Struggling

Options
2»

Replies

• chocolate1902
    chocolate1902 Posts: 48 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Meditation is very very helpful. Honestly, shut the electronics down or get them out of your house, put on some beautiful meditation music, light some candles or do some aromatherapy and just meditate to a complete calm and do this for 10 minutes every evening if you can in the morning too. Every time you have a negative thought replace it with 20 positive thoughts. Oh, by the way I’ve had therapy sessions as well and it works wonders !! Agree with the support group here that you look very fit. Keep up the great job.
  • Charlotteincharlotte
    Options
    sazzle1983 wrote: »
    Thank you, don't feel it though. I havnt tried talking therapy. Guess i don't want to admit I may have a problem? I do use a food scale x

Everybody has problems in their head, but not everyone admits it, even to themselves. I think that if more people admitted they have mental roadblocks instead of stubbornly believing they "turned out fine", the world would be a better place. Going to therapy doesn't mean you have to have a diagnosis. It just means you'd like to talk it out with a neutral person who has been trained to help you work through some of your problems.

wonderfully put! <3
  • rdthoms
    rdthoms Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    +1 for exercise especially if you can get into a good group class (like bootcamp is good) that has a good supportive group of folks. Some groups I have been in are like a fitness family and very motivating and supportive. Some are just groups of folks doing the same workout but no real interaction. I don't know how to find which is which but you can often trial classes. Best of luck!
  • cdubs4better
    cdubs4better Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Been there, selfies helped me, I started for negative before and after reasons, but I found I recognized the now 40 year old dad body was me, not someone who was in better shape once or someone who was 300lbs... So i started doing some kind of selfie everyday... it sounds funny and nuts, but it worked for me.... I'm not my best, but i feel my best.
  • hroderick
    hroderick Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    Lots of good ideas above. I have some experiences to add.

I've never been to England but I hear the winters are gloomy and that brings a seasonal depression to many. Maintaining weight through the winter holidays counts as a win! As we seek increased happiness we too often neglect the happiness we already have. Look into what a gratitude journal can do for you.

Spring is just around the corner and lifts spirits. Get outside often. As a Christian, I let Easter add so much hope and self-forgiveness to the resolutions I made for New Years.

The absolute best way I increase my happiness is to serve others. It helps me better appreciate what I have and know that the world needs me to make it better. If you need ideas on how to help, try www.justserve.org

Finally, As you go through different phases of life, let go of past pleasures and relish the new opportunities. It is hard transitioning to mid-life but struggling against it won't make it go away, so roll with it.

• Bopo_Amy
    Bopo_Amy Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    If you want some support I am here to help. Friend me. Hang in there girly!