • kiss78me
    Options
    NAME: Nikki
    HEIGHT: 5'2''
    START WEIGHT FOR CHALLENGE: 157.5
    GOAL WEIGHT FOR CHALLENGE: 150
    START PANTS SIZE: 12/14 (US)
    GOAL PANTS SIZE: 10/12 (US)
    FOLLOW ANY SPECIAL DIET: Eat in moderation& count calories
    DIET GOALS: more whole foods, less desire for junk foods
    EXERCISE GOALS: Be healthy
    OTHER GOALS: more firm and toned everywhere :smile:

9151618.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • prettyone822
    Options
    so i cant check up here as often as i'd like... iphone app doesnt show message board so i cant see unless im home in laptop... suuuuucks!!!! so this weekend was my bday weekend (my bday was yesterday) and while i wasnt TERRIBLY bad, i wasn't 100% good either. I got on scale Friday and was down 0.4 lbs... better than nothing i guess lol
  • safari20111
    safari20111 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    WEEK: AUGUST 22-26
    4 (40 MINUTE WORKOUTS)

,MON - 40 MIN ELIPTICAL
    TUES - TURBO JAM CARDIO JAM
    WED - REST
    THURSDAY 40 MIN ELIPTICAL
    FRIDAY - 40 MIN ELIPTICAL
    SATURDAY - REST
    SUNDAY - REST
  • livinglifeandlovingit
    Options

Workout plan for 22aug11-28aug11
    c25k x4 times this week
    strength training
    walking on the days that I am not running

no pounds lost this week, however my pictures for this week are showing improvements and my clothes are definitely not as tight:-)
  • Delphinebsl
    Delphinebsl Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I have been off MFP for awhile and am just getting online again. I would like to join this challenge.

NAME: Delphine
    HEIGHT: 5'8''
    START WEIGHT FOR CHALLENGE: 269
    GOAL WEIGHT FOR CHALLENGE: 265
    START PANTS SIZE: 24
    GOAL PANTS SIZE: 22
    FOLLOW ANY SPECIAL DIET: count calories and follow my diabetic diet
    DIET GOALS: more fruits and vegetables
    EXERCISE GOALS: increased activity
    OTHER GOALS: more firm and toned everywhere

Thanks,
    Delphine
  • VeganGal84
    VeganGal84 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Good morning, Fitties! I hope that all is well with all of you. :heart:

I'm having a stressful week, full of disappointment and fear... disappointment in my partner and fear of the dentist! But, life must go on, and there is no excuse to not take care of myself! So, this morning I woke up early for a good workout instead of missing exercise today because of this afternoon's dentist appointment. :smile: proud of myself!

Today's QOTD will be kind of selfish, but I'm hoping that it helps more people than just me!

I've decided to always post the most recent 10 QOTD, for anyone who would like to catch up! Welcome to all new challengers.

QOTD #1: What is your favorite kind of exercise and why?

QOTD #2: How did you find MFP, and how do you like it compared to other programs/sites/diets/etc you've tried in the past?

QOTD #3: What was your "a-ha" moment, meaning was there a specific moment that made you decide that it was time to lose the weight?

QOTD #4: Have you "discovered" any new foods since you started eating healthier? Or realized that you DO like some foods that you used to claim to not like?

QOTD #5: What do you do to keep yourself on track while traveling or on vacation?

QOTD #6: What is your main motivation to get in shape right now?

QOTD #7: Other than working out and losing weight, what have you done to improve your self esteem?

QOTD #9: How do you stay on track with diet and exercise in times of severe stress?
  • smurfette75
    smurfette75 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    QOTD #9: How do you stay on track with diet and exercise in times of severe stress?

Usually when I'm stressed my appetite disappears...It takes a lot to get motivated to exercise but I always feel better afterwards. Exercise can be a stress reliever.
  • Riebop
    Riebop Posts: 275
    Options
    Oh... Leah... You need to train him! :tongue: LOL! You'll do fine at the dentist. Great job getting your workout in early!

Yesterday was not a great day. TOM kicked my a**. I was so tired that I didn't even want to think about what to eat let alone make it. Needless to say, I skipped my workout and crashed on the couch after work.

Uh... Geez! Way to come up with a hard question! I was under severe stress at my last job, and staying on track with diet and exercise didn't happen for me. I tried a number of times. However, that environment was like being in a pressure cooker all day every day. It wore me down to not caring about anything. Most of my stressful situations in the last year or so have been deaths in my family. For those short term stressful situations, I just remind myself that it won't last forever. It's best to push through it and keep taking care of myself. I didn't want to undo some of my hard work. I just have to focus a little harder. I write more and meditate more so I don't turn to food for comfort.
  • Eliza1980
    Eliza1980 Posts: 303 Member
    Options

This can sometimes be hard for me as I am an emotional eater and I think the best thing I can do is recognize this about myself. When I find myself searching through the fridge or cupboards in between meal times I have to stop and ask myself "Are you really hungry?" If the answer is yes then I look for a healthy choice, if the answer is no I try and distract myself or do something to relax like take the dog for a walk or sit outside and read.
  • sp53
    sp53 Posts: 40
    Options
    Exercising during times of stress and pressure. This is why some key activities are SCHEDULED so I don't have to make a decision: If it's Monday noon, it's yoga time, etc. I've also learned not to sign up for exercise that I hate or dread because then it feels like punishment--not what you need during stressful times.
    I wonder, though--why is it that stress makes me want to curl up into a ball when I KNOW I'll feel better if I work out?
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,980 Member
    Options

Excellent question! Given the back/neck spasms I've suffered this week, it is completely APPLICABLE to my current reality! In fact, I reacted MUCH MORE POSITIVELY than I had anticipated! I would have thought I would just eat, eat, eat. But, because I had NO control over my spasms. And, NO control over the pain. And, NO control over whether or not I could exercise, I took it upon myself to COMPLETELY CONTROL my nutrition.

I am only aiming to lose about 5 - 7 lbs. So, maybe this is why. But, as stressful as this week has been, I think my diet has been near-perfect. (I consumed "too few" calories today because I have NOT YET managed to eat back my exercise calories...)
  • chelsiburnett
    Options

LOL!! This is funny, I just had one of those days and after I ate supper I read this and it just kinda fit for the day! I really try hard to make myself busy when I am thinking about eating during stress. I guess if I do something productive then I will feel less stressed and not have ate!
  • Keelahopkin
    Keelahopkin Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    NAME: Keela
    HEIGHT: 6'2"
    START WEIGHT FOR CHALLENGE: 173.3
    GOAL WEIGHT FOR CHALLENGE: 150
    START PANTS SIZE: 12
    GOAL PANTS SIZE: 8--- 29 inch waist
    FOLLOW ANY SPECIAL DIET: Wheat/Gluten Free (I have a wheat and rye allergy)
    DIET GOALS: 1000 calories a day- healthy eating even when my husband is home
    EXERCISE GOALS: Work out at least 3 times a week
    OTHER GOALS: For clothing to be inappropriate because of my age not because of my weight:) - find my abs again
    FUN FACT: I love to laugh:)

I would love to be at my goal weight by October!!! I could seriously use all of the support and encouragement that anyone has to offer:)
  • BigReddHair
    Options
    I'm a little behind! But I gotta' get back into it!
    I DON'T. Seriously. Not in SEVERE stress anyway. Example: Tuesday I was worried sick about my family in SC and the impending hurricane. I was emailing back and forth with my family to determine what, if anything, they needed to do. THEN...my entire office started to shake...scaring the holy CRAP out of me. My brain was in a fog the rest of the day. I ate two desserts...TWO. An ice cream cone at McDonalds, and frozen yogurt from froyo place. I ran 2.5 miles that morning, and didn't feel bad about it. I think the key is that some times it's okay to give into stressful situations with food...you just can't go overboard! AND...you have to be strong enough to keep going. So, I was off track for 36 hours, but I'm kicking butt now, and I didn't gain any weight. So thank you, dear ice cream, for helping through a stressful time!